YesNoOk

Need some tips to start developing on mugen (Read 11667 times)

Started by R4V3N, June 19, 2020, 07:18:34 pm
Share this topic:
Need some tips to start developing on mugen
#1  June 19, 2020, 07:18:34 pm
    • Uruguay
Hi guys! I've been playing (messing) with mugen code for a couple of months, editing some builds (MKP, some random KoF and mugen 1.1b). So now I'm starting some kind of testing project with a 1.1b (from elecbytes) and I was looking for some kind of pack of functionalities or something like a framework to start from the scratch. I see the starter pack on this forum but I was looking something similar but for 1.1.b . Is something like that outhere? or some full game with low editing (I'm trying to start from original source or mostly).

Also some tips about developing on mugen will be much appreciated. I'm php developer, a bit blind (I don't C :D ), have been playing with C# on the past but too long time ago. I think I understand mostly of what I see on .def files but if you have some documentation links or references, will be much appreciated.

And about software what apps you use?? I installed Fighter factory (latest), but I really rather to use my daily editor (VS code). I've installed .def support on VS Code, what else I need to not use FF?  I messed a lot my games by using it (editing sprites stuff), I want to have control on every file and I think FF is changing things on files that I have not edited (tell me if I'm wrong). btw for image I'm using GIMP.

Thanks in advance!!
Life is short, smile while you still have teeth.
Re: Need some tips to start developing on mugen
#2  June 20, 2020, 11:18:04 am
Hi guys! I've been playing (messing) with mugen code for a couple of months, editing some builds (MKP, some random KoF and mugen 1.1b). So now I'm starting some kind of testing project with a 1.1b (from elecbytes) and I was looking for some kind of pack of functionalities or something like a framework to start from the scratch. I see the starter pack on this forum but I was looking something similar but for 1.1.b . Is something like that outhere? or some full game with low editing (I'm trying to start from original source or mostly).

Also some tips about developing on mugen will be much appreciated. I'm php developer, a bit blind (I don't C :D ), have been playing with C# on the past but too long time ago. I think I understand mostly of what I see on .def files but if you have some documentation links or references, will be much appreciated.

And about software what apps you use?? I installed Fighter factory (latest), but I really rather to use my daily editor (VS code). I've installed .def support on VS Code, what else I need to not use FF?  I messed a lot my games by using it (editing sprites stuff), I want to have control on every file and I think FF is changing things on files that I have not edited (tell me if I'm wrong). btw for image I'm using GIMP.

Thanks in advance!!

You mean you want to edit the engine it self not character not stage not life bar?
I don't think mugen is open source.
#3  June 22, 2020, 04:42:06 pm
    • Uruguay
You mean you want to edit the engine it self not character not stage not life bar?
I don't think mugen is open source.
no, I'm not trying to edit engine, just normal stuff, characters, stages, UI etc. Ok I already solved mostly of my questions.
About the "starter pack" I downloaded "mugen plus V1.1b", and about FF and editor questions I just using both. Fighters factory for sprites, and VS Code for everything related with coding. I have a few more questions regarding graphics and png but I will post on another topic.

Thanks!!

Note: Can't find the option to mark first post as solved.
Life is short, smile while you still have teeth.
Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 05:29:37 pm by R4V3N
#4  September 18, 2020, 10:15:36 am
There are already many threads that cover all the basics to know for your development of mugen. Just search for "Hints and Tips" or "Tricks, Tips & Tutorials section" on there :)