#1  October 23, 2011, 02:08:17 pm
    • www.ablsearch.com/gamingforum/
New MUGEN Forum Opened
Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 03:34:23 pm by Rajaa
Re: Rogue
#2  October 23, 2011, 02:54:52 pm
  • Loading....Loading.....Error
Sees IMT. *feels the dubious thing*

Sees registration required. Gimme a minute....

I made this sig. :ninja:

Props to a friend for my avvie
#3  October 23, 2011, 03:02:07 pm
  • Q
Sees IMT. *feels the dubious thing*

Sees registration required. Gimme a minute....

So to be clear, your have a low opinion of IMT, yet you have yet to register there? --;
(don't make this another IMT 'criticism' thread, please, just the character)
#4  October 23, 2011, 03:21:30 pm
I think is worth registering in a site that does awesome characters+edits. A person can even set up a junk email address just for sites that they have no interest on..  Great characters I will for sure follow it updates closely.
New MUGEN Forum Opened
#5  October 23, 2011, 03:32:29 pm
    • Thailand
This thread is pretty much useless to anyone without an account there. Provide a download link or delete this thread.

http://www.infinitymugenteam.com/Uploads/ACEY/Rogue.zip

Modification:

So, did he use custom sprites for all of the moves, or did he just reuse a bunch of sprites that Rogue already had?
Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 03:44:10 pm by Rajaa
#6  October 23, 2011, 04:15:00 pm
Could not tell you if he did original sprites since All i had was an old Rogue... The character is solid but the AI is weak so when you play the cpu you can easily give it a beating, i love that you can take other characters powers and I think i saw in a video that you can use against other characters
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsiKy353dcw&feature=player_embedded#!
New MUGEN Forum Opened
#7  October 23, 2011, 04:36:47 pm
  • the strongest motherfucker on the planet
    • UK
    • meldo.neocities.org
@Rajaa: The sprites are edited, but this Rouge is EDITED FROM KONG'S ROUGE AND IT'S STILL BROKEN. Come on Acey you can do better than this.
#8  October 23, 2011, 04:43:38 pm
Sakarin

How can you detect if a character is broken. Please explain as I'm not a tech guy, If users post their issues for sure he will fix... Forgot to mention character not final so fixes for sure be addressed!
New MUGEN Forum Opened
#9  October 23, 2011, 04:58:36 pm
    • UK
    • meldo.neocities.org
Most of Kong's stuff are broken, but this one, is even worse.
#10  October 23, 2011, 05:03:46 pm
  • Vae Victus!
    • USA
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/lord-kains-small-portraits-140580.0.html
I'm sorry to brake your bubble buddy but this Rogue its pure worthless garbage aswell as the link you provided...
"Given the choice; whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the Fates for another throw a better throw against one's destiny... what was a king to do?
#11  October 23, 2011, 05:27:27 pm
I thought It was good news to users in this website, It sounds like there is personal issues with that website, which is has nothing to do with character though the character is bad i can still find fun using it besides is free so why complain?  I'm here for the gaming and not to offend, make  online enemies, curse or anything like that please remenber that we are all here because we enjoy gaming.
New MUGEN Forum Opened
#12  October 23, 2011, 05:51:53 pm
    • UK
    • meldo.neocities.org
You know that we're talking about the character more than you, right?
#13  October 23, 2011, 05:59:59 pm
Sakarin
I well understand you are talking about the character, so do not take stuff personal, but in my opinion I do not need to have a 100% perfect character as I have not found or looking for a perfect one, I'm just try to enjoy as stuff is, and if there is an update I go back and download.
New MUGEN Forum Opened
#14  October 23, 2011, 06:31:30 pm
    • Thailand
Okay, you guys think it's garbage, time to shut up about it. And there is no need to defend anyone, either, Abls1.

Post about the character, neutrally if you must. We don't need disrespectful posters and white knights in this topic. Thank you all.
#15  October 23, 2011, 06:57:16 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
I smell another heated "Kong like" debate here. Let me put in my two cents.

I am in fact no coder (if I had time I'd learn), so I can't argue or debate on that behalf. However, amidst all of Infinity's releases, this one ain't that bad. The biggest plus is how Acey implemented all of those stolen moves. Considering how many releases Mugen has and how Acey made this possible is pretty cool. Lastly, judging from the playtime I spent with this release, she handles pretty well. Once again, this comes from a huge fighting game fan, not a coder. I really like this one.

From a coding perspective (knowing this came from Kong's source... Am I correct on this??) along with how Infinity handled constructive feedback, I can see what the fuss is all about.

So Rajaa, where's your Rogue!? I'm anticipating yours even more now!!
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#16  October 23, 2011, 07:02:24 pm
    • Thailand
All posts are getting deleted that are about the damn Kong argument; defending or offending alike. Don't ask me about my Rogue in this topic.
#17  October 23, 2011, 07:50:56 pm
  • Q
3rd try may not be deleted:

Try to post real feedback. As if it were someone respected like Sean Alty or Cyanide. I'm not debating IMT's releases, etc, I don't want to turn this thread into a Guile strategy guide like the other one. (chuckle)

Just give criticism, specific, not "This are garbage, me no like", be specific, get to the point.
#18  October 23, 2011, 08:25:44 pm
  • For honor!
- Her large portrait is not isolated from its background and just looks bad on a fighting game select screen.

- Her into is really badly animated. I could barely tell she's tapping the ground with her foot for whatever reason. Then there's that one frame cape throw...

- Her stance isn't good either. What works for people like Thouther really, really does not work for Rogue at all.

- Her damage output is atrociously high. I can take nearly half of an average character's health with an air combo that I do by mashing buttons.

- As a result of being based off a certain someone's version, her gameplay is very sloppy and button mash accessible. An 11 year old can hold his/her own against a character AI patched by a Nico Nico Douga viewer with this Rogue without even knowing what he/she is doing.

- And you thought her dive kick couldn't be more annoying than it was in the source game. Now try it with badly guessed velocities!

- The timings and velocities make me gag. Everything is clearly way too fast, too slow, lasts too long, or is a combination of badly guessed velocities and timings. I don't even use Rogue very much in the Marvel series and I can still see how offensively wrong her data is.

- Doesn't feel anything like a Marvel vs Capcom character, or even a decent character for that matter. It feels like a freaking mess. I don't care how creative Acey wants to be, he should at least have the decency to look at actual game data so his characters won't feel so gosh darn sloppy!

- The stolen powers were not done well at all. I refuse to accept that Acey ever used Iceman in the Capcom marvel games to even think that his Ice Beam is like that. Or how about The Amazing Spammable Spider-Man web balls? I don't even want to talk about the stolen supers. The animations, the hitdef data, the way they are coded, and just about everything about her stolen powers screams sloppy rushjob.

And I just can't handle it anymore to go in even further. I am very sure there are bugs leftover from its previous version left over just waiting to jump out and disgust the unsuspecting player too.

Right now we are very solid in gameplay, programming, graphics and creativity.
You say that so often. I wonder what your basis for comparison is?
Iroha stripped for me
#19  October 23, 2011, 08:31:33 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Well said Alpha-San. I seriously gotta learn to code....  ;D
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#20  October 23, 2011, 09:53:58 pm
  • Q
Well, its a small step.
To simplify without the personal crap
-"Badly Guessed" velocities (undescibed, so not very helpful)
- High damage output
- "Bad" animation on intro
- Button Mashable

What 'doesn't work' in the stance?
MvC always seemed very mash friendly to me, so could you elaborate
Keep in mind, feedback isn't used to anger the creator, but rather to help improve a character. Vague answers, that don't explain what must be done, can't possibly help.