YesNoOk

is complicated get used to arcade stick ? (Read 16418 times)

Started by kamui 2.0, December 24, 2022, 02:35:41 am
Share this topic:
is complicated get used to arcade stick ?
#1  December 24, 2022, 02:35:41 am
    • www.youtube.com/user/anderson505
first sorry, I have been creating to many topics
second, is my first day with arcade joystick and I can't do hadouken or shoryuken without having hard time, sometimes I can't even do hadouken (just luck sometimes), is normal in the first day having hard time with arcade stick ? or my arcade stick is broke ?
thank u

btw, I'm using warusaki3 mugen chars as practice, right now I only have mugen
is possible to appears the buttons on the screen in mugen1.1 ?
Last Edit: December 24, 2022, 08:23:44 pm by kamui 2.0
Re: is complicated get used to arcade stick ?
#2  December 29, 2022, 04:30:28 pm
  • Humanity can be so much more
    • Jamaica
    • https://network.mugenguild.com/makkah/
It takes some getting used to, but with continued practice you’ll adjust.
#3  December 30, 2022, 04:45:22 am
finally somebody answered, thank u
is ok to start with mugen ? I don't have another fighting game to test, only mugen
#4  December 31, 2022, 01:50:04 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Since the Arcade Stick is a kind of USB joystick, then technically should be recognized by MUGEN. Old versions need a driver to recognize a joystick in your PC, but newer versions shouldn't have that problem. Also in Options you can change the buttons, once I used a Xbox 360 joystick and I could play MUGEN in my PC with that ;P

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#5  December 31, 2022, 03:46:00 pm
the arcade stick is working , today I leaned how to do hadouken (sometimes I fail), however I can't do shoryuken yet
how the hell you can play with 360 controller ?! I have this controller, is awful (that's why I bought the arcade stick)
#6  January 23, 2023, 04:32:43 pm
should I download street fighter third strike emulation to test the arcade stick? Because I still having problems with get used to it, I still can do hadouken every time with mugen chars
#7  February 04, 2023, 07:23:36 am
    • USA
Be patient and keep practicing. It's a discipline and skill to use it. Yes, it's hard at first. Sometimes it takes hours for people to do. It takes time.

You can play anything really. I recommend a real game like you suggested, and also some MUGEN. Practice on both. Also, keep your wrist calm. Don't force it and have jerky movement. Don't try to move too fast. That's what makes mistakes when first picking up the stick.
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
New #8  February 11, 2023, 04:07:56 pm
Be patient and keep practicing. It's a discipline and skill to use it. Yes, it's hard at first. Sometimes it takes hours for people to do. It takes time.

You can play anything really. I recommend a real game like you suggested, and also some MUGEN. Practice on both. Also, keep your wrist calm. Don't force it and have jerky movement. Don't try to move too fast. That's what makes mistakes when first picking up the stick.

hello extravagant, I'm a fan of yours, I remember ash, iroha and mina (the other one...I'm not sure about)...I mean, I like carol, but u should use cvs2 sprites (which I already saw here, somewhere...)
also, I remember u having casual matches with cvs2(naomi, not mugen) with arcade stick...
man is so complicated to get used arcade stick, is it ok with continue with "mugen" play and not "emulation" ones ? to be sincere I prefer mugen cvs2 char
thank u extravagant

do u have a decent video tutorial ?
thanks
Last Edit: February 11, 2023, 05:35:23 pm by kamui 2.0