YesNoOk

CVS Mugen Fighting Jam - Hikaru Otagi Joined Into The Game - 20 June 2021! (Read 1013074 times)

Started by yudhiyou, April 13, 2017, 03:29:39 pm
Share this topic:
Re: CVS Mugen Fighting Jam - New Package, New Stages, and Big Update 19 July 2020!
#221  July 20, 2020, 02:43:40 am
    • Indonesia
Good on you for changing the stages, they're more fresh and varied compared to the HD SF2 stages that got old kinda quick.

There's still some specific stuff I'd like to point out:
1. Birdie's The Birdie's Super Pause is off because he starts attacking during it and this could lead to it being unblockable in normal play is P2 is too close.
2. Birdie's Bull Avengers have misplaced Dust FX, appearing above him.
3. Kyo's Super Mu Shiki can whiff if done in the corner.
3. God Rugal's Genocide Heaven seems to fire a random Projectile during super pause that can randomly damage P2 mid-super.
4. Kaede's Supers (Excluding the Kasshin Sou Ryu) do rather low damage compared to the usual supers.
5. Ironman's Repulsor Blast does massive damage on block.
6. I might consider changing the Lilith to DivineWolf's aswell since you've changed the Morrigan.
7. The PotS chars' super afterimages vary depending on the Super, so some supers have Blue, some have Red (The red's generally for what were originally Level 3 Supers).
Updated today....
1. The Birdie super pause start time has been adjusted now.
2. Birdie's Bull Revengers EX misplaced dust fx has been fixed.
3. I have checked Kyo's Mu Shiki super, it is working fine on corner.
3. God Rugal's Genocide Heaven super fire random projectile has been fixed.
4. Kaede's Kasshin Sei Ryu super damage attack has been increased. Kasshin Fuku Ryu super projectile position on corner has been fixed.
5. Ironman's Repulsor Blast super damage attack on block has been fixed.
6. I think Warusaki's Lilith is fine already. Beside editing and porting pots chars into this game is really exhausting me. :(
7. All pots chars afterimage super color has been changed to red.

Please redownload it...
Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 03:20:44 am by yudhiyou
Re: CVS Mugen Fighting Jam - New Package, New Stages, and Big Update 19 July 2020!
#222  July 20, 2020, 03:10:46 am
    • Indonesia
Lastly I feel you should replace the Back Roll on recovery with the normal get up. I did suggest this before.
The Yellow CvS2 pop-ups should be disabled aswell.
- The game is not using back roll animation on get up. I just standarize the get up using statedef 5201 and 5200 animation on all of characters. It is not using normal get up because it made cpu too easy to predict attacking it on get up. That is why it has invicibility on get up now. Beside I wan't to mimic Street Fighter V gameplay on character get up.
- Which yellow cvs2 pop-ups do you mean?
#223  July 20, 2020, 03:20:29 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#224  July 20, 2020, 03:34:00 am
    • Indonesia
#225  July 20, 2020, 03:38:24 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

It's these pop-ups I'm talking about.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#226  July 20, 2020, 03:44:49 am
    • Indonesia
#227  July 20, 2020, 05:34:24 am
    • Australia
Lastly I feel you should replace the Back Roll on recovery with the normal get up. I did suggest this before.

I agree with this as well. In SF5, quick rise and quick roll only happens with stick or button inputs, otherwise you do a normal get up, so you can use this strategically. In your game, every character does the exact same get up no matter what, so there is no point as everyone is even easier to predict on get up
#228  July 20, 2020, 05:45:12 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
just a quick question: will you be able to replace decapre soon since tJun released her?
#229  July 20, 2020, 05:46:42 am
    • Indonesia

I agree with this as well. In SF5, quick rise and quick roll only happens with stick or button inputs, otherwise you do a normal get up, so you can use this strategically. In your game, every character does the exact same get up no matter what, so there is no point as everyone is even easier to predict on get up
Hmm.. So I need to add random value for cpu ai for how it will get up then.
Btw what is the input for quick rise on Street Fighter V?
#230  July 20, 2020, 05:48:17 am
    • Indonesia
#231  July 20, 2020, 06:07:42 am
    • Australia

quick rise is double tap Down, or 2 punches
quick roll is double tap Back, or 2 kicks

also i do enjoy the simpler mechanics of your build, it is kind of refreshing. I do my own tweaks, but i enjoy your build enough to keep me coming back for each update. Keet it up!
#232  July 20, 2020, 06:10:06 am
    • Indonesia

quick rise is double tap Down, or 2 punches
quick roll is double tap Back, or 2 kicks

also i do enjoy the simpler mechanics of your build, it is kind of refreshing. I do my own tweaks, but i enjoy your build enough to keep me coming back for each update. Keet it up!
Thank you very much for enjoying the game. :)
Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 06:18:53 am by yudhiyou
#233  July 20, 2020, 06:19:17 am
    • Indonesia
just a quick question: will you be able to replace decapre soon since tJun released her?
OK, I have already found her. Looked like tJun's Decapre is great char like other his creations.
Thanks for the tips about her.
#234  July 20, 2020, 07:58:36 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
#235  July 20, 2020, 08:11:47 pm
  • xxxxx
Thank you for adding my character. Please check out the latest version which I have just updated.
Keep up the great work.  :mhappy:
#236  July 21, 2020, 01:04:20 am
    • Indonesia
Thank you for adding my character. Please check out the latest version which I have just updated.
Thank you too, tJun. Your characters are great and fit perfectly into the game.
Now I am still porting your Decapre into the game. I am using your latest version 1.4. Is there newer version of her?
#237  July 21, 2020, 01:34:21 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
Now I am still porting your Decapre into the game. I am using your latest version 1.4. Is there newer version of her?

tJun recently updated her to 1.42 where some of her hitbox issues got resolved
#238  July 21, 2020, 02:25:25 am
    • Indonesia

OK thanks...
#239  July 21, 2020, 02:29:42 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA

OK thanks...

no problem
Re: CVS Mugen Fighting Jam - 1 July 2020 Kaede Join The Fight!
#240  July 21, 2020, 07:47:22 pm
    • UK
The idea of removing the groove is for balanced and consistency gameplay. I feel that A groove vs P groove or N groove vs C groove is very annoying in gameplay and balance.
This game is targeting mugen crowd, not spesific to cvs player. So this game become separated from original cvs game as brand new game.

This doesn't make any sense, and just shows your lack of understanding and lack of experience.

Removing the grooves destroys balance, and also makes the game boring. Some characters are better with certain grooves, due to attack, defense, specials, and supers, create unique opportunities. You basically watered and nerfed the game, believing it is equal opportunity, but it's not. You made many characters weaker, and you also make weak characters even more weak than before. Some characters do better in K-groove, some do better in A-groove, some do better in C/N-groove. The game is less balanced now. It's not a good idea at all.

Your reasoning of explanation is "it's annoying" where that seems more like an opinion and lack of experience or understanding. I'm here speaking facts. What you are doing is very counter intuitive. Even if you are targeting the Mugen crowd, you just made your own game more boring and one dimensional. Do not call this CvS then..... it's misleading.

The bottom line is.....
Do you want your game to be fun? because it's not fun with a flat, boring 1 system groove, I'd rather use PoTS characters than to use a CvS2 character with groove removal. Seriously, you're making a huge mistake, I would reconsider wisely if I were you.

At the end of the day, you can do whatever you want, I'm just sharing the truth. Do whatever you want, it's your choice.

Go play CVSW then if you want a CVS-style mugen game with groove selection. This is yudhiyou's one and its his choice on what he prefers so please respect that, and FYI I think he's done a great job on this so far.

What you say is your opinion only, not the truth or facts or anything.
To play or not to play: That is the question...