YesNoOk

Custom BGM for characters?? (Read 2870 times)

Started by Saikoro, March 28, 2012, 08:57:42 pm
Share this topic:
Custom BGM for characters??
#1  March 28, 2012, 08:57:42 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
I remember trying to include custom BGM's for characters in the select.def file in WinMugen. I couldn't get it to work properly then, so this leads to asking if it's a possibility in 1.0?? This would be fantastic for random boss battle IMO.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
Re: Custom BGM for characters??
#2  March 29, 2012, 12:27:37 am
  • For the Murder!
the long version of character set in select.def is:

CharName\CharName.def, stages/stage.def, order=1, music=music.mp3 ,includestage=0

the red part is the custom music for that character regardless of the stage music, your music file must be placed in sound folder

at least that is what I remember... try it and see if it works
Lord Noble Eye of Dezeroff; High Commander of the Reconnaissance Division, Airborne Corps; Fifth Seat in the Murder's Council; and Duke of Corvus
#3  March 29, 2012, 01:13:18 am
CharName\CharName.def, stages/stage.def, music=sound/music.mp3 ,includestage=0, order=1
Would be a bit more clearer. The blue stuff is optional ,but this is the order everything should appear in the select.def in 1.0 as well as winmugen or it wont recognize it.
#4  March 29, 2012, 02:44:03 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Awesome!! I appreciate the heads up. I'll test this out and indicate a "solved" on my next post. Thanks guys.  :sugoi:

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
#5  March 30, 2012, 03:41:56 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm

Ok, forgive me for jumping in on this Sai but I have a somewhat related question.

Let's say I want to add a song to the character's sound file so it plays whenever the character is used.

Can I have code change the behavior of the song in the following situations?

- Song will not play if the character is player 1 or the stage already has a song.
- Song will go into desperation mode when either player is on low health percentage or "danger"
- Song will change to a different song on the last standing round.

Can it be done?
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#6  March 30, 2012, 04:25:10 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
For you man, no problem at all. Good question!!

#7  March 30, 2012, 08:29:54 pm
  • For the Murder!
- Song will not play if the character is player 1
that can be done triggering the song with "palno != 1"

or the stage already has a song.
only mugen 1.0 has a stage recognition system

- Song will go into desperation mode when either player is on low health percentage or "danger"
use life based triggers like "life <= X" or "life <= lifemax / X"

- Song will change to a different song on the last standing round.

use round based triggers like "RoundNo = 3"
Lord Noble Eye of Dezeroff; High Commander of the Reconnaissance Division, Airborne Corps; Fifth Seat in the Murder's Council; and Duke of Corvus
#8  February 26, 2020, 01:22:04 am
    • USA
- Song will not play if the character is player 1
that can be done triggering the song with "palno != 1"

or the stage already has a song.
only mugen 1.0 has a stage recognition system

Let's Address these...

Whilst the other 2 things would work perfectly, the first one here would not work,

PalNo != 1 means not the first pallet, meaning if they were to pick ANY other pallet, it would execute the code.

the option that would work the best "Trigger# = Teamside = 2"

furthermore, you could even check to see if it's a second player or an AI by adding to that trigger (in this example trigger1) and getting...

"Trigger1 = Teamside = 2" (starts if Second Player)
"Trigger1 = AILevel != 0" (stops if not ai)

now let's address the stage music problem

technically there IS a way to recognize stages, using StageVar, while it would take forever, one could take all the stages in their build and list those as stages it wouldnt work on, but the easier option is to just have it so it would stop the music entirely.