YesNoOk

ADX Frontend??? (Read 2989 times)

Started by Jesse~, October 21, 2007, 10:36:56 am
Share this topic:
ADX Frontend???
New #1  October 21, 2007, 10:36:56 am
  • ADX Encoder Frontend Developer
Hi all,

It's been such a long time since I last posted on here and that was back when we started fooling around with ADX files.  Well, a lot has changed since I last was here, but I can say that my old project, for those of you that remember, ADX Encoder Frontend will be updated.

I can't say or promise a release date, but know that I am currently working on it now.  I will be recruiting beta testers for the new software, using a much better engine than the last one, but here's what to expect in terms of features and user-friendliness:

What's to be added in this new version:

Saved Loop Points (specific to each ADX file)
Better File Handling (Can specify what file you want via selector with different file names)
Better Support via Help Page

What's to be taken out:

Flashy GUI (More simplistic until the final version comes out)
Old Help file via text file

Future Additions:

MP3 to WAV converter built-in usage (Registered Users Only)
Friendlier GUI
Ported to Java for Cross-platform usage (Dependant on Clickteam™)

Note to people wanting to beta test though.  The beta software is not quite ready yet and when it is, you will be given each a User ID that you must enter in to actually use the beta software.  You won't be able to do anything without becoming a registered beta tester with a User ID that can be entered into the software.  3 failed attempts and the software will lock you out permanently, unless you get a new User ID from me and the unlocking software.

Now, about the MP3 to WAV Converter, that will be once the software is more finalized and stable.  That will be only for Registered Users that buy the software for a small fee.  There will be two versions:

ADX Encoder Frontend Free

ADX Encoder Frontend Standard

If the program seems popular and gets really into it, I might add more features and make a Pro with built-in wave editor, but I can't say for sure if it will have that or not.

The beta is not ready to be tested yet, but you can register to become a beta tester now.  You will be given a User ID by me with emails relating to it's release every so often until the beta is ready.  I will have 5 slots open for beta testers, so send me a quick email to mmf2dever [AT] gmail [DOT] com with the subject being Applying for Beta.  You should get a reply within a day or two from me with an application.

When you get the application, fill it out and send it back to me and I'll review it and let you know if you meet the qualifications required to beta test the software.

Anyway, I hope to be updating this thread with more information as it becomes available.

Jesse~

[EDIT]

One last thing before I forget.  The new version timeline as been changed.  My old version 1.0 is now v0.1 and v1.1 is now v0.2.  This new version was going to be v1.2, but it's been changed to v0.3b.  Thanks all!
ADX Encoder Frontend - Making ADX encoding easier!
Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 09:58:29 am by Just No Point