YesNoOk

Babidi + Majin Vegeta + Normal Vegeta updated [Release - updated 28-05-15] (Read 354340 times)

Started by Balthazar, May 18, 2015, 11:53:11 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Majin Monday Triple Threat! (Babidi, Majin Vegeta + Normal Vegeta updated!!!)
#41  May 19, 2015, 08:49:48 pm
Here is one palette based on Ivan Ooze from Mighty Morphin Power Rangers The Movie. I thank Alexei for solving the problem and using my colors on the palette template.

Thisone was also done wrong I guess but, it has darker colors. It could be used. The eye and tongue is recolored too and he has darker tones of his actual one above.

Re: Majin Monday Triple Threat! (Babidi, Majin Vegeta + Normal Vegeta updated!!!)
#42  May 19, 2015, 09:03:37 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

@Balthazar: Tagging you because I'd like to play a game with you (and no, it's not hazardous to your health :XD:). If you can guess which characters the pals are based off of (without looking at the links), I'll consider this-ummm-Ivan Ooze pal. ;)

As usual:
First Pal
Second Pal
Third Pal
Fourth Pal
This is a generic forum signature.
#43  May 19, 2015, 09:08:27 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Black Hatter, the names are on the act. files.
Guys, loving the chars, I've already played a lot with M. Vegeta, I freaking love him! Babidi is awesome and N. Vegeta's new sprites look great, there's only one thing I have to point out: is it me or the AI scaling through config doesn't really work?

#44  May 19, 2015, 09:16:03 pm
That's why he said "(without looking at the links)"
#45  May 19, 2015, 09:52:40 pm
  • i am loyal to you unless you disagree with me
    • UK
    • www.dropbox.com/sh/n7tsdpf464qtbk1/AAB7z1LhB6Ee1cE5tyOVEB5ra?dl=0
with Atomic Wave, if you quickly jump and air dash forwards after using it, this happens:

also, in turns mode after winning a round he will regain all of his health, when normally you should only regain some of it. 
something looks a little off...

My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TVeanko
Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 11:53:55 pm by Veanko
#46  May 19, 2015, 10:02:00 pm
Babidi's a really cool surprise. I don't think he'll be winning any serious matches - he gets totally wrecked by Machine Gun Temper - but he's fun to play around with. I wasn't expecting him to be such a complete character when I downloaded him.

Haven't had any bugs that I can tell. The Vegeta / Majin's button mashing prompts only appear when they're not in their Emotion Modes, but that looks like it's intentional.
#47  May 19, 2015, 11:04:45 pm
  • It all depends on your skill...
    • USA
    • zman_ninja@yahoo.com
    • Skype - AlexZander
#48  May 19, 2015, 11:41:17 pm
    • USA
    • dc2001@charter.net
So long story short, you shouldn't be bashing XGargoyle's coding. Ignoring the fact that he's been here since forever and has been instrumental in various MUGEN coding breakthroughs, the issue in question isn't his fault at all.
I probably should have said that this isn't my video btw, it was by some guy named BrawlTheMan on the M.U.G.E.N Database. Also on that issue:

Thats obviously the other character breaking and not using the optional animations?
That video shows more about that specific character coding than about babidi.
Well, I told the guy who made the video and he said that he knew that now, so sorry for the misunderstanding. :)

Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 11:45:08 pm by Mr. Mustachio
#49  May 20, 2015, 12:47:53 am
  • commissions open bang my line
    • USA
    • https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/xtayisblackx?country.x=US&locale.x=en_US
My stages folder:
https://app.mediafire.com/g5pnpb2im4lqa

Want a screenpack ported to ikemen? DM's open
Want a stage remade with parallax & possible super jump? DM's open
#50  May 20, 2015, 12:54:27 am
  • Gamer extraordinaire
    • USA
    • Skype - Shadow0X3
Small things, but in Babidi's customization file, it still says "when Goku kills the opponent" for the super portrait option, Majin Vegeta still has normal Vegeta's config file including Rage Mode as opposed to Sanity Mode, and XGargoyle misspelled challenge in his introduction in the Babidi readme as "chalelnge" :P And the palette template in the first post isn't indexed when I download it, is this intentional or am I breaking things again?

And another note, not sure if it matters here or not, but occasionally when playing Goku v (Normal) Vegeta, the intro sequence doesn't work properly. Goku will still use a random intro as if he isn't detecting Vegeta, but Vegeta will do his sliding intro like he's properly detecting Goku.. Going to redownload Goku and see if the problem persists

EDIT: Redownloaded Goku and the problem persists. Vegeta always does the special intro, while Goku never does. Tested with either character as p1 or p2

If you see a Diverien, it's almost definitely me. So say hi :D
#51  May 20, 2015, 01:00:12 am
    • Canada
 :sweetheart:    Big bang --> EX surprise elbow

Try it everyone, it will greatly improve your life.
#52  May 20, 2015, 01:31:05 am
  • i am loyal to you unless you disagree with me
    • UK
    • www.dropbox.com/sh/n7tsdpf464qtbk1/AAB7z1LhB6Ee1cE5tyOVEB5ra?dl=0
I did babidi's level 3 on goku, this ended up happening:

im not sure what caused it exactly. The projectile did hit, but then goku didn't go into the custom state for some reason. I will try to see if i can reproduce it, if so i will report back to you.

EDIT : Ok, found out what caused it.

if the level 3 projectile gets hit with the projectile reflecting attack that all Z2 characters have, weird stuff can happen. If you hit your opponent during this time they won't go into the custom state.

something looks a little off...

My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TVeanko
Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 01:47:04 am by Veanko
#53  May 20, 2015, 05:39:23 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Could it be an issue with zoom on 1.1 also?
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#54  May 20, 2015, 06:05:41 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Bakuhatsuha's limiter doesn't seem at all warranted. It isn't overwhelmingly powerful in any sense and the idea of throwing a limiter on it seems really out of left field, considering it's incredibly unsafe in most circumstances outside of projectile wars and combos. Any insight as to what balance issues made this seem a good idea?
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 06:11:15 am by Xan
#55  May 20, 2015, 09:13:06 am
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
@Xgargoyle

it was an Ai vs ai fight of both of them. You cannot see the characters at all once one of them does the move. screen just stays black.

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#56  May 20, 2015, 10:44:58 am
  • 魂-Tamashi!!
    • Skype - Fallenad16
    • 1drv.ms/1xuFckG
The pod intro isn't the only one that's not working properly

that red aura appears randomly(each match) for some reason

The aura is sometimes there and sometimes not and sometimes there's smoke

that's all i could find so far will post more if i find them
not sure but could add004 be causing this? i will try it out without add004 tomorrow and see if thats the case
#57  May 20, 2015, 10:49:03 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
The flames and the smoke are just 2 variations. The flames appearing at randomly during the fight is something we've never come across before though.
#58  May 20, 2015, 10:57:00 am
  • 魂-Tamashi!!
    • Skype - Fallenad16
    • 1drv.ms/1xuFckG
ohh so the smoke was part of a intro i just thought it looked weird since the smoke stayed in it's postion even after M.Vegeta changed stances, the bugs only happen during intro's not during a fight sorry for the misunderstanding
#59  May 20, 2015, 10:57:58 am
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
The Aura vs. Smoke is ok, it's either one or the other, triggered randomly. Sounds should play accordingly to aura energy or bacon burning.

The first screenshot (against Gen) is Normal Vegeta playing a Majin-only intro. Did you made any change to the character or palette shuffling or whatever modification?

I'm not familiar with the add004 addon, is this just a screenpack or is some kind of gaming gimmick a la Uno Tag or Mugen Interactive (in other words, it adds extra coding to the characters)?? Why are no lifebars in these screenshots?
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#60  May 20, 2015, 11:08:45 am
  • 魂-Tamashi!!
    • Skype - Fallenad16
    • 1drv.ms/1xuFckG
i didn't modify anything in the char except for the pal (in the screenshot), add004 is a tag addon by Tatsu/Shiyo Kakuge here http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/add004basic-160242.0.html it patches the chars for dizzy states, scoring, cpu level, the lifebars by Tatsu don't appear until a fight has started meaning the pics were taken during intro
and here's what i mean about the smoke
Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 11:19:51 am by Fallen