YesNoOk

Death Battle (And sprite fight animations) (Read 17370329 times)

Started by Long John Killer, April 09, 2015, 03:59:16 am
Share this topic:
Re: Death Battle/One Minute Melee
#61  April 21, 2015, 01:54:50 am
luthor if he'll pull that anti-life(matter i forgot what it's called again) thing then yes he'll win.
#62  April 21, 2015, 01:58:34 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Also wait, last minute predictions?  They still have to do Lex's pre-battle preview on Wednesday then wait another week.

Oh right, something I meant to do when I last updated the thread.  Video of the last One Minute Melee too, Lucario and Renamon.
Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 02:04:08 am by Long John Killer
#63  April 21, 2015, 02:39:20 am
  • The Barbarian
  • Most ****able 2013
    • USA
    • Skype - chronostrifeff7h@hotmail.com
I'm not a fan myself, but even less so given their manner of crediting basically appears to be "whatever name we see first":

I never knew Cyanide was a sprite artist! Failed credit on Neocide's Kid Buu sprites that he might as well have made from scratch, the work he put in on those back in the day was nuts. The other guys coded the UB22 characters and at most just ripped the sprites AFAIK. I can understand fucking it up a bit, but when you know enough to gut and rip stuff out of a Mugen character at least check the ReadMes that are included with said character.

Normally, I wouldn't care about credit these days. BUT they enabled advertisement on that video, so they are effectively they are making change off Neocide's work and others who may or may not be credited. The very least all their researchers could do is.. basic research. A bit salty, but hey that's just my take on it. They just went lazy on the easy part.
#64  April 21, 2015, 02:46:36 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Even people in our own community seem to have a problem with that!
#65  April 22, 2015, 11:13:57 pm
    • USA
With Walt's little discussion with them, hopefully that mistake won't happen again.

Lex's preview is up.  So yeah, they're using the Kryptonite blasts, Iron Man's dead I'd say.

Spoiler: Preview picture from their Facebook (click to see content)
Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 11:36:47 pm by Long John Killer
#66  April 22, 2015, 11:40:10 pm
i don't want them to use sprites at all. sprites are too limited and only suitable for video games, plus you can only watch them from one angle.
they should make all their fights with 3d models. that way they can put them anywhere and have them do basically anything they can MoCap.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#67  April 22, 2015, 11:42:07 pm
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
They'd need to step up their model game, then, because almost all of the 3D models I've seen them use were kinda shoddy.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?

Bea

#68  April 22, 2015, 11:45:04 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
... No mention to Lex vilest deed to this day on his intro... :(
I am a sad Bea. I hope they mention the terrible act of stealing 40 cakes during the fight at least.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#69  April 23, 2015, 12:10:48 am
    • USA
They do cut out a lot of details in these small previews, I wouldn't be too worried that they'll miss Lex's biggest ongoing joke in the full thing.

I've been seeing Sora of Kingdom Hearts vs Pit from Kid Icarus suggestions a lot in their pages and videos.  Personally I'd much rather Sora vs Sailor Moon.  Still keeps to the young heros with the power of light theme, both have silly other forms and goofy weapons, completely ridiculous over the top powers and actually have ample sprite selections.

Plus you got the whole Sora saves princesses and Sailor Moon resents that notion bit.  And they've already done Gundam and Dragonball, though they seem to have something against the latter.  Missing the third mainstream anime classic.  Plus while I can't vouch for certain having not played much Kid Icarus, the small bits of info I do know, Pit seems hopelessly outclassed in that matchup.
#70  April 23, 2015, 01:20:28 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
i don't want them to use sprites at all. sprites are too limited and only suitable for video games, plus you can only watch them from one angle.
they should make all their fights with 3d models. that way they can put them anywhere and have them do basically anything they can MoCap.

Not completely true. If you saw the Raiden v. Thor battle, you'll see that there was more than one angle being used. It just depends on the way they do it:

They'd need to step up their model game, then, because almost all of the 3D models I've seen them use were kinda shoddy.

Yeah, the only good Death Battle/One Minute Melee with 3D models were Samus Aran v. Boba Fett, Deadpool v. Deathstroke (Death Battle) and Batman v. Albert Wesker.

Spoiler: Completely off-topic (click to see content)

This is a generic forum signature.
#71  April 27, 2015, 07:12:10 pm
    • USA

New One Minute Melee.
#72  April 29, 2015, 11:42:06 pm
    • USA
Double post for new Death Battle.

Before you start, yes, Lex's diabolical cake misdeed is indeed taken into account.

Spoiler: Winner and next battle (click to see content)
#73  April 30, 2015, 12:06:38 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Yeah this is defiantly one of my new favorites, probably top 3.  Like the dramatic music in the last scene.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#74  April 30, 2015, 12:22:14 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
At least it was animated better than the previous ones. Voice acting could've used a bit more work, but Lex's dialogue was pretty sweet.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?

Bea

#75  April 30, 2015, 12:32:22 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
That was good.
Animation was much better, but I am not keen on the shaders used.
Dialogue could have used more work too.

And good that Lex most devilish heist was mentioned.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#76  April 30, 2015, 01:16:50 am
    • USA
#77  May 01, 2015, 05:44:13 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
I know I'm late to the party, but I'm not sure I'm a fan of this. Aside from being improperly credited, I have to assume that with videos getting into the millions of views, they're making some sort of money off of them. I know what I created was considered fanart since the sprites are of another company's intellectual property so I'm not going to cause a fuss over it. I know I should be happy that over 4 million people have viewed something that contained my work, but it just doesn't sit well with me. :-\

Download Last Bout now!
#78  May 08, 2015, 01:42:09 am
    • USA

Beast's preview.  Doesn't introduce much that most don't already know though.
#79  May 08, 2015, 02:27:28 am
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
Aside from using the awesome intro theme to the old X-Men cartoon from the early 90's. :)

It'll be nice to get a refresher of Goliath and Gargoyles next week before the match up in two weeks.
#80  May 08, 2015, 03:18:12 am
the 90's x-men theme song is awesome.