YesNoOk

King of Fighters All-Stars (Mobile) (Read 933133 times)

Started by lui, October 21, 2019, 11:25:49 am
Share this topic:
Re: King of Fighters All-Stars (Mobile)
#481  June 06, 2020, 04:29:22 am
    • Argentina
I hope that after the ruby event ends one of the coins will come out :/ , so many characters and cards to improve and I always run out of coins xD
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

lui

#482  June 06, 2020, 05:48:26 pm
    • USA

so, this is my acc rn (days # is outdated, i have played since day 1, and have logged in every single day with no breaks, this screenshot was taken from a few days ago)

Every fes, except nameless, every seasonal and every collab character with their respective cards.

I have poured so much time and effort into this game and have optimized my setups like crazy. I have spent so much time grinding in PvP and grinding every event that comes up.

With the awakening update, I am ready to quit this game. The new "additions" are awful and so is the merged banner. It honestly ruins most of the game for me.

It's obvious what their objectives are:

- Make sure everyone on the same square on the board, which sounds good in concept, but is awful when you realize you're losing out on more by awakening FES units than gold or silver units.
- Give "incentive" through 3% to "motivate" gambling even harder. When you realize how much rubies you're gonna spend getting dupes that you wouldn't have spent otherwise really is a scary thought.

- Introduce more expensive packages as a temporary "fix" and use the power gap between 5-star awakenings and your characters through PvP/PvAI to twist your arms into paying. They seriously are pushing you to spend real money more than ever right now.

- Rake in profits from it then make it easier to awaken characters to "fix" the problem.

With no pity, everything is left up to RNG. I once saw someone save up since DECEMBER, never pulled or anything needlessly. Spent over 60k for a character they wanted. All 60k, went down the drain. All of it. Beforehand 27k rubes was the guarantee to get the character you want. Now, you either get alot of FES you never wanted, or spend hundreds of dollars worth of rubies to get nothing. I saw another person spend 80k and get nothing. It's honestly ridiculous how bad the RNG is considering the previous system worked just fine.

You know whats worse? Beforehand, pulling on a banner was on a "if i want to, I will" basis. every person never had to pull on a banner if they didn't want to, that's what made this game's gacha mechanics pretty good. I spent so much time making smart pulls to get virtually every character in a timely manner. I have spent so much time grinding every event and getting all the characters i use normally to level 90 with max cores.

And all of that, went to waste. Why? Because new awakening-based content makes level 90 characters look like chumps if they aren't awakened to even level 1. It's an absolute pain to get FES dupes, because you HAVE to pull on the banner now. It's a requirement if you wanna stick with your super expensive FES. It's easier to awaken gold and silver characters, which is nice! don't get me wrong!

But why would you even stick with FES characters anymore outside of the really finnicky live pvp modes? They're extremely expensive to get dupes for and Awakened teams are showing up more and more in PvAI modes. It's honestly baffling how weak they are compared to a simple level 1 awakened character. Awakened Level 5 gold characters whack the fuck out of unawakened characters. To awaken FES, i now have to use rubies i otherwise would have saved. And it's not a guarantee said rubes will get me dupes at all.

The imprint stones makes things even more whack, and they're even more powerful than even FES sets.

10 percent damage boost? 7 percent defense? What the fuck man, those are insane numbers. And they're putting them behind ridiculously harsh rng to even upgrade them unless you either grind for months or, surprise surprise, pay up.

It's calculated you will need maybe 100k to fully awaken a FES by grinding PvP modes weekly. What the fuck is that man. that's actual bullshit.

The final nail in the coffin is seeing NM still sell characters in packages over 100 dollars that are super, super powerful. Most people thought Mrs Big's pack was gonna be a one time thing and most were either okay with that or just ignored it. However, now Pretty Kim has been datamined, and surprise surprise, the way you're gonna get her is the same as Mrs. Big beforehand.. It's honestly baffling how bad this is, especially when her kit is insanely OP from what has been datamined.

I no longer have the need to keep going, or to even pull for whatever FES comes out.

All of this artificial grind gating benefits nobody in the long run. Not whales, not budget spenders, or F2P players.

Why should I? 2 years and everything we did means nothing, even with spending.  If they introduce a rainbow memory that's easily obtainable later, then what was the point in even buying the packages they provide now? To go faster when all you think you ran was just amounted to one step someone else done in a single day later?

If that happens, what point is there to just sprint forward if I'll end up getting punted back again? What's the point. In the end, it matters naught.

- Championships? I'm never going there due to how bad the balancing is now.
- Top 50 in Infinity Arena? Forget it.
- League? If I lose, I lose. I don't care.

If you're stressed about the game or even contemplating leaving, I honestly can't blame you. Most veterans in all servers right now are honestly getting annoyed with how badly NM is treating the game.
Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 05:52:11 pm by lui
#483  June 06, 2020, 07:03:23 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Yup, I love this game. Here's hoping Netmarble doesn't get too crazy with this game...
But I gotta say, been playing Marvel Future Fight by Netmarble for years now.
They are getting worse with premiums and power creeps with each update there.
But it could be the Marvel part acting, so hopefully it won't apply here.
To be wary, the game is managed by Netmarble, so they may try some stupid stuff later down the line but at the moment, they are very generous.

lui

#484  June 06, 2020, 07:43:21 pm
    • USA
damn it, Xhominid tried to warn us all :(
#485  June 09, 2020, 01:55:57 pm
New coupon codes live for Global.

ENERGYSURGE   - 500 AP
TREATYOSELF - ITEM SUMMON TICKET x10 (thanks Squirtle)
STRIKEITRICH - 1,000,000 GOLD
50ELITECAPSULES - 50 ELITE XP CAPSULES
PLUSUPYOURLIFE - 3 PLUS CAPSULES x10 SELECTION BOX
IVEGOTSOUL - 1 ELEMENT SOUL x20 SELECTION BOX
500RUBIESFORTHEWIN - 500 RUBIES
RUBYREFUND2020 - 500 RUBIES
OMEGARUBIES - 500 RUBIES
BABYOMEGARUBIES - 300 RUBIES
WEARETHECHAMPIONS - 500 RUBIES

iOS link: http://couponview netmarble.com/coupon/kofg/1181
Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 05:10:59 am by Kirishima
#486  June 09, 2020, 05:17:54 pm
    • USA
Here's the final part of my mini story mode WWE event playthrough. I was meaning to get this uploaded yesterday, but I was feeling a bit under the weather, not to mention, I slept for 18 hours.

TREATYOSELF - SUMMON TICKET x10

To clarify, this is for ITEM SUMMONS, not Character/Card Summons.

*New Site* (W.I.P)
(Willing to host creations, just hit me up!)
https://cozysquirtlemugen.weebly.com/
#487  June 09, 2020, 05:31:26 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
thanks for the website, now i can get stuff
#488  June 10, 2020, 04:39:03 am
    • Argentina
I got Ash and Nameless :) and some Christmas and New Year characters that I didn't have before xD, I wish I had the same luck with the cards :/
and the characters that I could overcome level 90 so far are kyo 96, rugal 94, heidern (Halloween), original zero, mukai and orochi
Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 04:43:32 am by k6666orochi
#489  June 10, 2020, 05:10:38 am
Kid Kim is now live in Global.  She is added to the unit pool like normal but now there is a new Event Panel in the shop where you can buy her directly for $80.  No, the package doesn't come with rubies unlike Ms. Big's package.

Also a brief note.  Yesterday's livestream had the producer mention K9999 and that it might be possible for Netmarble to one day include him in someway to the game. Tho, wouldn't hold my breath.

https://m.twitch.tv/videos/645293850 (38:10)
#490  June 10, 2020, 04:30:01 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
I got nameless on my free fighter summon

woo-hoo!!!
#491  June 11, 2020, 04:51:32 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
Not Chae Lim
#492  June 11, 2020, 05:42:04 pm
Why does she say Hishou kyaku when doing the Hien zan
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#493  June 13, 2020, 08:14:53 pm
  • L.E.O.N here o/
    • Brazil
Honestly I don't like the loli style they are going with, at least Kim could come like Fem. Billy and Fem. Yashiro.
#494  June 14, 2020, 08:56:16 am
why are the loli version all look the same? is it the same character just cosplaying?
#495  June 16, 2020, 05:39:01 pm
New Super Mission for a free AS Seasonal is now live along with a free SP Card on the 7th Day.  This is good if you need an Awakening for an existing Unit.

Another update is planned for later that will adjust the difficulty in the Rite of Passage mode because even top Units in Awakening will still struggle against low tier Gold nonsense and increase rewards in the Hell Dungeon.

No word yet if a new FES will arrive this week tho.
#496  June 16, 2020, 06:37:38 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
i've managed to get all the wonderland characters, first i got mad hatter iori, then I got white rabbit yuri, and then i got vanessa the queen of hearts, and now i have athena dressing up as alice
#497  June 16, 2020, 07:50:47 pm
and increase rewards in the Hell Dungeon.
I thought the Hell Dungeon was hard, but in a challenging way. It forces you to develop a team for each color and you can't just dump everything in one or two favorite characters, and with each tier, you get enough capsules to more or less keep up your full teams at a decent level. At most, you wait for the next day and level up one unit that's been lagging.
Except I'm on tier 11 right now, and it doesn't give me rank 1 capsules anymore, just rank 2, but I don't have anyone at rank 2 awakening yet (I do have a few characters at lv9 so I'm almost there), so it'll only become slower and slower for me to level up a unit that's lagging until everyone is awakened at rank 2.

Also the annoying part of all of that is that maintaining 3 units per color is the absolute limit of what you can do with what you get. You want to awaken a brand new unit and boost them up to your top level ? Put your progression on pause for a few days to pile up capsules, and don't complete your current tier so you don't have to level up someone else to keep up. I've been holding off on awakening units like Genjuro or Haohmaru because of that, as I need to make sure my current red and purple teams can keep up.

Rite of passage is shit though. "searching for opponents of your level" *gives you a full team of lv11 enemies when your best is lv9 and everyone else is 8 or 7* right. I assume it just looks at what tier you're at in Hell dungeon. And as usual the amount of coin you get is so low you have to wait a whole month to finally get some imprint stones.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 07:55:17 pm by Byakko
#498  June 16, 2020, 09:36:24 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
Yeah, this awakening system has way too many problems and hoping this World Drop Event atleast eases some of that... but it doesn't seem all that likely of it either.

If they simply tone down the requirements, it wouldn't even be this bad.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......

lui

#499  June 16, 2020, 10:03:06 pm
    • USA
To be wary, the game is managed by Netmarble, so they may try some stupid stuff later down the line but at the moment, they are very generous.

you said it yourself man, crazy how well this prediction aged

#500  June 16, 2020, 10:25:25 pm
Yeah, this awakening system has way too many problems and hoping this World Drop Event atleast eases some of that... but it doesn't seem all that likely of it either.
Nope it didn't.  The Imprint Stone bundle is a 50/50 between getting a Plus or a dud, and even then you get a 20% of getting the stone you want for your Unit and don't get me started on the letter farming now that they have taken away letter bundles.  Hammers for leveling them up are a long grind if you haven't been keeping up tho I am hoping the update improves the chances of getting them.

You are better off paying $8 of getting a Plus stone, hammers to maximum its level, and Gold for said maximizing and that's only for one unit, ugh.

But hey 700 rubies weekly via daily missions is nice I guess.