YesNoOk

Knuckles8864's WiPs - Captaining the Command(o) (Yagami Update) (Read 621636 times)

Started by Knuckles8864, February 14, 2017, 03:34:40 am
Share this topic:

Poll

After Yamazaki, what's next?

Update Iori Yagami?
6 (7.6%)
Update Dhalsim?
2 (2.5%)
Raiden or Maki Update?
9 (11.4%)
Captain Commando?
38 (48.1%)
5th Option?!
24 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Voting closed: August 31, 2019, 03:34:00 pm

Re: Knuckles8864's WiPs - Captaining the Command(o) (Yagami Update)
#821  April 08, 2021, 04:00:24 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Wheeew, this is definitely a great thing to see, glad to hear you're still working on Yamazaki. I love the extra flavor and flair added to a lot of his existing moves: How Level 1 Pit Viper crumples the opponent, which opens up for some pure nastiness, the '98 Guillotine, the new Fuck You Kick at the end of Phase 1 MAX Drill, I'm loving every bit of this.

The only bits of feedback I have so far is that the finishing Drill at the end of MAX Drill's secret move does the same amount of hits as Level 1 Drill, and you can't connect Bombshell Bada-Bing after EX Serpent Slash or Level 1 Pit Viper, even though you can do so with both Drill variants.
#822  April 08, 2021, 04:02:42 am
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
I did point that out at the glitch, as I'm trying to make many characters face the opposite way (head facing Yamazaki's feet). Example Yamazaki himself and Demitri. I'll try to make a list of who lays down facing the opposite while others face laying belly side and I'll fix it from there.

But thank you for the solution to it. I'll put it in.

Alright, sounds good.
By the way, I was wondering:
do you have any plans to add Yamazaki's OTG stomp attack from RB2?
(It was also one of his EX mode's specials in 98UM, as well)
#823  April 08, 2021, 07:21:31 am
  • Was it something I said?
Wheeew, this is definitely a great thing to see, glad to hear you're still working on Yamazaki. I love the extra flavor and flair added to a lot of his existing moves: How Level 1 Pit Viper crumples the opponent, which opens up for some pure nastiness, the '98 Guillotine, the new Fuck You Kick at the end of Phase 1 MAX Drill, I'm loving every bit of this.

The only bits of feedback I have so far is that the finishing Drill at the end of MAX Drill's secret move does the same amount of hits as Level 1 Drill, and you can't connect Bombshell Bada-Bing after EX Serpent Slash or Level 1 Pit Viper, even though you can do so with both Drill variants.

Yeah, quite a bit added here and there, and trying out new things and seeing which sticks.

First is intentional, as seen here at 12:36. First Level of that at 11:17 for reference.

Second, I'll add in. I remembered someone mentioned they wanted to see Drill connect after Bombshell Bada-Bing, so I'm glad to hear that's a keeper.

By the way, I was wondering:
do you have any plans to add Yamazaki's OTG stomp attack from RB2?
(It was also one of his EX mode's specials in 98UM, as well)

Hmm... maybe. I'll think about it.
#824  April 08, 2021, 07:30:21 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

1. EX Serpent Slash is kinda dry when the Swipe sounds are overlapped by the grab sound on the 2nd slash.
2. The Hitspark and Sound that usually appears during the Bombshell Badda-Bing isn't present during MAX Pit Viper.
3. The (MAX) Guillotine end kick could be more impactful, suggestions would include a more pronounced hitpause and/or the FF/KOF Smash sound that's used by the likes of PotS Geese.
4. One thing that would spice up Freak-Out Fist would be having the sparks appear at random sections of P2's body. An extra voice for the last part with the bite n' throw would also help.
5. I may suggest toning down the P2 power gains for Supers like the Level 4 Drills.

If I can get some sort of AI done for him, I'll send it over. No promises, but I'll try.

Glad to see you're still kickin' after the troubles you mentioned, though. Hopefully you come out with more good stuff.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#825  April 08, 2021, 07:32:32 pm
Great to see you back Knucks.
Hopefully you are doing better and everything is good.

Will test the latest beta and will provide feedback if I have any.

#826  April 10, 2021, 07:52:50 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Got a few more things to mention feedback-wise. Nothing game-breaking, just suggestions and stuff:

- When using the Level 1 '98 Guillotine variant, the kick will count as two hits instead of one.
- Sadomazo uses the punch impact sound instead of a slashing one, even though it uses the same effect as Drill.
- I think the first two headbutts in EX Bombshell Bada-Bing should lose the explosion effect. It'll make the last hit look more impactful and also thematically works with Phase 3 of Level 1 Drill.
- There should be a blood effect when Yamazaki lands Pit Viper.
- Level 1 Pit Viper is admittedly too good when compared to the MAX counterpart. I know you said you were gonna rework it, but I think the Level 1 should stay where it is while MAX Pit Viper is the one with the poison debuff from XIV.
#827  April 29, 2021, 01:15:20 am
  • Did I hear something about a scooby snack?
    • USA
    • squidlypoli1.neocities.org
I noticed that Yamazaki's Eviscerator (at least in the current beta) is not an overhead like it is in CvS or any of his other appearances. I'm not super familiar with Yamazaki and this may be more minor if anything, but if you made it an overhead it could probably improve upon what options he currently has for opening up the opponent.
#828  March 12, 2022, 12:10:09 pm
  • Was it something I said?
Hello all! Hope you've been doing well!

Oh god, it has been too long, hasn't it? Well, for those that have been wondering where I've been, I've been on a roller coaster. I've taken a bit of long break due to lack to motivation, and personal issues, but I'm hoping I can get myself back into here.

Soo.... to make up for it, Here's the basically just about done version of Yamazaki.

Some things I need to make change are:
-Color Separating in certain parts, especially in Freak-Out Fist
-Fully charged Serpent Slash
-Still not 100% on EX Spray Sand.
-Others I may have forgotten.

Let me know what you all think, and have a pleasant day!
#829  March 12, 2022, 02:18:44 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

So glad you and him (Yama) are still fine. I don't have much to complain about except I noticed that his MAX Level MAX Drill still uses the Level 1 Finisher's Hits.

I still need to make that promised AI doe.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#830  March 12, 2022, 03:02:49 pm
are you still working on captain commando?
#831  March 12, 2022, 08:17:17 pm
  • Did I hear something about a scooby snack?
    • USA
    • squidlypoli1.neocities.org
Oh god, it has been too long, hasn't it? Well, for those that have been wondering where I've been, I've been on a roller coaster. I've taken a bit of long break due to lack to motivation, and personal issues, but I'm hoping I can get myself back into here.

I know the feeling. I've had a lot happen as well and my motivation was scrambled at one point, but eventually it just started coming back to me... even though I don't know what exactly I could be giving it to.

That being said, I still think Yama could benefit from having Eviscerator as an overhead, given how the move looks (and even functions). Freak Out Fist also looks weird to me but I don't really have an idea how to not make it look weird, and maybe EX Spray Sand could be some kind of juggle starting tool instead of how it is right now. I don't really have much to talk about outside of that, and I hope things will be alright for you.