YesNoOk

How to make an effect permanent if the opponent is KO'd? (Read 7560 times)

Started by Raldis, January 11, 2022, 10:57:07 PM
Share this topic:
How to make an effect permanent if the opponent is KO'd?
#1  January 11, 2022, 10:57:07 PM
I'm trying to make a few minor adjustments to certain attacks that change the opponent's state or otherwise apply some sort of effect to their sprite. Normally the effects only last for the duration of the animation, but I would like to change it so that the effects persist indefinitely if the opponent is KO'd by the moves that applied them.

For instance, if a character has a move that flattens the opponent's sprite for a moment, how would I change it so that a KO'd opponent stays flattened until the next round/results screen?
Re: How to make an effect permanent if the opponent is KO'd?
#2  January 14, 2022, 04:16:46 PM
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
I'm trying to make a few minor adjustments to certain attacks that change the opponent's state or otherwise apply some sort of effect to their sprite. Normally the effects only last for the duration of the animation, but I would like to change it so that the effects persist indefinitely if the opponent is KO'd by the moves that applied them.

For instance, if a character has a move that flattens the opponent's sprite for a moment, how would I change it so that a KO'd opponent stays flattened until the next round/results screen?
The MUGEN game engine doesn't want you to do this, but it is possible if you do everything just right.

See my post Here

Re: How to make an effect permanent if the opponent is KO'd?
#3  January 14, 2022, 08:38:36 PM
Wow, that turned out to be a lot more complex than I expected, but thanks!