YesNoOk

Noel Vermillion (alpha release) by ron_ti_chu (Read 55361 times)

Started by ferretsshadow, December 15, 2011, 08:41:03 am
Share this topic:
Re: Noel Vermillion (alpha release) by ron_ti_chu
#41  December 15, 2011, 11:41:37 pm
  • hecc
excuse me while I go cry in a corner.....
anyway moar feedback to add onto nanashi's
-none of her attacks have cornerpush
-missing several chains from Blazblue
-Her astral finish requirements are done wrong+ all it is just one measly attack.......

yeah this + the other errors Nanashi mentioned=... :gonk:
also has someone gaven this feedback to the creator yet? he seems to understand english from what I saw on one of his comments he left

youre a fucking meme. another borewood. REIWOOD. SHIP CONFIRMED.
I will force feed Dark Pit right into your ass if we ever play on wi fi.
i think this a dark souls of a mugen forums.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 12:19:40 am by Viewtiful SantaChu
#42  December 16, 2011, 12:25:22 am
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
To help the creator of this Noel for the frozen issue if they are reading this, it could be that the creator made it so that Player 2 is put into a custom state and there is only one changeanim2 in the custom state making it appear to have a "Frozen" animation. To fix this they should just add another changeanim2 with another value to make it look like they are moving. I haven't downloaded this Noel yet but I think that whats the problem is and how to fix it.

What does this "frozen" state look like in BB, anyway?

I haven't had a chance to try out your bbh

Don't.
#43  December 16, 2011, 12:28:08 am
  • Five Dynasties of Water
    • Mexico
    • Skype - alchemistofatlas
*Rather waits for a custom one with better quality ora completye fix on this*

Although honestly, I'll go for the former option.
PotS said:
That they don't just restrict themselves to my style.

Fact.
#44  December 16, 2011, 12:51:57 am
    • USA
    • speedy9199.webs.com/index.htm
Guys when you guys are talking about accuracy both of these Noels DON'T EVEN COME CLOSE. For something to be "Mostly" accurate(because a complete code translation for mugen can't be done 100% for any mugen character not just Blazblue) The gameplay AND the sprites, and FX have to be the same not just the gameplay. Also I heard that Blazblue has some sprites that can't be ripped properly so a Blazblue character having IDENTICAL sprites is not going to happen  so 100% translated Blazblue character sprite and code wise is out of the question :(
The answer to most of your mugen problems is to know more math.

How can you get the "feel" of a character if you are only touching a keyboard or controller?!?!
#45  December 16, 2011, 01:03:35 am
  • hecc
but you can at least get a basic feel of how the character plays like. we don't expect perfect accuracy, but at least something recognizable to how the character is supposed to play like
#46  December 16, 2011, 01:10:14 am
    • USA
but you can at least get a basic feel of how the character plays like. we don't expect perfect accuracy, but at least something recognizable to how the character is supposed to play like

To be honest awhile ago I was expecting sometype of Japanese mugen creator in the future to make an accurate Blazblue character because as we all know Nippon makes the best shit!  :P But seeing as this creator failed at accuracy WE ARE FUCKED

How can you get the "feel" of a character if you are only touching a keyboard or controller?!?!

GOH

#47  December 16, 2011, 01:17:36 am
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
#48  December 16, 2011, 01:21:06 am
  • hecc
WE ARE FUCKED
no we arent, just because one person failed doesnt mean everyone else will fail.
we are starting to get better blazblue conversions, for example, Devilpp's Hazama and DaNaru250's Jin
and there already some promising blazblue conversions in the works. Devillpp is making a Ragna. DaNaru250 is also making a Ragna and also plans on making Noel and Rachel. ShaGuiTo64's Noel looks very promising.
I wish muteki would make blazblue conversions though. he would probably do them quite well, after seeing how well he made all those guilty gear characters.

#49  December 16, 2011, 01:31:43 am
    • USA
WE ARE FUCKED
no we arent, just because one person failed doesnt mean everyone else will fail.
we are starting to get better blazblue conversions, for example, Devilpp's Hazama and DaNaru250's Jin
and there already some promising blazblue conversions in the works. Devillpp is making a Ragna. DaNaru250 is also making a Ragna and also plans on making Noel and Rachel. ShaGuiTo64's Noel looks very promising.
I wish muteki would make blazblue conversions though. he would probably do them quite well, after seeing how well he made all those guilty gear characters.

BTW Devilpp PMed me awhile ago and said he'll be using my Ragna's stuff for his Ragna just to tell you. Also for my characters, my next update for my BB chars WILL be the best update evar for my characters yet just you wait... My Noel will be better than this guy's Noel.  >:D all I need is a bunch of testers.

#50  December 16, 2011, 01:43:17 am
  • Best supporting character in history of anime.
    • USA
    • www.youtube.com/user/aznperson569M

uguu
#51  December 16, 2011, 01:43:24 am
  • TEHUH NAYUME EZ HUWK KOO MAWUN
    • Canada
. . .Ok then :stare:

Harmony is harmony is harmony is not with us, harmony is not with us. Living hell is coming.

3DS FC: 0232 - 8852 - 3659
#52  December 16, 2011, 01:44:09 am
    • USA
my next update for my BB chars WILL be the best update evar for my characters yet just you wait... My Noel will be better than this guy's Noel.   all I need is a bunch of testers.

Oh you'll need much more than that, really. Why do I get the impression that this...

Guys when you guys are talking about accuracy both of these Noels DON'T EVEN COME CLOSE. For something to be "Mostly" accurate(because a complete code translation for mugen can't be done 100% for any mugen character not just Blazblue) The gameplay AND the sprites, and FX have to be the same not just the gameplay. Also I heard that Blazblue has some sprites that can't be ripped properly so a Blazblue character having IDENTICAL sprites is not going to happen  so 100% translated Blazblue character sprite and code wise is out of the question :(

...sounds more like an excuse to justify your conversion quality than anything else? Graphics aren't even accounted when we talk about graphics.

see for example KOF style characters, There are many of them with very good palette separation and that doesn't mean it makes them less accurate because that's not taken into consideration, it's just an extra detail. Same deal with FX, you can just replace them with fitting ones (Like... you know, NOT COUNTER STRIKE blood?) and everything's going to be fine.

Well, this character is pretty BAD so I don't really think I'll check it more for now, it goes to the recycle bin right now.
#53  December 16, 2011, 01:49:28 am
  • hecc
ShaGuiTo64's Noel looks very promising.

Give me a video to this because I remember seeing multiple Noel wips on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9Sy1pxKU7c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEr_LwVdS7E

Same deal with FX, you can just replace them with fitting ones (Like... you know, NOT COUNTER STRIKE blood?)

he already changed that
also remember when I said this noel had no cornerpush on any of her attacks, I found she does have cornerpush, but it doesnt work in a mirror match o_O

Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 01:55:29 am by Viewtiful SantaChu
#54  December 16, 2011, 01:55:28 am
    • USA
The point, you're missing it!
#55  December 16, 2011, 01:58:31 am
    • USA
my next update for my BB chars WILL be the best update evar for my characters yet just you wait... My Noel will be better than this guy's Noel.   all I need is a bunch of testers.

Oh you'll need much more than that, really. Why do I get the impression that this...

...sounds more like an excuse to justify your conversion quality than anything else? Graphics aren't even accounted when we talk about graphics.

see for example KOF style characters, There are many of them with very good palette separation and that doesn't mean it makes them less accurate because that's not taken into consideration, it's just an extra detail. Same deal with FX, you can just replace them with fitting ones (Like... you know, NOT COUNTER STRIKE blood?) and everything's going to be fine.

Well, this character is pretty BAD so I don't really think I'll check it more for now, it goes to the recycle bin right now.

No I am not making excuses. I have NO INTENTIONS on making my BB characters accurate mostly because you can just play the real game for "perfect accuracy". So the first part of your arguement is invaild. Also you are not going to shut up about the counter-strike blood are you? Which isn't even in my characters anymore as I said before. Also thank you telling me those blood sprites can be considered "bad" that's exactly what I wanted to hear to improve.

#56  December 16, 2011, 02:08:51 am
    • USA
what argument? Why don't you try to learn to argue before even attempting to code something else? because you're making no sense. I'm obviously talking about the accuracy concept as a whole, not about your... em... characters. And hell I did use the CS blood as an example of a BAD FX CHOICE because that's what it was, no one said it's like that in your current char nor nobody CARES right now.
#57  December 16, 2011, 02:14:05 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Guys when you guys are talking about accuracy both of these Noels DON'T EVEN COME CLOSE. For something to be "Mostly" accurate(because a complete code translation for mugen can't be done 100% for any mugen character not just Blazblue)

No, not really. There are games that are simplistic enough to make perfectly accurate characters.
#58  December 16, 2011, 03:39:03 am
guys take your arguements about speedy's work somewhere else   >:D
#59  December 16, 2011, 05:50:01 pm
    • USA
Well I finally got around to testing this Noel and before ANYONE calls me a hypocrite on problems I mention because my characters in the past had some of the same problems I have already fixed my characters.

-This Noel has all the problems mentioned before

-This Noel's base sprites are NOT ripped well. The sprites are rough around the edges. Look at the sprites from dustloop and this Noel's sprites and you'll see what I mean.

-All most all the sprites are misaligned

-This character NEEDS to use a localcoord. I'm surprised just me and daimon use localcoords for our characters. All of these types of characters SHOULD use it. Also this Noel is WAY too large.

-The BIGGEST problem this Noel has is very strange. It's IMPOSSIBLE to fight this character. This Noel somehow actually SCREWS up Player 1 when this Noel is Player 2 and player one's attacks change, I have no idea how this is but I am testing this Noel in mugen 1.0 and I don't know if this Noel is for winmugen only or not but it happens on mugen 1.0 but since this thread was posted in Mugen 1.0 it should work in 1.0

#60  December 16, 2011, 10:29:32 pm
  • hecc