YesNoOk

Will s̶t̶r̶i̶p̶ sprite for money (Read 346174 times)

Started by │ㄷ ▌, July 24, 2014, 04:29:17 am
Re: Will s̶t̶r̶i̶p̶ sprite for money
#341  July 12, 2017, 04:22:35 pm
  • Working on MUGEN characters, 24/7.
    • Australia
I recall Ghost Killer working on Oni, maybe you could join forces together.

Oni is actually a project I've been commissioning animations for from Chamat for a few months now. I've also been doing spritework here and there for the character alongside that. Not just him but Sagat as well, I often switch focus from one to the other.

Progress has been pretty slow so not that much has been made since Chamat did all those incomplete animations, lol. I've just been slowly chipping away the spriteset.
[BRUTAL BRAWL]
#342  July 13, 2017, 06:30:00 pm
Well thanks everyone but:

No plans to finish it, yes I did those in one week long ago but mehh I don't know why I kept focusing on chars from CAPCOM/SNK or any company.

Specially this part

I should do my own ideas.

Thing is I uploaded a series which people in dA liked. I created that last year and just uploaded it recently because I thought noone would like it.

It contains Ryona and some muscled girls, I aim to add more body types to challenge myself and to embrace diversity why not, so if muscled girls aren't your thing there are also regular and slim bodies too:

<< CLICK

<< CLICK

I don't aim to add explicit content atm, most likely just Ryona by now.

Now talking about the sprite style I aimed for something easy to do, with basically just 2 tones per color, a paradise for a color separator and paletters I believe, I hope. With a scale that's bigger than the standard to have a good ammount of details but not so big which would consume a lot of time. The images are traced from some 3D custom models I did by my own.

My OC HorseKick, which I don't have to explain from who I got "inspired", yeah inspired:

My OC Z'Colosa, The Muscled Colossus:

And Mae Oc from szzickra who commissioned me to sprite her:

I will use Mae Slim body type to create a new OC, I have some ideas. The next body type if you wonder is a Bimbo, requested via PM on dA.

Forgot to mention that the palettes I did easily allow nudity I just defined the nipples but as I said nothing explicit. Ohh yeah and some facial bruises that would appear via palette too.

Ohh yeah and thanks to this series I got noticed by some artists I follow, so I'm really really happy for that and now more people visit my dA too.

Going back to this:

I should do my own ideas.

I was focusing the last months in creating a book to learn Kanjis, the progress was good and steady until I published the series above and got a lot of commissions, not a bad thing I mean these are always good. But if you commissioned me you should know in what I invest my time, I have some personal projects too.

But this whole thing may change the things what I want to do as a spriter. I'm just tired of doing things from Capcom/Snk. I still could do things themed like that, like your OCs or things that you convince me to do, but not full chars. I mean I don't even play Mugen and barely emulate arcade games nowadays.

:)

#343  July 13, 2017, 07:09:02 pm
Here are some useful sheets:
Development Sheet:

Not that useful if it's in jpeg. Or is it just to be looked at? :P

Also, that stance should be remade from scratch, shifting place left and right/up and down is bad. I know you didn't make it, but it's the first thing I thought when I saw it for the first time (some years ago) and I wanted to say it.
Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 07:13:32 pm by AlexSin
#344  July 13, 2017, 10:29:58 pm
I did it on purpose to know if anyone was paying attention.

Just kidding, stupid deviantart turned them into .jpgs:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

That stance needs some revamping, it's true, but not that extreme like being remade from scratch. It can be used as a base, I would retrace it to make it look smoother and hand-drawn.

#345  July 14, 2017, 12:36:55 am
  • Karate ni senshi nashi
    • Brazil
    • www.youtube.com/user/karate867
Are you working in a full Oni's spritesheet???
#346  April 30, 2018, 08:02:36 pm
Feels good to have a great amount of time to do sprites again. This one is based on Balmsold's Yamcha with Balmsold's fixes as well. Scaled 140%, pretty easy and fast to do:

#347  May 01, 2018, 04:05:51 am
  • The Yatagarasu will be coming in any moment.
Wow! Total talent! Love that sprite style you've done. Great job, Chamat.
Titiln said:
focus more and stop thinking about things like the internet or titties

Whatever happened to sex, drugs, and Rock. Nowadays, it's whores, AIDS, and Hip-Hop.
#348  May 02, 2018, 04:24:08 pm
  • Mumbling voice actor reploid
    • Canada
    • electricvoiceboxmedia.com
Feels good to have a great amount of time to do sprites again. This one is based on Balmsold's Yamcha with Balmsold's fixes as well. Scaled 140%, pretty easy and fast to do:

Whoa, dude! Beautiful work! I definitely gotta commission you again in the future!
#349  May 02, 2018, 07:37:14 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
That scaled up Yamcha came out great!

looking forward to seeing you posting around here more.
#350  October 08, 2021, 02:43:28 am
It's been a while.

Just stopping by to say to the folks that asked me if I'm open that I will be receiving some few commissions. I have some free time and my interest in spriting has returned.

Prices on my sig, all of them are the same except for Complex and HR styles.

#351  October 08, 2021, 03:34:28 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Oh cool. Funds won't arrive until next month though. I'm hoping you're still available by then.

Also would you like to be paid in Cryptocurrency? I can't use Paypal as of the moment.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#352  October 08, 2021, 04:22:48 am
Crypto? Unluckily no. Just USD.

PayPal, Payoneer or Patreon. I don't have any Patreon projects, but just to let you know I have it.

#353  October 08, 2021, 04:38:22 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
I have Patreon. Will test it out next month once funds arrive.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#354  November 02, 2021, 08:55:02 pm
    • USA
are your commissions still open?
#355  November 03, 2021, 06:30:55 pm
yes, though they will be closed soon when a major commission goes through.

I will try to open them again once that the big commission is done since I see the positive reaction from you guys.

#356  November 03, 2021, 07:06:24 pm
    • USA
ok just checking i dm'd you about one we but i hadnt heard back so i didnt wanna keep flooding your inbox