YesNoOk

Babidi + Majin Vegeta + Normal Vegeta updated [Release - updated 28-05-15] (Read 361932 times)

Started by Balthazar, May 18, 2015, 11:53:11 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Majin Monday Triple Threat! (Babidi, Majin Vegeta + Normal Vegeta updated!!!)
#21  May 19, 2015, 02:17:09 am
  • commissions open bang my line
    • USA
    • https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/xtayisblackx?country.x=US&locale.x=en_US
Dat new normal vegeta stance!

Good stuff, will report anything i run into that hasn't been stated yet

Edit!

This has happened with both vegeta's, neither of them work properly with their pod intro sequences

both of them drop in from above and then jump after the foot kicks open the pod door.
My stages folder:
https://app.mediafire.com/g5pnpb2im4lqa

Want a screenpack ported to ikemen? DM's open
Want a stage remade with parallax & possible super jump? DM's open
Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 02:23:07 am by Taybear

ROS

Re: Majin Monday Triple Threat! (Babidi, Majin Vegeta + Normal Vegeta updated!!!)
#22  May 19, 2015, 02:22:57 am
- Majin Vegeta's MK/SK Surprise Elbow can be cancelled by pressing MK + SK. He'll go back then stop.
#23  May 19, 2015, 03:45:17 am
    • UK
    • alxp@blueyonder.co.uk
Bit of feedback, not sure if it's intentional. When Babidi teleports, he spends a second or two facing the opposite direction, away from his opponent. Usually teleports in games act like M bison's or Dhalsims, instantly facing the opponent. As it is atm, Babidi often teleports and then fires projectiles away from his opponent cause of this.

Happy to see these released tho.
#24  May 19, 2015, 03:48:43 am
    • USA
    • dc2001@charter.net
I got this piece of information by my friend Jenngra about a glitch with the Royal Edict super. If the super move is triggered, there is a chance that the third hit will not connect, which means the up kick will not follow suit.
There was this other time I was using Freeza Z2 where I actually hit Majin Vegeta during the super while I was trapped in the move already, but I don't know if this was intentional. Also, I somehow escaped the super after one hit, although I'm not entirely sure how I actually did it.

Also, this:

#25  May 19, 2015, 04:32:21 am
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
same issue with the Sabat voice as well.

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#26  May 19, 2015, 04:51:41 am
  • Bad Personal Text? Nah...Bad you!
    • Canada
YES!YES!YES! (also, I thought Babidi was a joke, awesome surprise)
#27  May 19, 2015, 04:56:52 am
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
I forgot to mention theres an few issue with babidi. during the monster claw super the screen turns black and STAYS black not turning back, tested against himself

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#28  May 19, 2015, 07:16:28 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
I'm having problems with the palette template like Omega is (using Fighter Factory), but I still crapped out a few palettes.

Magidi

Tajidi

Skullidi

#29  May 19, 2015, 07:59:15 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA

Evil Buu (Based on Barker's Buutenks)

Custom 1

Custom 2

I'm bad at coming up with creative names for these.  Greatly enjoying the release guys, thanks again.
#30  May 19, 2015, 08:49:34 am
  • 魂-Tamashi!!
    • Skype - Fallenad16
    • 1drv.ms/1xuFckG
Knew there was something fishy about canceling Majin, thank you for this amazing release :)
#31  May 19, 2015, 11:09:34 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Dat new normal vegeta stance!

Good stuff, will report anything i run into that hasn't been stated yet

Edit!

This has happened with both vegeta's, neither of them work properly with their pod intro sequences

both of them drop in from above and then jump after the foot kicks open the pod door.
that happens on all stages or only that one?
Did you delete your old vegeta folder before installing a new one?
#32  May 19, 2015, 11:32:12 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
@Mr. Mustachio: I just watched your video, and I'm not white-knighting or anything, but that weird Electro glitch? That's entirely caused by Electro.

See, that particular Babidi attack uses the Anakaris Curse animations as seen in this thread. While they're "Optional Animation Standards" and aren't totally necessary, the key word there is "Standards." These anim numbers are informally agreed on in the community as reserved for this animation standard. This is further supported by the fact that two other characters trigger these animations (Thomas Hsieh's Anakaris, and DCat's Shredder).

The reason why Electro glitches up is because his creator gave those animations numbers that coincide with the transformation numbers. Babidi is calling up the animations as usual, but those animations in Electro are for something else, which makes him a bit unstable.

When a similar method was used in H"'s Alessi's childification moves, he avoided this problem by making a whitelist in his characters to ensure that they only triggered against certain characters by certain creators. While it's possible to do that here, it either means that the creator has to keep updating the character every time someone adds compatibility, or that the downloader has to add in the compatibility themselves. And that's not fun for anyone.

So long story short, you shouldn't be bashing XGargoyle's coding. Ignoring the fact that he's been here since forever and has been instrumental in various MUGEN coding breakthroughs, the issue in question isn't his fault at all.
#33  May 19, 2015, 11:33:23 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I got this piece of information by my friend Jenngra about a glitch with the Royal Edict super. If the super move is triggered, there is a chance that the third hit will not connect, which means the up kick will not follow suit.
There was this other time I was using Freeza Z2 where I actually hit Majin Vegeta during the super while I was trapped in the move already, but I don't know if this was intentional. Also, I somehow escaped the super after one hit, although I'm not entirely sure how I actually did it.

if you figure it out tell us and we will take a look at it.

Also, this:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7is4oXHtbyg[/youtube]
Thats obviously the other character breaking and not using the optional animations?
That video shows more about that specific character coding than about babidi.
#34  May 19, 2015, 02:43:54 pm
  • It all depends on your skill...
    • USA
    • zman_ninja@yahoo.com
    • Skype - AlexZander
it wont let me download majin
#35  May 19, 2015, 03:27:22 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
Haven't got to try them yet but figured i'd do some palettes

Budokai Tenkaichi 3

Pink Controller

Yellow & Purple
#36  May 19, 2015, 03:34:54 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
it wont let me download majin
That's your punishment.

It works fine for me and everyone else, you may just need to refresh the page (F5).

Also, anyone wanna make an Ivan Ooze palette? That was Omega's idea but he had the palette template issue.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#37  May 19, 2015, 03:46:55 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
    • infiniteff.forumotion.com/
This is Awesome!
#38  May 19, 2015, 06:37:27 pm
  • i am loyal to you unless you disagree with me
    • UK
    • www.dropbox.com/sh/n7tsdpf464qtbk1/AAB7z1LhB6Ee1cE5tyOVEB5ra?dl=0
I found something rather odd about Curse Skull:

thing is, sonic doesn't actually have anims 19030-19038, infact according to the debug messages he isn't even using 19030, but 50320.

after looking in babidi's code i found this:

after removing the code, the move now worked as normal:

I'm guessing you took some code from dcats shredder? i do know his shredder has something like this. He has lots of curse animations in his air file, so if he is fighting a certain character that doesn't have anims 19030-19038, he can still make them use custom curse animations. However babidi doesn't have any of these animations so if he fights a character that is on that list they are sent to a animation that doesn't exist.
something looks a little off...

My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TVeanko
#39  May 19, 2015, 06:42:22 pm
  • commissions open bang my line
    • USA
    • https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/xtayisblackx?country.x=US&locale.x=en_US
that happens on all stages or only that one?
Did you delete your old vegeta folder before installing a new one?
all stages that I have. it happens.
and yes i did
My stages folder:
https://app.mediafire.com/g5pnpb2im4lqa

Want a screenpack ported to ikemen? DM's open
Want a stage remade with parallax & possible super jump? DM's open
#40  May 19, 2015, 07:43:28 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net

That is a weird issue. I see in the screenshot that you are fighting Vanilla vs Vanilla, but one of them is using the SSJ/Majin palettes. Having said that, did you modify the characters in any way? did you skipped the intro? Any extra detail you can provide will certainly help narrowing the issue.

- Majin Vegeta's MK/SK Surprise Elbow can be cancelled by pressing MK + SK. He'll go back then stop.
That is intended and the expected behavior for that move, as you can cancel it. We will add this information to the readme

Bit of feedback, not sure if it's intentional. When Babidi teleports, he spends a second or two facing the opposite direction, away from his opponent. Usually teleports in games act like M bison's or Dhalsims, instantly facing the opponent. As it is atm, Babidi often teleports and then fires projectiles away from his opponent cause of this.
Babidi should automatically turn if not facing the enemy during the teleport. Is this problem happening only when it's controlled by the AI, or does it happen when it's human controlled? does it happen against certain enemies/stages, if so, which ones?

I forgot to mention theres an few issue with babidi. during the monster claw super the screen turns black and STAYS black not turning back, tested against himself
Could you provide more details on the situation before the attack? Is the character AI or human controlled? Does it happen against AI or human players? Once the background turns to black and the attack is finished, are the characters visible on screen or not? Are they able to play normally and hit each other, or are stuck?

I'm guessing you took some code from dcats shredder? i do know his shredder has something like this. He has lots of curse animations in his air file, so if he is fighting a certain character that doesn't have anims 19030-19038, he can still make them use custom curse animations. However babidi doesn't have any of these animations so if he fights a character that is on that list they are sent to a animation that doesn't exist.
That's my mistake, Babidi doesn't have these extra sprites that Anakaris or Shredder have in their SFF, and I just forgot to disable the character checks on the public release.

XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!