YesNoOk

KID GOKU Z2i BETA RELEASE (Read 4503 times)

Started by MSHRobson, April 15, 2022, 06:47:48 pm
Share this topic:
KID GOKU Z2i BETA RELEASE
#1  April 15, 2022, 06:47:48 pm
    • Brazil
Hello everyone, Kid Goku Z2i's BETA is released!!
This project was born a week after the launch of Indigo Build, which generated a lot of hype, mainly by Pilaf who made me imagine what it would be like if Kid Goku and DB OG were represented in the game.
I want to thank you to all the people involved in the project and the community that always helped me keep the motivation to move forward, sometimes with praise or even with criticism that helped me to at least rethink some things...
But none of this would be possible without EXDoragon and Axellord that with a lot of courage agreed to review all my madness and did a great rework in the coding, elaboration of CS and so many other things...
Also thanks to these guys:
- TheGuzyo and Tazuluki by Big Portrait.
- Tazuluki by Win Pose Finisher LV3.
- Armentis by Nimbus and Oozaru tweaks.
- Balthazar by Portrait tweaks.
- MUGEN Hunter by Sonic sprites.
- Warner by Giran sprites.
- TeamZ2 by several sprites.
- WizzyWhipitWonderful by Piccolo Daimaoh and Oozaru themes.

Being a BETA we already expect probable bugs and there are many things that we are experiencing...But despite that I hope you enjoy this early Easter gift... and share with us interesting content about it...

Link Google Drive:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MFVzxWR40nNcPUQp2LsYsIyW6bny1zb9/view?usp=sharing

Link Mediafire: https://www.mediafire.com/file/52xrjaj3ksceghg/KidGokuZ2i.rar/file

Follow the link to give your feedback, it will be very welcome: https://forms.gle/jQVQS3fr34hb5igm9

Now let's have fun!
- RobsonMSH
Re: KID GOKU Z2i BETA RELEASE
#2  April 15, 2022, 06:58:41 pm
  • "Forgeddaboudit"
  • Squawkabilly
    • Romania
    • wf4123.neocities.org
I would actually to say, this is the addon for HDBZ which it could fitted perfectly. And yes, this character are just regularly appearance from the first Dragon Ball saga.
#3  April 16, 2022, 12:49:30 am
    • Argentina
    • matrerog@yahoo.com.ar
Nice sprite work. It looks amazing for a beta.
#4  April 16, 2022, 12:56:15 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Sprite and animation work seems really solid. Pretty good for a first beta!
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#5  April 16, 2022, 08:15:31 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
I want to congratulate you on the amount of love that was put into this character. That intro with Jackie Chun for one took me back to my childhood. :) I also like the clever use of moves from other fighting characters.

Some feedback:

Basic:
- The sound file could be optimized a bit. I don't think there's any advantage in using stereo for voices and most SFX. However this is consistent with Z2 chars
- States 105, 1001 and 3602 have bits where his Statetype is S but his Pos Y is not 0
- You don't really need to list things like his jumping medium kick in the readme
- Standing hard punch needs a better sound effect
- The hitboxes need some work. The Clsn1 are often too big, and the Clsn2 are too small or move around too much
- First frames of the forward walking anim could be faster
- You could flip the walking back animation horizontally
- Headbutt velocity/timing feels weird

Specials:
- His flight is too good. Especially for a taunt
- First hit of Olympic Kid should send P2 a bit higher so the following hits don't miss some chars
- The reflected projectile from Pole Shield does not have a hit sound
- Pole Shield and Multihit Pole only require two button presses to come out. I think that's too few. You also can't perform them while crouching
- I think Multihit Pole doesn't need to destroy fireballs because that makes Pole Shield less useful
- "Frezzing Breathing" should be "Freezing Breath"
- A frozen character has the same Clsn2 as Goku when they could just use their own
- Wall Walk -> Air Toss Grab throw animation has hitboxes. That can cause issues in Simul mode
- Wall Walk -> Aerial Strike can be punishable on hit (opponent can recover before Goku). It's also kind of useless compared to the previous move
- The trigger to get out of State 1255 should not be "Animtime = 0". That will make some characters (like most of mine) get stuck
- Scissors is a bit too powerful I think, because of the advantage you get
- Paper on the other hand looks cool but is the least useful of the 3 variations
- I would make Afterimage cost no power to use but be easier to punish. The real Goku should not have any invincibility (this is true to the series as well)

Supers:
- They deal too little damage overall
- Kamehameha seems to have some issues trading hits with other projectiles. It does 5 hits, but if hit by a simple projectile it stops immediately instead of doing 4
- A character hit by Vertical Kamehameha can hit back Goku before he recovers
- 8 Arms Technique is a bit hard to perform on a keyboard

Power Mode:
- Holding back and mashing Start makes you charge the bar faster AND allows you to block
- Power Pole Extend is too slow
- Bulma Plane disappears immediately if hit by any attack
- Oozaru walking back looks weird. A reversed forward walk may look better

Debug messages:
- In state-2-3.cns, [State 3033, Snd] and [State 0, Explod] are causing a debug flood because of missing Numtarget triggers
- State 708 also has needs some numhelper(19411) triggers
- In state 19418 you used ChangeAnim2 which is only meant to be used in custom states
- In State 562 you should use ChangeAnim2 instead of ChangeAnim
- State 3400 also needs Numhelper(3444) triggers
- There are more messages than these but these should get you started
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#6  April 17, 2022, 01:22:37 am
    • Brazil
Thanks for the feedback and thanks for the support! This will be included in the improvements report for an upcoming update.
#7  April 17, 2022, 02:34:08 pm
  • The true fight begins now..get in the tournament!
  • Danzey legendary tournament is the final fight!
    • France
    • danzey-legendary-tournament.blogspot.fr/
excelent work! i am very impressive! thank you a lot for this release! keep going on ! you nailed it ! i am looking foward for your next updates or projects! ( i have a a request : could you add a strong AI in your characters?) .

my older name was danzey,now i'm SHIN DANZEY
FOLLOW ME ON YOUTUBE AND my Website