YesNoOk

General HDBZ Discussion topic (Read 832517 times)

Started by Iced, May 15, 2015, 11:27:53 am
Share this topic:
Re: General HDBZ Discussion topic
#901  April 27, 2017, 12:56:45 am
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
Is Golden Freeza going to get edited to look like he does in the show?
#902  April 27, 2017, 04:56:13 am
  • "Get up, it's too early for you to be defeated!!"
    • New Zealand
    • EthanHoppe053@gmail.com
Hardcore Palette and Color Separation enthusiast
#903  April 27, 2017, 07:15:14 am
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
Is Golden Freeza going to get edited to look like he does in the show?

I'm doing a color separation for Freeza that allows that here if you're interested: mugenguild.com/forum/topics/ethan-the-humans-color-separations-168956.new.html ;)
That is really interesting! I just figured since Golden Freeza was the end boss of the Champ edition that having a separate sprite for him would be really fitting.
Maybe in other installments they could add some new moves to him.
Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 07:18:53 am by Alpha Proto
#904  May 02, 2017, 10:11:44 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html

New Patreon page banner, what do you think?
#905  May 02, 2017, 10:18:22 pm
Inb4 everyone says it's awesome to say it's awesome. Also SSJ Rose Black Foku with the scythe is cool.
#906  May 02, 2017, 10:21:40 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
#TrunksNao

Also Pilaf-sama is kawaii desu uguu~
#907  May 02, 2017, 10:42:57 pm
  • Fate's Persona
  • Words hurt more than blades.
Trunks and the 16 and 17 duo is good.The funny thing would be if a secret character's portrait is shown here.Nothing is impossible with you!!
~ A swift blade makes monsters tame. ~
#908  May 05, 2017, 01:25:45 am
    • Canada

Max is spreading the word!
Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 01:26:44 am by Iced
#909  May 05, 2017, 11:13:55 am
  • Nothing ever ends
    • Portugal
    • www.justnopoint.com/loona

Generally looking good, but a handful of things come to mind:

* Trunks is mixing his classic "future" design with the red scarf from GT? Maybe I missed something from the more recent iterations of the show, but I don't recall him using that particular look while also using the sword - no big deal, but it kind of sticks out to me.

* Regular and SSJ Goku appear really close to each other, but regular and Majin Vegeta are quite distant from each other - I wonder if it wouldn't be best to pick a single version of the character and stick with it, or to be more consistent about how alternate versions are placed (like regular closer to the center, while the SSJ ones could be closer to the edges)

* Similarly, since both Cell and a Cell Junior are present, they could be closer to each other

* The issues above are kinda magnified by the fact that Freeza shows up right next to Coola, but you also get golden Freeza on the other side of the banner - yet Coola, who's the movie-only spin-off, has a more central position in the banner than the original antagonist he's based off of

I figure it'd make some sense to main characters closer to the center and avoid duplications, but if you're going to use duplicates, perhaps use some sort of theme for their placement, like assigning one side to a more villainous streak and another to weaker characters, or associate a side more with the series' past and another to more recent events/characters.

On the other hand, stuff I like:

* the Gotenks ghosts popping up all over work well

* Krilin's gaze in 18's direction

All in all, good work, but nobody was commenting, and I figure a little nitpicking can't hurt, assuming all the sprites exist separately and can be reassembled into a different position for an alternate banner.
Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 01:43:05 pm by Loona
#910  May 05, 2017, 11:40:06 am
  • Fate's Persona
  • Words hurt more than blades.
that Future Trunks is from Dragon Ball Super actually
you can roughly say it's Future Future Trunks xD
~ A swift blade makes monsters tame. ~
#911  May 05, 2017, 12:05:46 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。

All in all, good work, but nobody was commenting, and I figure a little nitpicking can't hurt, assuming all the sprites exist separately and can be reassembled into a different position for an alternate banner.

Criticism is always good specially when its well thought out!

Trunks is the super design, trunks has resurfaced, its him in his late twenties instead of being him as a teenager like the original trunks.

Its basically a trunks that survived the buu saga alone, and the red hankerchief seems like a design nod to seventeen, who he killed in that timeline.
#912  May 05, 2017, 01:49:20 pm
  • Nothing ever ends
    • Portugal
    • www.justnopoint.com/loona
Trunks is the super design, trunks has resurfaced, its him in his late twenties instead of being him as a teenager like the original trunks.

https://cloudedanime.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/dragon-ball-super-049-majin-trunks.gif?w=636

Its basically a trunks that survived the buu saga alone, and the red hankerchief seems like a design nod to seventeen, who he killed in that timeline.

So it looks like I might have to check something in DBS other than the Arale episode... roughly how many episodes is this version involved in?...

Speaking of Arale, most joke characters so far have been on the weak side, but good ol' toonforce can swing things the other way... the game currently even has a super victory effect with the Earth cracking in half, right?...
#913  May 05, 2017, 03:03:33 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Trunks is involved in the whole "goku Black" arc,

After the Buu saga, Trunks finds mankind threatened by an uncommon foe, a murderous rampaging Goku.

#914  May 05, 2017, 06:17:50 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
Speaking of Arale, most joke characters so far have been on the weak side, but good ol' toonforce can swing things the other way... the game currently even has a super victory effect with the Earth cracking in half, right?...
I started an Arale, but I am not affiliated with Hyper Dragonball Z, or it's developers.
At the moment I am jumping back and forth between her, and Neko Majin Z.

ZX2

#915  June 10, 2017, 02:43:22 am
  • Bringer of Unseen Tales
  • The Finale Begins With You~

Another good gooking DBZ Fighting game by Bandai Namco, with Arc Systems (Which I'm hyped for :ssj: ), and a surprise shoutout from Maximillian Dood to Hyper DBZ. That's pretty awesome

Also I know I'm really late on giving my comment on this, which looks really awesome, and I'd like to attempt to make an cool game cover. But that Broly I feel like if we ever get Broly in Hyper DBZ, it should just be his base form, and his other forms would be his supers (Mainly because his base form would be Piccolo & Super Buu size in the game, in other words he fits).
Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 03:30:13 am by ZX2
#916  June 10, 2017, 03:20:11 am
  • Here every now and then...
    • USA
    • zboyx8@live.com
surprise shoutout from Maximillian Dood to Hyper DBZ. That's pretty awesome

Not really a surprise seeing as he spent a good chunk of time streaming the game and whatnot within the past month or so. But the publicity is good for HDBZ, you are right about that.

ZX2

#917  June 10, 2017, 07:34:36 am
Oh well maybe "surprise" wasn't a good word, But aside from that.

I really wanna see this in the Z2 Style, in fact I think I'll get started on trying to do that (Even if I'm not at Balthazar's Terms of art skills when it comes to the Z2 Style).
Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 08:00:12 am by ZX2
#918  June 12, 2017, 02:26:29 am
  • L.E.O.N here o/
    • Brazil
Hey guys! My college will have some game competitions just for fun and while we were discussing and listing the games, I took the opportunity to show HDBZ to them, they got really excited and interested about it! And maybe it will be in the competition too!
Well, The least I can do to help, it's to spread the word.  ;D
#919  June 12, 2017, 02:27:18 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
If you record the match make sure to upload some of it! =)

ZX2

#920  June 12, 2017, 05:12:14 am
Sigh well I didn't really expect them to show off the Dragon Ball FighterZ (Yes I purposely put the Z there) so early at E3, so I wasn't able to really finish this -_-'.

I'll also show it off in the Z2 Sprite thread since it was suppose to be the teaser screenshot in the Z2 style (Ya know with the looks of the Z2 Victory portraits).
Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 05:30:11 am by ZX2