YesNoOk

Leon S. Kennedy - Resident Evil 4 (Read 22061 times)

Started by Nestor, May 15, 2009, 07:14:17 am
Leon S. Kennedy - Resident Evil 4
#1  May 15, 2009, 07:14:17 am
    • Mexico
    • https://nestor-2099.github.io/gamedev/
Hi to everyone, well, I made another edit of Leon (Resident Evil 4) just some time ago. Please post your thoughts about it, thanks!!!

Pallete separation:

Pallete Resident Evil 4:

Zoom:

EDIT: Here's a sprite of a possible stand.

See you!
Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 08:40:18 am by Nestor-2099
Re: Leon S. Kennedy - Resident Evil 4
#2  May 16, 2009, 05:04:03 am
  • PSN: Cloudius12
    • www.twitter.com/Cloudius12
Well I can say it a decent sprite of Leon. Strap lack detail but its minor.

Its an good example of a sprite that looks simple but looks great
#3  May 16, 2009, 07:47:14 am
    • Mexico
Thanks Cloudius, I forget to say I'm working in the Weapon holsters for the leg. Thanks for your comments, and I'll leave a test:

See you.
#4  May 16, 2009, 04:34:28 pm
I see no flaws, although, i think the hair needs to be slightly longer or maybe just less round at the back

Otherwise perfect, would you mind showing us the punch animation? xD

No Borders, No Nations
#5  May 16, 2009, 05:13:54 pm
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
He looks too skinny for Leon, the hair looks too Kyo-ish.

Other than that, it is good for a Leon sprite.
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#6  May 16, 2009, 06:52:17 pm
    • Mexico
I see no flaws, although, i think the hair needs to be slightly longer or maybe just less round at the back

Otherwise perfect, would you mind showing us the punch animation? xD
Thanks for the comment, I'll take that into consideration. There are some details that need to be fixed with his legs in the anim (looks like he goes back when he punch  :P), but I'll post it once I can correct this.

He looks too skinny for Leon, the hair looks too Kyo-ish.

Other than that, it is good for a Leon sprite.
Thedge, it great to see you here! I'm Sub-zero99, how is everything going? Thanks for the comment, I want to change the look of his face, I made some changes in his hair (minimal really), but looks like is still looking like Kyo.

Thanks for your comments, see you.
#7  May 16, 2009, 07:21:23 pm
    • USA
I wish he was wearing his jacket. Also, isn't Leon paler and have a lighter shade of hair color. Kinda like this right?
#8  May 16, 2009, 07:27:24 pm
i was gonna post what des said, the palette needs work. it's a pretty good start though
#9  May 16, 2009, 07:44:42 pm
    • Mexico
I wish he was wearing his jacket. Also, isn't Leon paler and have a lighter shade of hair color. Kinda like this right?
Thanks for the comments, Des. I think that make the jacket would be a little more difficult (I really would like to do him with it), but I will see what can I do. About the pallete, I will try to give it a try.

i was gonna post what des said, the palette needs work. it's a pretty good start though
Thanks for your comments Titiln, and I will work in a new pallete with those colors.

See you, and thank you all for your comments.
#10  May 16, 2009, 07:54:32 pm
leon doesn't wear a jacket for most of the game, you could use it for an intro (what an original concept!!!)
#11  May 16, 2009, 08:10:19 pm
    • USA
leon doesn't wear a jacket for most of the game, you could use it for an intro (what an original concept!!!)
Yeah, well my cousin scratched up my RES4 discs to ribbons so I wouldn't know this. :'(

But how about this for an concept. You know how Leon Kennedy and Claire Redfield go way back since Raccoon City right? Why not have Claire as a helper for Leon? Or maybe instead of Claire, have Ada Wong appear and bust a cap in her opponent or something.

Also, you know how MvC2's Jill hyper combo has a zombie coming from the ground right? For Leon, instead of a zombie coming from the ground, have Jack Krauser come behind the opponent and slice his opponent with a knife multiple times. When Jack Krauser appears, have Leon say something like "I thought you were dead!" or something. When Jack swings his knife, have Leon duck. If you don't know what I mean, download Big Eli King's Jill Valentine character and look at her specials. http://randomselect.piiym.net/

Oh yeah, to end my ranting, why not have Ashley Graham appear beside Leon in one of his entrances.
#12  May 16, 2009, 08:19:28 pm
    • Mexico
But how about this for an concept. You know how Leon Kennedy and Claire Redfield go way back since Raccoon City right? Why not have Claire as a helper for Leon? Or maybe instead of Claire, have Ada Wong appear and bust a cap in her opponent or something.

Also, you know how MvC2's Jill hyper combo has a zombie coming from the ground right? For Leon, instead of a zombie coming from the ground, have Jack Krauser come behind the opponent and slice his opponent with a knife multiple times. When Jack Krauser appears, have Leon say something like "I thought you were dead!" or something. When Jack swings his knife, have Leon duck. If you don't know what I mean, download Big Eli King's Jill Valentine character and look at her specials. http://randomselect.piiym.net/

Oh yeah, to end my ranting, why not have Ashley Graham appear beside Leon in one of his entrances.
For Ashley, the classic RE 4: "Follow me. Wait. Hide!" for an intro  ;D.
The one with Krauser have a lot of potential.
And for the Claire one, I had and idea for an hyper, "Crossfire". In this time, Leon and some RE Characters appears from one side of the screen, with Leon. In the other, maybe some character like Wesker... so, you can imagine it. The concept is something like the Bulleta "Cool Hunting" hyper, except for the fact that the fire comes from two directions (so it could be a Lvl 3 Hyper).

And for the jacket intro, yes, I had that idea a long time ago (Original concept  ;D  :sugoi: Titiln).

P.D: Here's the preliminar gif of what I mean about the low punch:

Things that need work in it:
- Weapon Holsters.
- Teeth for the 3rd sprite.
- Lack of one more sprite (4th)
- Weapon holsters in the torso (2nd sprite)
- Change the movement from back to forward  :P
- The ones you can see.

See you!
Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 08:32:15 pm by Nestor-2099
#13  May 16, 2009, 08:35:33 pm
    • USA
Good luck. I hope he turns out to be really good.
#14  May 16, 2009, 09:58:12 pm
Hmm, its quite odd that he leans backwards to punch.

No Borders, No Nations
#15  May 17, 2009, 04:22:47 am
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
Hmm, its quite odd that he leans backwards to punch.

I agree. This makes no sense, because he is making his hit reach shorter, something not to a fighter.
you  have these options:

- Make him don't move the legs too much (see terry's punch)
- Make him leans fowards to punch (Kim)
- make him leands backward but without moving his foot like that. Its an evasive move, but makes sense just when he is closer to someone.
#16  May 17, 2009, 05:07:50 pm
  • all is love in fair and war
great sprite, but somehow I couldn't tell who he is, if you didn't mention it on your title.
maybe the hair, maybe his eye is too friendly, maybe his pose, maybe he should carry a knive, I'm not sure...