YesNoOk

How does the Tandem move for JoJo's Bizarre Adventure chars work? (Read 1925 times)

Started by Mimikyutest77, June 25, 2019, 12:01:37 am
Share this topic:
How does the Tandem move for JoJo's Bizarre Adventure chars work?
#1  June 25, 2019, 12:01:37 am
    • UK
How does the Tandem move Dio Brando and most other JoJo's Bizarre Adventure characters have work? It pauses the game for a while. Then records your inputs. Then the game unpauses and your character's Stand (It's your character's inner self) appears and performs the inputs you performed, while your character can jump about and attack freely.

I've tried looking at the programming of JoJo's characters capable of this (Jotaro Kujo, Dio Brando, and a few others) but I still don't understand how it works or how I can put it onto my character.
Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 07:00:06 am by Odb718
Re: How does the Tandem move for JoJo's Bizarre Adventure chars work?
#2  June 25, 2019, 03:46:01 pm
    • UK
Furthermore would it be possible to change what is part of the Tandem Mechanic, and what is not?

#3  June 26, 2019, 09:22:18 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
This is doable to some extent. It would also be simpler if i truly understood bitwise shifting as that grants a time component for you as well. Basic shitty method. Each each time you run a command that sets a variable to a predefined value. When that var has a value reset the command one and allow setting of the next variable. And so on. Horribly ugly. Also one of the few situations where allowing the helper keyctrl = 1 is helpful.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#4  June 27, 2019, 06:16:24 pm
    • UK
I'm sorry but I don't understand what you just said. If it's ugly, do you know a better way of doing this?