Alice Nakata
#1  April 18, 2021, 04:25:43 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
    • infiniteff.forumotion.com/
Re: Alice Nakata
#2  April 18, 2021, 04:29:23 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
WAIT ! Are you freaking kidding!
You already completed Alice my friend! Wow!

I'm really impressed! Again!
I really wish I'm as good and effective as you!

Thanks for sharing!

EDIT : Tested.
Overall I like the character. (I'm not very familliar with KOFXIV's Alice BTW)

What can be improved: (mostly visual)
-punch throw acts a bit strange (p2 sprites)
-I would try giving a secong frame to hop back animation, she seems a bit "frozen"
-Tiger Crack (the visual effect seems frozen as well, it needs 2 animation frames I think - to make it disapear)
-Yes and noticed the same thing (see next post) about kick from dodging

Also considering this version is not meant to be acurate to KofXIV, I would gladly see her using few new special moves.
Particularly because she already have many super moves! (And good ones!)
Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 05:59:23 pm by Nedflandeurse
#3  April 18, 2021, 04:43:19 pm
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
#4  April 19, 2021, 05:44:45 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
-The swing sounds on her close standing LP and standing MK plays after it hits the opponent.
-Shadow Dunk should have a strong ground shockwave when the opponent hits the ground if it connects.
-The sliding dust plays a second too late if Shadow Dunk misses and comes to a complete halt instead of sliding a little bit.
-The opponent's get hit animation on Issetsu Seoi Nage Fukanzen looks off as the opponent is standing on air.
-The counter message doesn't appear when the opponent is hit by Wolf Combination while attacking.
-The opponent can accidentally stop blocking on the last hit of Full Set Alice.
-There are a few aesthetics bugs on Fatal Combination:
1. The 2nd, 3rd and 4th hits have no envshake when it hits.
2. The 2nd hit has multiple hitsparks playing even though it registered only two hits at the time.
3. The 3rd hit should have the strong punch hit sound and the 4th hit have that  one as the final hit sound doesn't feel loud enough.
4. The 4th hit has no strong HK swing sound when she swings her leg.
5. She has sliding dust instead of a landing effect when she touches the ground after a successful connect.

That should be it.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#5  April 19, 2021, 08:04:53 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
-I would try giving a secong frame to hop back animation, she seems a bit "frozen"
added
-Tiger Crack (the visual effect seems frozen as well, it needs 2 animation frames I think - to make it disapear)
Ok, I tweaked it

though i noticed that some of the voices are really quiet
Ok, I increased her voice sound volume
the kick follow up to Dodge changes to close MK when the opponent is close.
fixed

-The swing sounds on her close standing LP and standing MK plays after it hits the opponent.
tweaked
-Shadow Dunk should have a strong ground shockwave when the opponent hits the ground if it connects.
added
-The sliding dust plays a second too late if Shadow Dunk misses and comes to a complete halt instead of sliding a little bit.
fixed
-The opponent's get hit animation on Issetsu Seoi Nage Fukanzen looks off as the opponent is standing on air.
fixed
-The counter message doesn't appear when the opponent is hit by Wolf Combination while attacking.
fixed
-The opponent can accidentally stop blocking on the last hit of Full Set Alice.
fixed
-There are a few aesthetics bugs on Fatal Combination:
1. The 2nd, 3rd and 4th hits have no envshake when it hits.
2. The 2nd hit has multiple hitsparks playing even though it registered only two hits at the time.
3. The 3rd hit should have the strong punch hit sound and the 4th hit have that  one as the final hit sound doesn't feel loud enough.
4. The 4th hit has no strong HK swing sound when she swings her leg.
5. She has sliding dust instead of a landing effect when she touches the ground after a successful connect.
I think you meant Full Set Alice, but I fixed and added.

Thanks Ned, DauntlessMonk, and SolidZone for the feedback.
#6  April 19, 2021, 09:06:21 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

Tested in the default Non-Chain Combo Mode:

1. Crouch HP doesn't knock P2 upwards if they're in mid-air like the other moves.
2. Wolf Combination Two (Upper)'s Tornado sound is rather delayed, playing a good bit after it comes out. Same for the EX version where it's simply cut-off by the Wave sound.
3. Diving Tackle's voice is still rather quiet.
3a. Full Set Alice has a rather weak final hit. The hitsound could be louder and the hitpause could be better. The positioning of the kick could also be adjusted.
3b. The second hit of the first attack also uses multiple hitsparks. 8014 doesn't seem to be added to it in the respective Hitdef.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#7  April 20, 2021, 05:03:06 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

Let's have a blast! :3
Impressive work once again bro.
#8  April 20, 2021, 07:21:01 am
    • USA
2nd feedback:
-The super jump dust and landing effect where she jumps and touches the ground during intro 1 is slightly misaligned.
-Sprite (190,1) has a pixel on the bottom right corner.
-The swing sound on her standing MK still plays after it hits the opponent.
-The counter message still doesn't appear when the opponent is hit while attacking by any version of Wolf Combination.
-The sliding dust on the Charge of Southtown Variation has a slight bit of delay and comes to a complete half.
-EX Southtown Variation should stop flashing yellow when she returns back to her standing animation after a successful hit as it stops in the middle of it.

I think you meant Full Set Alice, but I fixed and added.
My bad, I did meant that move. Although, Fatal Combination doesn't have a counter message when it hits the opponent while they are attacking. It seems like it's the projectile itself not registering the counter message once it connects.
#9  April 26, 2021, 12:04:00 am
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
1. Crouch HP doesn't knock P2 upwards if they're in mid-air like the other moves.
fixed
2. Wolf Combination Two (Upper)'s Tornado sound is rather delayed, playing a good bit after it comes out. Same for the EX version where it's simply cut-off by the Wave sound.
tweaked
3. Diving Tackle's voice is still rather quiet.
tweaked
3a. Full Set Alice has a rather weak final hit. The hitsound could be louder and the hitpause could be better. The positioning of the kick could also be adjusted.
tweaked
3b. The second hit of the first attack also uses multiple hitsparks. 8014 doesn't seem to be added to it in the respective Hitdef.
fixed

-The super jump dust and landing effect where she jumps and touches the ground during intro 1 is slightly misaligned.
tweaked
-Sprite (190,1) has a pixel on the bottom right corner.
fixed
-The swing sound on her standing MK still plays after it hits the opponent.
fixed
-The counter message still doesn't appear when the opponent is hit while attacking by any version of Wolf Combination.
I was seeing it when I tested, I would have to see some more though.
-The sliding dust on the Charge of Southtown Variation has a slight bit of delay and comes to a complete half.
fixed
-EX Southtown Variation should stop flashing yellow when she returns back to her standing animation after a successful hit as it stops in the middle of it.
tweaked
My bad, I did meant that move. Although, Fatal Combination doesn't have a counter message when it hits the opponent while they are attacking. It seems like it's the projectile itself not registering the counter message once it connects.
it's cool man, I might have to tweak this a little more couldn't recreate all the time probably because most of her projectiles have a short life but I don't know right now.

Thanks SolidZone and RagingRowen for the feedback, Thanks GUI for the awesome video.
#10  April 26, 2021, 01:04:47 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
#11  April 26, 2021, 01:50:29 am
Just tested Alice and I have some feedback.

The pusback on the jumping HK feels a bit too much sometimes its hard to link from it, it may be my shit exectution though.
When you pop her excel and spam crouching mk it does a good chunk of damage.
I was about to go on how on the last hit  of her DF DF level 3 lacks oomph but its hard to replice on 2d and  you also dont have the sprites I presume.
It also lacks oomph in xiv as well, thats how its supposed to be I guess.

I would maybe scale her down  just a tad bit, according to SNK shes 5.2 lol

While you did a very good job on her BnBs with no chains, something keeps throwing me off however I cant put my finger on it, I' wil try to elaborate on this later when I play a bit more with her.

Good job on Alice, she very fun.

#12  April 26, 2021, 03:30:10 am
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
Thanks GUI for the awesome video.

Hey, no prob Infinite. ;)

Also, i send you something about Alice on your PM.
Thanks GUI, for this.
Added updated sprites by Gatorison

The pusback on the jumping HK feels a bit too much sometimes its hard to link from it, it may be my shit exectution though.
Tweaked it a little, her best jump in is her air HP, though her air HK is her best air to air option.
When you pop her excel and spam crouching mk it does a good chunk of damage.
fixed
I was about to go on how on the last hit  of her DF DF level 3 lacks oomph but its hard to replice on 2d and  you also dont have the sprites I presume.
It also lacks oomph in xiv as well, thats how its supposed to be I guess.
tweaked a little more. it looks much more impactful on characters with falling forward gethits but I know in mugen that is more rare than a normal thing.
I would maybe scale her down  just a tad bit, according to SNK shes 5.2 lol
lol, Damn I did not know she was that small but I scaled her down a bit.

Thanks Pexxer for the feedback, Thanks GUI for showing me the updated sprites.

#13  April 26, 2021, 06:24:19 am
    • USA
3rd and hopefully last feedback:
-For some reason, the Standing Far Medium Kick now has two swing sounds instead of just one. It also causes two to play on the Garnet Spin. I took a look at the code and it seems like the sounds are conflicting each other. animelem=5 is playing on all triggers and not only anim 242. I tried removing it, but the kick on anim 240 will not have one. Does the standing close and far medium kicks sharing the same statedef have anything to do with the swing sound confliction?
-I missed this but all versions Special Wolf Combination has a frame with just her arms once she touches the ground, causing this to happen for a quick second:

And for the last hits of Special Wolf Combination after she touched the ground, I think it would sound better if the heavy kick hit sounds are replaced with heavy punch ones as it feels like a Rising Tackle.

No other issues to report.

I was seeing it when I tested, I would have to see some more though.
I used Training as an easy way to find out if it's working or not. He has a countdown before he attacks and it doesn't seem like it appeared when he is hit while doing it. It's not a major issue since it's probably fine on other characters, but something I should let you know.

it's cool man, I might have to tweak this a little more couldn't recreate all the time probably because most of her projectiles have a short life but I don't know right now.
I believe on the previous response regarding Training is why I think it's not working. But if you can't, don't worry about it. It's probably just on him having the issue.
#14  April 26, 2021, 06:34:21 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Alice Nakata Updated 4/27/2021
#15  April 27, 2021, 07:24:03 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
-For some reason, the Standing Far Medium Kick now has two swing sounds instead of just one. It also causes two to play on the Garnet Spin. I took a look at the code and it seems like the sounds are conflicting each other. animelem=5 is playing on all triggers and not only anim 242. I tried removing it, but the kick on anim 240 will not have one. Does the standing close and far medium kicks sharing the same statedef have anything to do with the swing sound confliction?
fixed I never ran into this before but it was the trigger placement.
-I missed this but all versions Special Wolf Combination has a frame with just her arms once she touches the ground, causing this to happen for a quick second:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
fixed
And for the last hits of Special Wolf Combination after she touched the ground, I think it would sound better if the heavy kick hit sounds are replaced with heavy punch ones as it feels like a Rising Tackle.[/quote]good idea, changed also tweaked the clsn

I used Training as an easy way to find out if it's working or not. He has a countdown before he attacks and it doesn't seem like it appeared when he is hit while doing it. It's not a major issue since it's probably fine on other characters, but something I should let you know.

I believe on the previous response regarding Training is why I think it's not working. But if you can't, don't worry about it. It's probably just on him having the issue.
That's who I normally test it on but it was showing up, just not consistently. but I redid the counter for her projectiles counters so it would be more consistent.

Thanks again SolidZone

Alice Updated 04/27/2021, Also Dormammu has been updated recently.