YesNoOk

Benhazard Wip Projects and other Stuff (Read 138309 times)

Started by benhazard, September 22, 2020, 04:20:47 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Benhazard Wip Projects and other Stuff
#101  January 28, 2022, 12:32:29 pm
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
Maybe someone can make a patch update for Infinite's version.
#102  February 01, 2022, 03:25:56 am
  • Some stuff, Skyrim, Doom, RE3, amateur pixelartist
These Update Gouken Sprite are beautiful! i am glad you are able to harness your skills!
Thanks! it was your work that inspired me to move this idea.

Gouken looks solid as hell!

Out of curiosity, do you have plans to add some extra animations like Advancing Guard or Spinning ala VS Games?

Gorgeous works so far!

For now I will take a break, there is some minor misc stuff missing here and there but nothing big, eventually I will add cool things but overall he should be a well rounded fighter.

CVS Gouken is complete. lacks some minor polish. (some frames are inconsistently big, etc but that should be done in a few days.)

Great work Benhazard! Did anyone already declared his will to code a playable character using these outstanding sprites?

Two declared their intent to do.

#103  February 01, 2022, 09:02:33 pm
  • #1 Boss Lady
    • UK
Super hype! Warm my heart to see projects this good get completed, congrats. Can't wait to see what people do with this spriteset
#104  April 24, 2022, 05:30:16 am
There was some stuff that was missing, so start working on it.
Shermie Light CK
#105  April 24, 2022, 09:07:45 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
OMG Yes !!!
I can't wait to see more of her other moves in action.
You plan to give her all animations from SNK Heroines and KOFXV as well ?
#106  May 05, 2022, 03:31:18 pm

To do
-Midnight Bliss (?)
-Parry(stand/crouch/air)
Last Edit: May 05, 2022, 10:41:45 pm by benhazard
#107  May 05, 2022, 09:40:15 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
#108  May 07, 2022, 07:44:30 pm
  • MUGEN MEMES
Wow
Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(
#109  September 04, 2022, 01:36:02 am
I feel cringe for finally understanding Diepod's feedback.

I don't know why I took so long to read a anatomy book.
Gouken has ironically become a good teacher as a model to pay attention and learn from. What tension points means and why it matters and how the skeleton and muscles affects the body.
I'm doing some pieces for pratice. and did some sprites from inside out to see what I can apply, inperfect but something that scares me.

I kinda get now what people mean by no regard to human anatomy.
Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 01:40:55 am by benhazard
#110  September 04, 2022, 09:28:47 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
A character with so many exposed muscles like him is particularly challenging. But the sprites are already way past the point of "good enough" so I wouldn't lose sleep about it.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#111  September 04, 2022, 11:31:05 am
  • A.K.A. NED
Yes, the sprites are already more than descent.
Sure that the fact they are "based" on 3D characters can make some weird/unnatural results (Thiw is what gave me a weird feelinf when SF4 was shown first)

And I know how challenging and captivating it can be to aim for perfection in sprite work.
I tooks me several years to get "out" of it.

With such an already very good base, I would focus mostly on the important sprites in an animation, some key frames, some frames that have a hitbox,
These frames will be posed more often...

Again, every post of yours is pleasing to read and watch because of your skills and research of perfection. Even if it can be frustrating because of the time it takes.
#112  September 04, 2022, 01:52:41 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Ben, you're doing an awesome work with this. Also, I totally agree with what Momotaro said. Aside the muscles, you're also doing a perfect work with clothes' folds, how they move and etc.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#113  September 04, 2022, 05:13:09 pm
    • Argentina
When we thought Gouken was already perfect, Gouken is becoming Goudken!  :yikes:
#114  September 04, 2022, 11:04:52 pm
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany
Hey Ben, what's up?

First and foremost I'd like to let you know that we won Character of the Month back in April:
https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/character-month-march-2022-voting-195828.0.html
Not sure if you were aware of it but if not I think it's really cool that the community recognized your efforts thru that contest ;D

Secondly, I'm glad your not stopping with Gouken! Even tho his spriteset is way beyond functional now, I appreciate when artists want to go back and improve upon what is already good.

Thirdly, around two months ago while DMing with Potemkill, he was kind enough to test Gouken, point out a mistake on his shirt, and fix that mistake himself :tearsofjoy:

Fourthly, I've been improving my game when it comes to ripping animations from certain games. I'm far from having something 100% functional but spriters like Potemkill, sabockee or FeLo have said that these helps as base. I ripped these from USF4 Gouken just as an example:
Spoiler: Draw, Win 3, Win 4 (click to see content)
But if you ever want a reference from there, just hit me up.

Finally, I really hope you can go back and give Gouken a roll fwd, a fall recovery/tech roll, and a guard crush animation :jackie: i think those 3 anims (and maybe a Trip anim) are the only thing missing for him to legit have every single animation he would if he was in CvS2

Glad to see you back after your well deserved break  :love: