YesNoOk

DC Comics Universe (maybe discussion?) (Read 403758 times)

Started by Edtion, June 05, 2011, 10:00:42 am
Share this topic:
Re: DC Comics Universe (maybe discussion?)
#61  June 09, 2011, 02:12:16 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
cassandra was still a batgirl in batman inc. and I actually liked batgirl when it started out with stephanie, it was good, kinda had a little buffy vibe going. I think they are doing this to bring in new readers and whatnot, and just change the status quo, its a little silly if you ask me, I dont like them setting back new people (dick) just to have the same people (bruce who I love, but cmon) in like 4-5 books themselves..... ugh.

flashpoint is decent right now, I like how cyborg is the definitive hero of this world.

and no, everything is being rebooted but the stuff johns did with blackest night and brightest day etc will still be intact in the canon.

edit-- again its not a complete reboot, its like a semi reboot\launch
#62  June 09, 2011, 02:34:11 am
    • Edtion.TK
@Neocide
I like the Revy avatar. Also you're 100% certain DC said that's what they're doing, and not what they 'basically' said? Where'd they say it, because I want to see their 100% actual words.

And seriously:
P.S. Is it possible to get HIV from a bite? Because I'm watching Baki the Grappler and Baki's mom just bit him, then when he was leaving, I saw this.
#63  June 09, 2011, 03:14:18 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
#64  June 09, 2011, 03:15:38 am
cassandra was still a batgirl in batman inc. and I actually liked batgirl when it started out with stephanie, it was good, kinda had a little buffy vibe going. I think they are doing this to bring in new readers and whatnot, and just change the status quo, its a little silly if you ask me, I dont like them setting back new people (dick) just to have the same people (bruce who I love, but cmon) in like 4-5 books themselves..... ugh.

flashpoint is decent right now, I like how cyborg is the definitive hero of this world.

and no, everything is being rebooted but the stuff johns did with blackest night and brightest day etc will still be intact in the canon.

edit-- again its not a complete reboot, its like a semi reboot\launch
I looked over and I see alot of characters getting titles that are not fan favs.
Also I saw the teen titans, I won't be reading that
seriously WTF happened to them. DC can never get them straight.
I'm glad blackest night and brightest day aren't getting erased.
what is the cause of this flash point thing by the way. Is it fallout from the last crisis?
#65  June 09, 2011, 03:26:14 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
flashpoint I didnt start in on, it was happening in flash, but alot of different things have happen instead of what initially happens in the main universe,like
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
I am not liking teen titans either, what the fuck did they do to tim drake, he looks like falcon's sidekick. ugh. UGH. this relaunch is lame.
#66  June 09, 2011, 03:39:08 am
When I tried to read what was in the spoiler tab I suddenly got the error "did not compute!"

That sounds like it would have been a nice else-world story and nothing more.
#67  June 09, 2011, 03:50:17 am
    • Edtion.TK
I didn't find anything useful on that link you posted, aside from a link to another site with this lady with m.d. speaking about Barbara being a symbol/icon for people with disabilities and DC retconing/removing her handicap is upsetting to her, which linked to another page with some information about the new line of comic books (3 pages with more than 4 text-only paragraphs is too much for me to suffer through)

I only saw them re-mentioning that DC comics is making a first issue for 50/51/52 comic books, which doesn't say it's an entirely new story/continuity. It could easily be just a new volume for each of them (which if you only see that information it doesn't, by itself, state a new continuity).

(If you actually want me to figure it out any time soon) Can you link me to a specific source for information on a continuity change.

and really, I want to know  >_<
P.S. Is it possible to get HIV from a bite? Because I'm watching Baki the Grappler and Baki's mom just bit him, then when he was leaving, I saw this.
#68  June 09, 2011, 04:01:36 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Be careful jmorphman is gonna fist you.
#69  June 09, 2011, 04:06:52 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
http://www.comicbookresources.com/news

check around there, they have previews to the comics on sale in september, which are alot of new number ones with relaunching stuff, they dont intentionally tell you some stuff is being redone, but they do mention stuff, also the fact some of the big characters are going to be a bit younger. 

edit --- and hiv is transmitted through open wounds etc, so biting someone who has the virus could cause you to get it, not entirely sure though but its possible I think.
#70  June 09, 2011, 05:27:55 am
    • Edtion.TK
Ok, thanks (for both). So I take it that it can't be transferred via biting someone (biter to bit).
Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 06:56:29 am by Edtion
#71  June 09, 2011, 06:05:32 am
    • USA
but he said the opposite  :ninja:
#72  June 09, 2011, 06:57:05 am
    • Edtion.TK
Yes, but he answered the opposite of my question  ::).

P.S. look at my signature  ;D.
#73  June 09, 2011, 08:44:16 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Sadly, that sig avoid me to post more stuff about DC here :S plz, at least keep the image with a spoiler!!

I only saw them re-mentioning that DC comics is making a first issue for 50/51/52 comic books, which doesn't say it's an entirely new story/continuity. It could easily be just a new volume for each of them (which if you only see that information it doesn't, by itself, state a new continuity).
Do you know about the number 42?? Well, for DC Comics, the number 52 it's almost the same thing, it's like a symbolic number used in a lot of stuff and stories in the company

And don't like the 80% of changes in this reboot, like Rob Liefeld making the new Hawk & Dove series  :gonk:

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#74  June 09, 2011, 08:52:05 pm
    • Edtion.TK
They should add the female as an associate to the hawk and dove (brothers? I don't know anything about them aside the cartoon versions).

I don't know 42, but 52 is the multiverse and 52 days of no SM/BM/WW.

Sadly, that sig avoid me to post more stuff about DC here :S plz, at least keep the image with a spoiler!!

What does that mean  >:( (aside from the animation, out sigs are the same size, and yours is almost the same humor as mine)
#75  June 09, 2011, 08:57:48 pm
    • Chile

Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#76  June 09, 2011, 09:02:23 pm
    • Edtion.TK
Hey 6 men holding each other's hips with their asses really close together seems far more disturbing than a boxer hitting a referee's hand for getting too close to the sack   ::) .

Can you explain/simplify 42, because that's a page explaining the number 42, which is one number greater than 41, and one number less than 43. That's over explaining a single number.
#77  June 09, 2011, 09:21:11 pm
    • Chile
Spoiler: To avoid more offtopic... Edtion, get over here!! (click to see content)

Also, DC showed the new designs of Superman, Supergirl and Superboy (way different to Teen Titans appearance)
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/06/09/dc-relaunch-a-brand-new-look-for-superman-supergirl-and-superboy/

And I think the other thread about Reboot should be merged here, IMO (report?)

#78  June 09, 2011, 09:51:50 pm
    • Edtion.TK
Maybe, though this thread really isn't about the new reboot (people just keep talking about it), it's about.... the first crisis and other DC related things.

I can tolerate the supergirl, but that superman sucks (maybe it's just the way it's drawn). If they're going to make any changes to him, they need to give him black and white suit with long hair  ;D. The superboy may look good once he's finished being built (as a cyborg/robot?)
#79  June 09, 2011, 09:53:05 pm
supergirl's new costume is interesting. Supermans is kinda egh.
Superboy is totally bastardized but I never liked him anyway.
#80  June 09, 2011, 10:06:34 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
wtf, superman looks like he has armor on almost, I know he's the man of steel, but you don't have to make it look like his suit is too. SuperGirl's suit is nice,superboy's sucks in titans and his own title, what a letdown there.