YesNoOk

Does anyone know how OHMSBY makes his/her sprites for super smash bros ultimate? (Read 37886 times)

Started by KingOfGumbies, February 27, 2022, 03:12:32 am
Share this topic:
Does anyone know how OHMSBY makes his/her sprites for super smash bros ultimate?
#1  February 27, 2022, 03:12:32 am
    • USA
I was scrolling through M.U.G.E.N fighters guild and I happen to notice that OHMSBY made a wip video for Pyra from super smash bros ultimate. I was shocked when I watched the video and I happened to notice that she had all of her effects. Once upon a time myself, I was attempting to make a M.U.G.E.N version for Sephiroth and I had no luck finding out how to rip his effects. I used CrossModGui to rip his base animations however I had no avail in trying to find out how to rip his effects however I am wondering as to how OHMSBY managed to rip the effects for Pyra? How does he/she even rip sprites from Super Smash Bros Ultimate in general. Someone please answer. THIS DOES NOT MEAN I'M QUITING ON THE GGXR2 RAVEN PROJECT, I'm just curios as to how OHMSBY ripped the effects for Pyra. Heck, I might even make a edit for OHMSBY's Pyra where for her special it's the actual final smash attack. I just want to know how OHMSBY rips sprites for SSBU.
Re: Does anyone know how OHMSBY makes his/her sprites for super smash bros ultimate?
#2  February 27, 2022, 07:02:31 am
    • Philippines
I don't remember the details much, but OHMSBY uses Blender.
Re: Does anyone know how OHMSBY makes his/her sprites for super smash bros ultimate?
#3  February 27, 2022, 09:12:01 am
  • Get yer gear up!
    • Spain
And with no rendering at all, as that could cause problems when making the palettes.
#4  February 28, 2022, 01:25:20 am
    • USA
#5  March 04, 2022, 04:38:38 am
  • Doesn't know how to do things but does them anyway
    • USA
From OHMSBY himself, back when he first released Meta Knight:
Basically, we took his model from smash ultimate into blender, made his textures into more solid colors and applied a shader to the model that makes him look the way he does now. After we got the model set up, we applied an animation file from smash ultimate and have Blender render that animation into an image sequence, this is repeated for each of his animations and custom animations are made when needed.

There's much more to the process than what I've explained here, but I think this the best way to sum it up.
I dunno what to put here for a signature.