YesNoOk

fighting games news that dont deserve their own thread (Read 768996 times)

Started by Niitris, May 08, 2014, 11:34:32 pm
Share this topic:
Re: fighting games news that dont deserve their own thread
#1461  May 06, 2021, 07:12:17 pm
  • SNK is life
Good riddance Marvel VS Capcom :)

Out with the old, in with the new
#1462  May 06, 2021, 07:56:49 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
I'd take a billion more MvCs over a Neatherrealm game
#1463  May 06, 2021, 07:57:40 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
I dunno why people are expecting more creative control if this turns out to be real

For example, even with how silly some of the guest fighters NRS puts in their games can get, it's clearly them having fun and I doubt Marvel would allow for that degree of creativity given how draconian they were with Capcom.
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#1464  May 06, 2021, 08:33:02 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
My big problem about this game made by NRS is the gameplay they used to select like injustice/MK11 where all the combos are so strict
#1465  May 06, 2021, 11:23:08 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
For me its not just creative control its also the fact that with marvel you're never sure if the game is gonna be allowed at a tournament. It happened with mvci at evo and a similar thing also happened to dbfz at evo japan.
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#1466  May 07, 2021, 02:06:13 am
    • Mexico
Alright, I'm gonna be on the unpopular opinion here, but I'd gladly welcome a Marvel fighter by NRS.

Say whatever you want about their animations or the lack of varied body types, but NRS is one of the top dogs of the fighting game industry, right alongside Capcom and Bamco. Their presentation is always top notch, they already have experience making superhero games, and their titles have a good rep as far as handling pre-launch to DLC. Not to mention, they're pretty much the only non-Capcom studio out there that could possibly work out a Marvel fighter, since Namco does them every once in a blue moon, Arc Sys is filled to the brim with their other games and DLCs, and other studios are probably too obscure or revolve around small anime fighters.

I don't personally think they have any real obstacles, cause they've already worked in a pair of rated-T titles, so that can't be a problem. Same with grim and gritty aethetics 'cause the latest Avengers title is everything but the "colorful, kid friendly title" that some folks believe Marvel will want. Roster decisions the same, because there aren't any concerning disputes about characters anymore. Only real issue is the budget, since MvCI was affected badly by that, and getting good character models with scanned faces from real life people and top-notch voice acting requires a pretty penny that Disney should be willing to lend if they want it.

Also, in the case it's a standalone Marvel fighter, this would be a good chance to include many characters that never got to appear in the MvC series (Loki, Daredevil, Doc Ock, etc.). There's certainly room to include several of those in 25/28-character roster plus whatever kind of DLC plans they could have.
#1467  May 07, 2021, 02:30:14 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
For me its not just creative control its also the fact that with marvel you're never sure if the game is gonna be allowed at a tournament. It happened with mvci at evo and a similar thing also happened to dbfz at evo japan.
Let's not forget the infamous Smash Bros. Melee incident that was funded for charity to be hosted at EVO, only to be declined by Nintendo because "they didn't want to see kids see Mario punching Peach" or some bizarre excuse before they reverted it when the community put the fear of god to them.

Guess we are stuck with another potential NRS eLeague if that's the case.
#1468  May 07, 2021, 04:59:28 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com

Alright, I'm gonna be on the unpopular opinion here, but I'd gladly welcome a Marvel fighter by NRS.

Say whatever you want about their animations or the lack of varied body types, but NRS is one of the top dogs of the fighting game industry, right alongside Capcom and Bamco. Their presentation is always top notch, they already have experience making superhero games, and their titles have a good rep as far as handling pre-launch to DLC. Not to mention, they're pretty much the only non-Capcom studio out there that could possibly work out a Marvel fighter, since Namco does them every once in a blue moon, Arc Sys is filled to the brim with their other games and DLCs, and other studios are probably too obscure or revolve around small anime fighters.

I also love the effort they put in with the voice actors' tit for tat intro dialogue.

sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#1469  May 07, 2021, 05:11:51 am
    • Brazil
I love those intros, but I hate NRS' storytelling, they completely destroyed Mortal Kombat's story and Injustice is also full of inconsistencies, and most of all, I hate the stupid mobile-like progression they like to shove in their games now. Would I like to see a Marvel game made by NRS? Yes, if Disney's influence isn't as toxic as WB's.
#1470  May 07, 2021, 08:56:22 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Let's not forget the infamous Smash Bros. Melee incident that was funded for charity to be hosted at EVO, only to be declined by Nintendo because "they didn't want to see kids see Mario punching Peach" or some bizarre excuse before they reverted it when the community put the fear of god to them.

Guess we are stuck with another potential NRS eLeague if that's the case.

Pretty much. I dont want a game where the main developper dont have 100% control when it comes to tournament. I love high level competitive play and it would sucks that we would see another game be restrained by marvel.
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#1471  May 07, 2021, 12:05:14 pm
  • Wandering....
I just hope they start with pure MCU first while it's still hot and not crossover with Mk or DC

they could have DCEU guest characters still if they want cross promotion

They probably tackle already the multiverse

#1472  May 10, 2021, 05:15:01 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
#1473  May 11, 2021, 04:13:10 am
  • Wandering....
#1474  May 19, 2021, 10:43:43 pm
#1475  May 19, 2021, 11:02:25 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Eh.  I know it's plenty popular with others, but I always disliked Injustice's actual story and bleak world.  "What if Superman were evil?" stories were old more than a decade ago and I had a hard time getting into any back then.  So I guess this is nice for those fans but a pass for me.

Furthermore though, I find it ironic that Injustice was NetherRealm's big push in graphical fidelity with their characters, and the adaptation  will be 2D.  I mean, I guess Moral Kombat just did that recently as well, but one of the main things that always stood out to me about Injustice is in 2 how much camera focus is put on showing off their flawless faces at all times, we must show off our 3D designs!
#1476  May 20, 2021, 01:16:50 am
    • Brazil
Meh, the story in both Injustice and Mortal Kombat has been a disaster, I don't look forward to this.
#1477  June 21, 2021, 11:07:11 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#1478  June 21, 2021, 11:20:36 pm
  • SNK is life
"Ya gaem has been lost for 10 years. Today we have claimed it officially dead"

#1479  June 22, 2021, 01:03:13 am
“the project died” while still relatively early in development
I'm convinced Harada once said the game was "basically done" / suggesting all that remained to do was to pad it up with content and all the big direction stuff was done or something like that.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1480  June 22, 2021, 04:06:50 am