YesNoOk

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project  (Read 1304661 times)

Started by Xenomic, April 27, 2008, 12:56:53 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Which format do you prefer for the project to take?

Current format (aka do whatever character and then release packs after set amount of time)
24 (31.6%)
Suggested format (aka focus on one character and then release sprites after finished)
52 (68.4%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Re: Midnight Bliss and Shock Project
#1001  July 01, 2015, 04:08:54 am
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
And one more from simpleguyfa! This one in spoilers as there's one particular nude sprite there...>_>

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Some of them are relatively nice, while others...not so much so (and some can't be used anyways. Some also don't make sense, like Hotaru's...). Underwear/bikini I don't consider very good Midnight Blisses (unless the bikini is done really well I suppose and isn't JUST underwear-esque like some of these are). Out of these, I think I like Eliza's, Hinata's, Michelle's, Jill's, and Morrigan's the best. And I think I like the original Ingrid that he did better than this one, as well as the Kula (Nakoruru's isn't bad, but it's proportioned oddly). Mina's disappoints me the most though. : <

Rimururu's has the potential of being good if it's done in her original style I feel.  Same with Momoko's.
Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 04:18:21 am by Xenomic
#1002  July 01, 2015, 05:31:13 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
hotaru is the one that makes more sense because that's motaru.
#1003  July 01, 2015, 05:32:30 am
    • USA
Mota--- *Throws Bastard Mami into a lake*
#1004  July 01, 2015, 06:13:05 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
No offense, but the Athena Midnight Blisses look kinda bad, especially the arms, they don't....look like arms. Mind if I take a crack at it and post a fix tomorrow?
This is a generic forum signature.
#1005  July 01, 2015, 06:30:06 am
    • USA
If you'd like. You can take a crack at any of the Midnight Blisses to make them better, in all honesty. Up to you! You can even try to fix up some to be in their proper styles, like Rimururu and Kula! Or, you can also even try to do the grab sprite for some of them (would love to see one for Hinata. It's nice that he did that particular one for her ha. Don't think it's the same one used in her current character, but it's still similar enough~). ^^
#1006  July 03, 2015, 09:41:55 pm
    • USA
New Sangue Passare animation for Athena Asamiya from King of Fighters 2000, done by 1024X768. This is for her hair buns, if you cannot tell. We discussed this a few months back about what would be fitting for some characters, and for this version of Athena, figured the hair buns would work best. Hey, not always do Sangue Passares have to be breasts and butt, ya know? It's nice to have variety every now and then! This is something I had in mind for Chun-Li too (if not her hair buns, then her legs would work too).

@Black Hatter: So simpleguyfa pretty much stated to me that he's not a spriter and basically just takes sprites and splices them together. That's how he generally does these. He also says he can't do hands or arms worth a lick, so yeah, that'd explain the bad arms and hands ha. But yeah! Message from last time still stands!
#1007  July 26, 2015, 05:24:00 am
    • USA
Spoilered due to Nude sprite I didn't even notice. *Sigh*

And here is the very last thing that simpleguyfa will be doing for a while~ Quite a few interesting ones here! Got quite a few that I feel are really nice and would be really cool to see for characters~ ^^
Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 06:37:28 am by Xenomic
#1008  July 28, 2015, 06:32:17 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Might want to spoiler that due to Elena.

also LOL AMINGO
#1009  July 28, 2015, 06:37:55 am
    • USA
Thank you for that, I didn't even notice it there. Wish people wouldn't do nude sprites for MBs, that's not what it's about. &gt;_&gt;;
#1010  July 28, 2015, 11:12:42 pm
    • USA
No new sprites this time around. However, here's a little something for anyone interested in trying a new sprite!

Teaf is updating/redoing his Rucheca character. For those who do not know, that would be this character (note that this is the only sprite I could get ahold of for her newer version. There's one on his Pixiv but A) GIF so can't save, and B) Not going to link to it because he has some NSFW stuff on his Pixiv.

You may be wondering, what idea do I have for her? Well, I've been trying to come up with a good Midnight Bliss for her (the ones he has for her aren't...that great IMO), and been busting my brains out trying to come up with a good one. Then I remembered a certain character that would work perfectly for her Midnight Bliss, or at least the design would, that being Primm/Purim from Secret of Mana:

So for those interested in trying a hi-res Midnight Bliss, here's your chance to try one here! Whether the color palette will work well enough for this or not, I can't say for sure. Think of it as a more adult version of Rucheca while not being...NSFW or just underwear/bikini/whatever.

Hope to see some of ya'll give it a shot! ^^
#1011  July 29, 2015, 02:28:37 pm
    • Portugal
Anyone can submit to this project, right?

#1012  July 29, 2015, 06:26:26 pm
    • USA
Indeed they can. With a few more touch-ups, that sprite could work very VERY well. Just need some things here and there fixed and added in. Great job on it FastFlash! What I can see that needs fixed/added (if you want to be more like the image too):

*Tiara/hairband thingie for ponytail needs added.
*Feet need touched upon.
*The jewelry thing under her breasts needs readjusted as well as the one around her waist.
*Gauntlets needs touched upon
*The artist's left shoulder needs fixed I feel like. I don't know if it's supposed to curve in like that.
*Missing one of the jewelry things that's by her hip which seems to overlap the waist jewelry thing.
*Ponytail needs to be longer and...fluffier? Wider? Not sure how to put it.
*Hands need touched upon.

With those fixed, it should make it look a lot better! ^^
#1013  July 29, 2015, 09:06:40 pm
    • Portugal
Thanks!

Is it better now? I'm horrible at spriting hands =P
I might try to do the full midnight bliss animation
#1014  July 29, 2015, 09:17:59 pm
    • USA
That'd be interesting to see how you handle the full animation ha. If you want, go for it! ^^ I can give you advice on those too, if you try them. I'd start with the grab, then go from there. If you need any information on how those are done, just let me know! ^^

Let's see now...feedback time!

*For the shoes, they should probably be blue as in the image. Good catch with the green gem, I didn't even notice that.
*I'm not sure on this myself, but could probably raise the bottom of the pants a bit more since she has a bit more leg to show. Plus missing the leg ring on the I noticed.
*Hands are better, though need to retouch on those gauntlets. The left one (artist's left) may need to be thinned out by one pixel on the left side to kinda match how the one on the right is.
*Still need to give her more hair in her ponytail if you want to match the ponytail hair with Primm. Needs to be longer and wider.
*The jewelry under her breasts still could use a bit more work done. You might be able to pull off what you did with the one on the waist there with that one. It also needs to go around her body there as you can see in the 2nd reference image primarily (1st shows it too).
*On the left side of her top, need to make it cut down like how it is on the images.
*Lines on pants are optional. I know those are a pain to deal with lol.
*Right foot may need to curve downwards more

That's all I got so far. Just remember to look over the reference images as much as possible to get the feel for what each area should look like.
#1015  July 29, 2015, 10:14:53 pm
    • Portugal
All right, fixed it again!
I'm not sure about the hair, but I think midnight bliss only changes the clothes
I did one with a new ponytail anyway
Also tried the lines on the pants, but they didn't come out good

Which version do you prefer? I prefer the first one
Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 10:22:07 pm by FastFlash
#1016  July 29, 2015, 10:24:07 pm
    • USA
It can change more than that sometimes (Kasumi's hair is not in a ponytail but let down when she's Midnight Blissed in SvC Chaos for instance, and Felicia's is a lot more smoother looking).

That's a tough one. 1 and 3 do look the best, while 2 and 4 do follow the pants a bit better (though the lines may need adjusting of course). The hair on 2/4 would need touched up on, though it does make her feel older I think ha. Other than that I think it looks fine, unless you want to add the hoop earring, but that's up to you~

Now, the only concern that I'll have is if the palette will work properly with the character haaaa. While I'd like to keep the current colors for the Midnight Bliss, I may need to adjust that later (or adjust the palette for Rucheca later. Or let Teaf do it if he will). I don't know if you grabbed the colors from her palette or not. But that'll be for another time, palettes are usually easy to deal with!

Will be looking forward to the grabbed sprite, since I'm assuming that'll be next~ ^^ 1st one is probably best due to how the hair is right now, though can probably do a grab sprite with both styles of hair, and then just do the animation and replace the hair thereafter on the later ones if need be I'd imagine~
Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 10:27:33 pm by Xenomic
#1017  July 30, 2015, 12:26:23 am
    • Portugal
Done!
The face needs work, but I will do that later
Also going to do a version with the other hair

#1018  July 30, 2015, 12:35:43 am
    • USA
Just a sidenote, there are 6 frames total for Midnight Bliss. 1 stand (which you did), 1 grabbed (which you have here), and 4 drain (you have 2, so missing 2). There's some things to keep in mind with the draining too:

*For the most part, with the breasts they tend to go flat and you see the ribs further into the draining.
*For the coloring, it gets darker (using the dark skin tones already there) to outline the draining.
*For the eyes, they become sockets later on.

For example, here's some stuff you can use to use as reference:

You can also check SVC Chaos sprites too:

http://xenomic.freehostia.com/pages/SVC_Chaos_MB.php

(There's also other Midnight Blisses you can look at for references).

Hopefully those all help you out! Just need 2 more frames and some adjustments, and it'll be good to go! I wasn't expecting the full thing so soon! You're really surprising me lol. It's really good so far! ^^
#1019  July 30, 2015, 01:05:54 am
    • Portugal
Alright, I'm done with this animation for today =P
I'll apply whatever fixes it needs and do the version with the other hair tomorrow

#1020  July 30, 2015, 01:24:13 am
    • USA
Much obliged for your work on this. I wasn't expecting anyone to pick it up lol.

It's a better start so far. What I can see that needs fixed (some may be minor compared to others):

*Ribs need to be better defined. Again, take a look at all of the examples for a better idea. There are some hi-res sprites that were done long ago (by me, though they're not the BEST, they're still a reference) that does this, such as Dizzy. Malin is also a decent example of this
*Eyes still need to be more like in the references/link (sockets basically. Keep in mind, it's basically a living body to a skeleton at the end).
*For the ring on the right leg (artist's right), needs defined on the drain sprites. It's kinda hanging there like it's broken. You could make it seem like it's dangling there though (I think Dhalsim does this?? I know someone does)
*For additional effect, if you really want to, could make the shoes kinda slip off. If you don't know what I mean, Felicia's Midnight Bliss is an example of this (and the only one I can think of where this happens since she uses slippers).
*For the back/stomach area, I don't think it'd wind up like that. May need to look at the various references on my site to see what I mean, but the way it looks makes it seems like the shirt is form fitting, which wouldn't be the case I think. Try starting at near the top (after you do the ribs thing with the breasts) and go from there. Once at the ribs, it'd probably just slightly sink in from under there with the clothes in the front (from the back, it probably wouldn't sink in TOO much I think). Some examples would be Guile, Balrog, Chun-Li, and Demitri. There's also still a breast line where it curves inward where it wouldn't be. You would probably be able to see outlines of ribs even there (Kyo's a good example of this, and probably others too).
*The neck needs adjusted a bit in the front.
*Stray pixel near mouth in 4th sprite.
*Much like with the other jewelry, you can probably make the jewelry under her breasts dangle a bit more loosely. For instance, you could make it so that it kinda dangles downward in a U or V shape the further in the draining to signify loss of mass in that area (I am not sure if that part is part of her clothing or not. It might be so it might not do that in the end).
*Need to fix the back part of her shirt near her arm in all of the non-stand frames to match with her stand frame.

*Minor: After the grabbed sprite, there wouldn't be any blush as I would think the blood loss would make that not happen even at that first drain stage.
*Minor/Debatable: Whether or not the puffiness of the pants would still be that puffy, I don't know, nor do I know if they wouldn't slip down a bit during the draining. See some of the reference sprites for instance. Likewise with the top not folding over (kinda like how it does for Cirno's, which is the only other example I can provide for that).

That's all I got right now. Would have to apply those changes and see where it goes from there. Keep up the fantastic work though and keep on improving! If anything, I hope this has at least been a fun little practice spriting for you! ^^