Staff positions (Read 242258 times)

Started by Sepp, October 27, 2007, 12:56:10 am
Gaming moderator, staff specialization
#61  May 10, 2008, 07:31:25 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
I agree. There are at least two more suitable candidates with an interest in Gaming:

• Snake, who has already done moderation in the past but is currently on hiatus
  • K.O.D. who's helping in the Request section and hanging out in the chat

If we go with either of them (and they accept), we'll also have enough non-global moderators (those of the Request section and Gaming) to introduce a new membergroup (visible or not) that grants write access to this section to make for direct communication.

By the way does anybody of the current staff have specialization wishes? For example, somebody who keeps a bit of an eye on Watch was requested a few times in the chat recently, but while I have a strong interest in movies and the like I barely take a look at the many YouTube videos there... do you? (If not, does any user for that matter? xD Who could also make a moderator?)

If there's a section you're basically almost reading cuz of special interest, speak up. I guess the admin team ought to cover the feedback section... yep.
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
The Thousandfold Thought (2006)
Re: Staff positions
#62  May 10, 2008, 08:20:58 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
I rather moderate the Mugen discussion(s) than the releases (which is how it was before you took discussion back at some point ;P), don't keep enough track of new releases to watch over them naturally.  But I realize it's probably the section that needs a "resident" moderator the most, so I can keep it if no one else wants it.

About Snake and K.O.D., I find it hard to pick one of them... can't it be both?
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#63  May 10, 2008, 08:33:03 pm
  • corner push pusher
I'm here pretty often, I'll watch over releases if you don't want to do it anymore POTS. I keep abreast of it pretty often...unless you want someone with a more in-depth intuition in MUGEN development to run it, like cyanide or just no point.
#64  May 10, 2008, 08:54:54 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
PotS yeah that fits perfectly, you really ought to have them back. ^_^"

Releases, we can try that. It's one of the central sections where almost everybody checks every now and then. I often move topics between the three sections and used to edit in the correct filter icons, for example. If anything big happens, just call for reinforcements. cuz if u mess up there everybody will see and you will be yelled at >:)
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
#65  May 10, 2008, 10:57:22 pm
  • corner push pusher
I'll be tarred and feathered  :ninja:

Thumbs up for K.O.D and Snake (if he wants to be). 9999 should run the reports section  ;P
#66  July 17, 2008, 01:27:07 pm
I wish to watch over the M.U.G.E.N Configuration Help section. In other words, becoming a moderator of the current section.
Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 05:31:23 pm by Invictus
#67  July 17, 2008, 04:13:51 pm
    • Germany
ssshhh, don't give "hangs out in the chat" as reason for modship. people will come and annoy us :P
#68  July 17, 2008, 10:15:31 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
--R. Scott Bakker
#69  July 18, 2008, 09:01:58 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Fine by me as well. I tend to get horribly frustrated if i try and help anyone in there. The problems are always so simplistic.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#70  July 18, 2008, 12:29:20 pm
Sweet, thanks.
#71  July 18, 2008, 11:34:02 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
About Snake and K.O.D., I find it hard to pick one of them... can't it be both?

Then I'd say time for two new Global Moderators, both assigned to Gaming (oh, and Watch! Think it might fit)... if they want to. *asks*

Edit: Although... no darnit, that doesn't compute. If he agrees, Snake will only get the honor to be our first local-only moderator outside of the request section. :-X
--R. Scott Bakker
Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 11:37:52 pm by Thrawn
#72  July 18, 2008, 11:37:59 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Eh, sure, sign me up I guess.To watch I mean.
#73  July 18, 2008, 11:45:53 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
final afterthought to what i had in mind for Snake before I fall asleep:

so i imagine it less like "staff position" where you'd be expected to represent certain attitudes throughout the forum everrywhere and pretty much all the time and more like "elevated user" to help out in one section you're interested and active in anyway... if you want.
--R. Scott Bakker
#74  July 19, 2008, 12:05:39 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
I said that two months ago, KOD has since gone wild on Laxxe-like reports and 4chan or whatever attitude :uhoh:... Dunno, nowadays I find it really easy to pick Snake out of the two (sorry).
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#75  July 19, 2008, 12:09:44 am
i'd rather have e back

also music has nobody "watching" over it
#76  July 19, 2008, 02:47:58 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
I do wish the permissions shit would die. Its up to the creator please. If he wants to kick up a fuss fine, don't do it for him.

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#77  July 19, 2008, 02:49:37 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Where is it happening right now?
#78  July 19, 2008, 02:53:11 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Releases mostly, i can never be facked looking for the threads but most of the ones i have visited seem to contain something. Generally NOT from the person who made said character.

#79  July 19, 2008, 10:02:01 am
  • what a shame
    • Iran
Hey guys.
#80  July 19, 2008, 10:04:14 am
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
See the permission arguments every now and then, but we could split that discussion from this thread.

PotS, more stuff like that would make me worry a bit---but he's only 14! If he doesn't drift into the "you're stupid I kill you" direction, I don't see enough problems that would justify not trying it.

He and Snake agreed, I just rushed through and gave K.O.D GMod and Snake local mod for Gaming for starters.

i'd rather have e back

also music has nobody "watching" over it

Music... XD I have something in mind for later that could be fun and useful.
--R. Scott Bakker