YesNoOk

Noise Factory health values (Read 8419 times)

Started by Jango, February 23, 2015, 10:35:24 am
Share this topic:
Noise Factory health values
#1  February 23, 2015, 10:35:24 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
In the rare event that you want to make a character from Rage of the Dragons or Power Instinct: Matrimelee, it should probably be noted that the characters in the games have differing health values. While you see this a lot in current games (ie: Street Fighter IV, MvC3, Skullgirls...), as far as I've seen that doesn't happen a lot in older fighters (I could be wrong though, because I mostly just checked SFZ3 and KOF). The obvious assumption is that this was done for balancing, although some of these are head-scratchers in that regard.

Anyway, here's the numbers:

Rage of the Dragons
Johann

Abubo

Radel, Mr. Jones, Kang, Oni

Billy, Jimmy, Lynn, Sonia, Elias, Cassandra, Pepe

Annie

Alice, Pupa

Power Instinct Matrimelee
Sissy

White

Olof, Mr. Jones

Buntaro

Reiji, Poochy, Keith, Chinnen, Jimmy, Elias

Shinchiro, Anny, Saizo

Ume, Tane

Hikaru, Kanji, Clara, Lynn

So if you want to translate these values for MUGEN, the best way I can think of (and that I did for Mr. Jones and Pupa) would be to take whatever health item looks to be in the middle (180 for ROTD, 160 for Matrimelee), treat that as 1000, and then just use a simple ratio system to figure out where the desired character's health stands. So for example, if I was making Anny from Matrimelee, it would look something like this:

(155 x 1000)/160
155,000/160
968.75, and since MUGEN doesn't do decimals for life values, just round it up to 969.

Pretty sure most people have access to the ROTD artmoney table that Cyanide made (I can't remember the link off the top of my head, will post it here when I do) if they wanna double-check for that game, but AFAIK nothing was posted for Matrimelee so I figured I'd just share what I found. And sorry, I currently can't do PS2 emulation on my computer so I can't check for values in Bonno Kaihou.

Hope this helps creators who want to make characters from these underrated gems!