YesNoOk

[Ikemen GO Character] Akiha from Melty Blood: Type Lumina (updated 2023-11-02) (Read 790852 times)

Started by Eiton, February 19, 2023, 05:56:03 am
Share this topic:
[Ikemen GO Character] Akiha from Melty Blood: Type Lumina (updated 2023-11-02)
#1  February 19, 2023, 05:56:03 am
This is Akiha from Melty Blood: Type Lumina.

It requires Ikemen GO 0.99 or above version
Download Ikemen GO here

Screenshots:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
DL:
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=8A6DAEC2677BC10F!9460&authkey=!AJ78WJGT67f-O88&ithint=folder%2c

Updates
2023-02-20:
Fix the bug where moon guage drops to zero when Akiha failed to shield
Fix the bug where fatal counter anounce is not called when countering shield move
Change to use hitoverride to shield helper projectiles
Make successive shielding vulnerable to attacks from the back
Raise the priority of wake up voice
Make new life bar message show on the top

2023-02-25
Fix an unintended AI behavior
Fix the camera zoom problem in EX move close up
Force the camera zoom scale to be 1 in Last Arc
Add a shortcut button Y for A+B+C
Move command buffer system to statedef -4

2023-03-12
Fix a couple of shield bugs
Add throw tech
Add the Guillotine animation
Show MD portrait in MD of Saber made by Beterhans

2023-04-03
Fix the bug where the command buffer time is decreased during hitpause

2023-04-15
Fix some debug error message
Fix the problem where the opponent can recover when being dizzied

2023-06-11
Shorten backstep recovery
Shrank vertical hurtbox before startup for Special and Moon Skill version of Painting the Moon
Shorten startup for Air Brilliant Wheel B and EX Painting the Moon
Fix the bug where moon charge during moon drive would gain moon gauge
Fix the p2 facing bug in last arc

2023-10-29
Fix the problem where Akiha gets pushback at the corner during super pause
Fix the shield effect facing problem on stable 0.99
Change the red life calculation
Show MD portrait in MD of Eltnum made by Nanaya

2023-11-2
Fix the Explod position problem
Last Edit: December 26, 2023, 02:19:16 am by Foobs
Re: [Ikemen GO Character] Akiha from Melty Blood: Type Lumina
#2  February 19, 2023, 07:01:39 am
OK

I guess i need to learn how to build IKEMEN. :)
#3  February 19, 2023, 12:30:46 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
It's nice to not only see more characters made in ZSS, but masterfully done at that. I know barely anything about MB but didn't finid much wrong with this character in the general terms. It's really good. :2thumbsup:

It's a bit early to release 0.99 chars, but I guess you grabbed the opportunity with the rollback alpha.

A little feedback:

- Shielding a helper fireball does this:

(On that note I like that the system messages use the lifebar fonts.)

- If you hit her out of the shield teleport, she'll be standing midair:

- You could give pause and supermovetime to the system helper to allow inputs to be buffered during the opponent's pauses (or move input buffering to state -4)

Readme said:
Here are some noticable differences:
- Crouch Shield can shield stand attacks
- Shielding projectile and helper attacks during blood heat will not activate Last Arc
- No hitbox clash
- Rising jump attacks are mid
- No throw tech

Any reason for these limitations or are they WIP?
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
Last Edit: February 19, 2023, 01:32:58 pm by PotS
#4  February 19, 2023, 01:18:54 pm
  • Resent Oneself
  • Long live the night!
    • Indonesia
    • sites.google.com/view/site-resentone/home
Incredible work, it's almost a 1:1 of recreation of Akiha. AI is a lot more aggressive than her versus mode from the og game (reminds me of her time attack AI)
Other than those things you pointed out inside the readme, it's a faithful recreation.

Readme said:
Here are some noticable differences:
- Crouch Shield can shield stand attacks
- Shielding projectile and helper attacks during blood heat will not activate Last Arc
- No hitbox clash
- Rising jump attacks are mid
- No throw tech

He did stated that it's an engine limitation, Though I'm kind of unsure since beterhans sort of recreated some of it on 1.1.
#5  February 19, 2023, 01:54:07 pm
- Shielding a helper fireball does this:

Thanks for the feedback but I think it is not my fault... I had a look at Evil Ryu's code. The fireball is having a hitdef which triggers every frame and it won't change to dissipate state when movereversed... Ideally the fireball should handle the situation where it's hitdef is reversed and play the dissipate animation.

- If you hit her out of the shield teleport, she'll be standing midair:

Thanks for the report. Fixed.

Some are engine limitations.
In MB, the character will enter guard state (with more stun than normal guard) when it tries to use crouch shield against stand attacks. I don't think it is possible to do this in Ikemen GO.
Hitbox clash is not a thing in Mugen and Ikemen GO.
Some are because I am lazy to implement them :megusta: I may add them back in the next update.

#6  February 19, 2023, 02:21:45 pm
    • Portugal
Thanks for the feedback but I think it is not my fault... I had a look at Evil Ryu's code. The fireball is having a hitdef which triggers every frame and it won't change to dissipate state when movereversed... Ideally the fireball should handle the situation where it's hitdef is reversed and play the dissipate animation.
Actually I was mostly curious about your reply. Fireballs changing state upon movereversed was something I considered way back but did not implement because it was not "standard", and I think MB chars used to use HitOverride for shielding projectiles. I'll make this compatibility change when I update my chars.
That still leaves many chars incompatible with this shield though. Would be nice if Ikemen allowed us to manipulate the MoveContact triggers (like a reverse MoveHitReset).

Some are engine limitations.
In MB, the character will enter guard state (with more stun than normal guard) when it tries to use crouch shield against stand attacks. I don't think it is possible to do this in Ikemen GO.
Maybe you could use a ReversalDef for crouching attacks and a HitOverride for standing attacks. Then have the char stay in that guard state for gethitvar(hittime) + X frames. Food for thought.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
#7  February 19, 2023, 03:13:07 pm
Actually I was mostly curious about your reply. Fireballs changing state upon movereversed was something I considered way back but did not implement because it was not "standard", and I think MB chars used to use HitOverride for shielding projectiles. I'll make this compatibility change when I update my chars.
That still leaves many chars incompatible with this shield though. Would be nice if Ikemen allowed us to manipulate the MoveContact triggers (like a reverse MoveHitReset).
Most of the character I downloaded are having hitdef that are either triggering once only or having trigger = !movecontact && !movereversed...
Maybe you could use a ReversalDef for crouching attacks and a HitOverride for standing attacks. Then have the char stay in that guard state for gethitvar(hittime) + X frames. Food for thought.
Didn't think of this. Thanks for the suggestion.
Last Edit: February 19, 2023, 03:17:45 pm by Eiton
#8  February 19, 2023, 03:50:48 pm
    • Portugal
I guess it's mostly a problem with older characters. ReversalDef became a lot more common in recent years. I don't have a big roster to test, but I noticed it also happens with GM's characters, for instance.
But yeah, it's not your fault.

Regarding the system messages in the lifebar, I think you could make them use the "top" parameter. And maybe limit the "Shield" one to the initial shield, because of this:

#9  February 19, 2023, 04:09:29 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
It gets worse when the lifebar you're using does support actions:

(may be worth making a config file for this feature)

On the subject of shielding I'd understand if you can't make a fully functional fatal counter system due to system limitations, but at the very least Akiha should be vulnerable to attacks from the back.

Also, why not using the remaining buttons as shortcuts for A+B/B+C?
#10  February 19, 2023, 04:14:37 pm
    • Portugal
That happens to me too. Just that for some reason it only happens when the opponent is rapidly switching attacks. Not sure if that's the fault of Akiha or action.zss.

A couple more things:

- She bounces really low to the ground

- When getting up, she sometimes plays a get hit sound instead of a voice quote
Last Edit: February 19, 2023, 06:55:53 pm by PotS
#11  February 20, 2023, 04:00:52 pm
Akiha is updated. It should fix some of the problems.
It requires some effort to implement and I heard that the coming rewritten input parser would support macros...
#12  February 20, 2023, 05:58:09 pm
Akiha is updated. It should fix some of the problems.
It requires some effort to implement and I heard that the coming rewritten input parser would support macros...

Today I got sometime and tried her out with IKEMEN GO rollback

I'm totally impressed and shocked, I have to say your Akiha killed my Saber on authenticity, she is on another level.
She just feel like original.
Have no idea how you managed to recreate the FX? or extracted from MBTL?

and she is made purely for ikemen, I can't read the code at all.
is that go language?
You are awesome!

I have some question
1. what feature made you want for IKEMEN 0.99 ? is it rollback?

2. How you managed to extract re-create the FX like EX / Super move BG?

3. Is it OK for you if I use some of the FX on my Saber?

and 1 request
same as Foobs
can you put, blast to Y key and last Arc to Z key?

keyboards can't do A+B+C+D

Last Edit: February 20, 2023, 06:21:58 pm by beterhans
Re: [Ikemen GO Character] Akiha from Melty Blood: Type Lumina (updated 2023-02-20)
#13  February 21, 2023, 12:00:09 pm
is that go language?
That is ZSS.

1. what feature made you want for IKEMEN 0.99 ? is it rollback?
Not really. Akiha uses new sctrl / trigger features in 0.99. Also, more bugs are fixed and compatibility is improved in 0.99. Rollback is just an icing on the cake.
If you are asking why I choose Ikemen GO over Mugen, I would say Mugen is outdated and it has too many limitations. Although Ikemen GO is not perfect, there is a group of passionate devs actively contribute to the project which keeps improving it.

2. How you managed to extract re-create the FX like EX / Super move BG?
I mentioned that in the post in Project board. The BG is impossible to recreate in Ikemen Go using the textures, it is captured from the OG game. I broke it down to several components so that the total number of sprites is reduced.

3. Is it OK for you if I use some of the FX on my Saber?
Feel free to use it.

can you put, blast to Y key and last Arc to Z key?
Give me some time. I don't have much free time to spend on it in weekdays.

membrane keyboards can't do A+B+C+D  :)

Re: [Ikemen GO Character] Akiha from Melty Blood: Type Lumina (updated 2023-02-20)
#14  February 21, 2023, 06:10:02 pm
Not really. Akiha uses new sctrl / trigger features in 0.99. Also, more bugs are fixed and compatibility is improved in 0.99. Rollback is just an icing on the cake.

No I mean for me I use Mugen 1.1 for zoom and 32bit PNG. so I never look back to support old version.
I wonder what killer feature is in 0.99 IKEMEN?

membrane keyboards can't do A+B+C+D  :)

you mean mechanical keyboard can work like arcade stick support all keys to be pressed?

By The way I made a video for her
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-iHtFtM76Q
Last Edit: February 21, 2023, 07:21:21 pm by beterhans
#15  February 22, 2023, 12:58:35 am
I wonder what killer feature is in 0.99 IKEMEN?
The biggest killer feature for me is in 0.98.2 : you can apply palfx to explods and use perspective projection after 0.98.2 (both are coded by me). I wouldn't make it if these two were not available.
The rest are something good to have and fixes for serious bugs.
you mean mechanical keyboard can work like arcade stick support all keys to be pressed?
Yeah I am using a (cheap) mechanical keyboard and I have no trouble executing the command.
Actually any keyboard supports n key rollover can detect 4 key press at the same time. However most of membrane keyboard do not support it.

Edit:
By The way I made a video for her
I watched your video. Looks like the zoom effect is bugged in stage with zoom out... I will try to fix it later.
Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 03:11:52 pm by Eiton
#16  February 24, 2023, 08:29:01 pm
    • China
Thanks for sharing. This is a huge great work.
#17  February 24, 2023, 08:36:36 pm
    • China
I am confused about that how did you get these affects? The only method that I think you made these by yourself. I try to unpack the original games effect, but that one cannot be used.
#18  February 25, 2023, 08:41:18 am
Akiha is updated.

I am confused about that how did you get these affects? The only method that I think you made these by yourself. I try to unpack the original games effect, but that one cannot be used.
Flat effects CAN be recreated in Ikemen Go with the unpacked textures. For the curved / bended texture effects, I used methods similar to this to capture the sprite from the OG game.
Re: [Ikemen GO Character] Akiha from Melty Blood: Type Lumina (updated 2023-02-25)
#19  February 26, 2023, 01:33:02 pm
    • USA
Is it possible to publish a related tutorial? Especially the processing of those full screen skills
楼主是不是之前贴吧上的那位大佬,好像在B站也发布过罪恶装备人物的MUGEN视频!是的话应该能够看得懂中文吧。希望可以出期 制作原始游戏特效 相关的教程,在已有的人物里我感觉你是特效还原度最高的大佬了。
Last Edit: February 26, 2023, 01:37:59 pm by Pain6324
Re: [Ikemen GO Character] Akiha from Melty Blood: Type Lumina (updated 2023-02-25)
#20  February 27, 2023, 03:37:45 am
    • buymeacoffee.com/mannylingle
Great character. Unexpectedly,
Ikemen GO can achieve such an effect.

Just curious, have you considered
doing something like this article (SFXs)?
Million Arthur: Arcana Blood Sprite Rips

If there are SFXs from the original game,
it should make some of the MUGEN Authors who
made Melty Blood willing to come back (to make MBTL characters).

For me, I just want Noel's own SFXs
(Slash FX and Dust pictured below),
No other characters are required.

Image from Mizuumi Wiki.

By the way, thank you for the MAAB article.
I can finish Iori Yagami and Riesz (especially Support Knights).
Welcome to support Linglebuymeacoffee.com/mannylingle
Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 04:04:49 am by Manny Lingle (曼尼琳各)