YesNoOk

Goku Z2 by Balthazar & Cybaster (AI patch by 亞) (Read 140508 times)

Started by Cybaster, April 25, 2011, 04:35:13 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Goku Z2 by Balthazar & Cybaster
#41  April 25, 2011, 10:42:19 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
You sprited that too? because you got him really accurate to his Anime appearence [img alt=:)]http://www.mugenguild.com/forumx/Smileys/mfg/smiley.gif[/img]
Yah i sprited that over a shot of the anime ^^ He came out awesome, it was fun to do him hi-res.
Untill he became fullscreen :P

GOH

#42  April 25, 2011, 10:46:44 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
Back with some feed-back! D:

- GODDAMN BALTHAZAR THAT KAIOKEN ANIMATION IS DOPE XD

- Hurricane Kick chains from basics, but doesn't seem to register the hits, only registers when the last hit is HK or HP. Same for Dragon Fist

- While in aerial combo, HP doesn't bounce the opponent like HK. Intentional?

- This is probably intentional too, but the MAX version of Chou Kamehameha resets the opponents hitstun after a while.

OK. TIME FOR SOME MORE CHOMBOS. CYA! XD
#43  April 25, 2011, 11:12:57 pm
  • Vae Victus!
    • USA
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/lord-kains-small-portraits-140580.0.html
Been waiting for this release, downloading soon... thanks guys for working hard on this!
"Given the choice; whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the Fates for another throw a better throw against one's destiny... what was a king to do?

GLB

#44  April 25, 2011, 11:19:20 pm
    • network.mugenguild.com/glb/
Great job on this. I've been anxiously watching over that WIP thread waiting for him, thanks for the release guys!
#45  April 25, 2011, 11:19:42 pm
  • oh! kah! mi...
Thank you balthazar. Thank you cybaster.  :)
#46  April 25, 2011, 11:32:18 pm
Oh wow i like it !dude
nice job ! :sugoi:
#47  April 25, 2011, 11:41:51 pm
    • USA
FUCK YEAH! Im so downloading this! Shit looks cash!!! :sugoi:
#48  April 26, 2011, 12:02:38 am
  • Swan dive into the world
Every time I try to change his character portraits (the small one that's usually 9000, 0 and the Vs Screen one thats 9000, 1) I get an error when I select him and the stage is about to load.. mugen crashes on me.. i think I might be doing it wrong because Dope seems to have successfully changed Goku's small portrait as is portrayed in the following picture

#49  April 26, 2011, 12:13:14 am
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
^ In Fighter Factory change the Image number of the default small portrait to something other than 0. Then go to the alternate small portrait and change it's Image number to 0 and also uncheck the box that says Shared Palette. Hit the Save SFF icon. Done.
#50  April 26, 2011, 12:17:29 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
[quote author=Bruiser link=topic=128310.msg1323792#msg1323792 date=1303764404
- Hurricane Kick chains from basics, but doesn't seem to register the hits, only registers when the last hit is HK or HP. Same for Dragon Fist
- While in aerial combo, HP doesn't bounce the opponent like HK. Intentional?
- This is probably intentional too, but the MAX version of Chou Kamehameha resets the opponents hitstun after a while.
[/quote]
- Will check.
- Yes, HP deals more damage, so you may want to use it to finish a combo instead of using HK, if the opponent already bounced.
- I don't understand (might just be my comprehension :S).

@ Trice : yeah, you're doing it wrong somehow.
For small portraits, if you're using the alt. one in the SFF, open the SFF with Fighter Factory and just rename 9000,0 as 9000,1362 and the other one as 9000,0.
For big portraits, insert one at the end of the SFF, not shared palette, and name it 9000,1. Find the original one, and rename it 9000,1459.
Save, and it should be good.

EDIT : beaten by Dope. :P

Thanks guys for the comments. :)
#51  April 26, 2011, 12:33:31 am
    • USA
Oh cool, now my last video (Which Im uploading btw) is outdated because he doesn't have his LV3/whatever move... What the hell im supposed to do with my combo video now? should I cancel the upload or will the combos be valid yet? >_>.

Well, I'll get the full version now, I bet he still has his 100% damage combos and his very stupid infinite I found in BT Round 3 :P

And yes Balthazar, you can include the Genkidama starter and release in the same combo.
#52  April 26, 2011, 12:40:36 am
  • Fuck Windows 8!!!! I use adult OSes to work!!!
    • Mexico
Wow!!!! THis wag as great as I spected... I even replaced my old gokuHR with this one... I like it a LOT!...

I was wondering... maybe with the alredy done sprites you have, you can code (whenever possible) a teleport move... nothing too cheap since it can get some recovery time and ctrl time... more or less like strider hiryu... by the other hand, he nedds an antiaerial move (not badly needed, but useful).

Overall: OUTSTANDING!

BTW... I don't see the need of replacing the sprites again, he looks great as he is right now... if too many people complain about the size, they can always edit the cns to scale him... in mugen 1.0 that doesn't affect sprite resolution.

Great job guys, just what is spected from Cybaster and Balthazar.

See ya!!! :D
This is the era in which we will see reason triumphing against brutality... May be better to open your mind to the future.
------------------------------------------------------
<- [Clicky - Clicky]
Current Universal War Official Artwork

GOH

#53  April 26, 2011, 12:56:45 am
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
- I don't understand (might just be my comprehension :S).
When I use the basic version of Chou Kamehameha in a combo, it connects fine, but if I use the MAX version (40 hits), the opponent gets out of the hitstun state from the previous combo, and so the Kamehameha doesn't chain.

The opponent might even attack you, while you're charging the MAX Chou Kamehameha.
#54  April 26, 2011, 01:00:04 am
  • Small characters can kick big ass.
    • USA
Played through Arcade Mode 3 times with Goku to pit him against various types of opponents. Here's what else I've found:

Bugs/Errors:
=============================
- When hitting the opponent from behind, Left Snap Kick knocks them toward Goku instead of away from him.

Personal Gripes/Complaints/Comments:
=============================
- I've noticed that Light attacks (all of them) don't stun the opponent long enough to connect with Strong attacks or specials/supers, limiting their usefulness because...

- ... medium attacks (all of them) don't stun the opponent long enough to connect with most specials/supers (like the Dragon Punch or Hurricane Kick). This prevents them from being utilized for "poking" and 2-in-1's that would increase Goku's overall combat potential.

- Light and Medium attacks seem to knock opponent back a bit far, making it fairly difficult to link a proper straight combo (X > Y > Z or A > B > C) without having the opponent in the corner first. And even then, depending on the size of the opponent, it can still be a bit difficult.

And that's about it for now. :) I love the Kaiyoken attack. Have you considered using that DBZ "fierce attack hit" sound for the final hit? It's kinda hard to describe, but it's usually heard in the anime whenever one of the fighters knocks their opponent through the air and it's usually proceeded by a "jet" like sound effect by the person being knocked away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7Rj8RQbV9o&feature=related

The sound I'm referring to is heard at 1:02 in the video above.

Cap

#55  April 26, 2011, 01:06:49 am
  • Get your hands off of me, you damn dirty ape!
    • USA
This was an unexpected release, but amazing none the less.

Good luck in NZ, Cybaster.
#56  April 26, 2011, 01:08:22 am
  • Swan dive into the world
^ In Fighter Factory change the Image number of the default small portrait to something other than 0. Then go to the alternate small portrait and change it's Image number to 0 and also uncheck the box that says Shared Palette. Hit the Save SFF icon. Done.

yep, that worked.. i was doing all that except i never unchecked the box... thanks
#57  April 26, 2011, 01:14:59 am
    • USA
Well, fuck it, here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD4yJm9IsGM

Feel free to put that link in the first post if you wish, so people know how broken your char is.

Also I was supposed to give this stupid feedback via PM but whatever:
As always all tested in Winmugen+.

- The dizzy state for the opponent when hit by a MAX Genkidama is in movetype=I instead of movetype=H, reseting the hitcounter in the process. This most likely also breaks the combo dampener. I guess this is why I can do 100% damage combos as shown on my video.

- I cant use any LV2 super or EX moves as standalone moves if their command use 2 punch buttons when Hope bar is on due to the Genkidama charge command having greater priority. Can only use those moves when cancelled into in such case.

- Can't connect an aerial attack into EX Slash Down Kick against a standing Goku, you get to the ground before the attack can hit him. Also should be atleast a bit more damaging, it's not really worthly to use it when you can do more damage by using aerial Mid Kick -> any Slash Down Kick, it's not like the EX version gives you anything like invulnerable frames or super armor. Also more hits = more dampening which is bad on this char so a damage buff would be nice.

- I got moved back during kamehameha, It was weird cornerpush behaviour. I was hitting an aerial opponent with 2 Ki Blasts, then cancelled into the super and Goke kept moving back during the superpause. Happened me twice (The other time after an aerial combo using Aerial Hurricane Kick).

- semi-infinite combos can be performed on a cornered opponent as shown in the last part of the video. Either give Standing Strong Kick more recovery time or less hitstun.

- Sometimes when you OTG someone after EX Left Snap Kick They actually get on their standing state yet the combo still is valid and the combo counter keeps rising. BTW your OTG system is REALLY weird &gt;_&gt;, it took me a while to figure it out why the enemy sometimes pops up and enables me to continue a combo and sometimes he just lays down, it depends of when you hit him (Best moment is after a bounce, just as they get at the apex of it).

- I just can't get over it, the inconsistence on the afterimages for the supers is just weird, same level of supers have totally different colors on their afterimages and to be honest, if I were you I would just remove them :P.
#58  April 26, 2011, 01:23:18 am
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
When I use the basic version of Chou Kamehameha in a combo, it connects fine, but if I use the MAX version (40 hits), the opponent gets out of the hitstun state from the previous combo, and so the Kamehameha doesn't chain.

The opponent might even attack you, while you're charging the MAX Chou Kamehameha.
That's because the basic chou kamehameha has a Super Pause so during the sequence (which lasts 192 game ticks) Player 2 cant move, then it switches to the launch state of kamehameha. But for the charged version the super pause still lasts that 192 game ticks but the extra holding down charge sequence does not have a super pause meaning Player 2 can move freely and interrupt the charge. This is for balance reasons. If the extra charge sequence had a super pause then that'd mean there'd be no point in doing the basic non charged chou kamehameha because you could easily do the charged version with no consequences.

Hope I wrote all that right.

yep, that worked.. i was doing all that except i never unchecked the box... thanks
To my knowledge (in winmugen anyways, not sure about 1.0), mugen automatically makes small portraits (Group 9000,0) share palettes. If you have Shared Palette checked in FF then it will work fine during fights but on the select screen the portrait will have distorted colors. But if you have it unchecked in FF it'll show up properly on the select screen and also work properly and palettize during fights. Well that's my experience anyways from using winmugen and Fighter Factory Classic. Not sure if that happens to other people but it's always worked like that for me for characters that don't have the the small portrait as the very first sprite in the sff (like this Goku if you decide to use the alternate small portrait).
Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 01:27:07 am by Dope
#59  April 26, 2011, 01:24:32 am
    • Argentina
    • sites.google.com/view/senseiyoda/sensei-yodas-mugen
Thanks for this great release!  :)

NoZ

#60  April 26, 2011, 01:41:47 am
  • pain is weakness leaving the body
    • Puerto Rico
    • phantomgs.forumotion.net/
damn,this goku is too damn sexy for a beta,very good job cybaster and balthazar,you guys should be proud,and damn you guys for teasing us with that broly :twisted: