YesNoOk

Help with editing Mortal Kombat Project (Read 4502 times)

Started by Frostsubzero, March 19, 2023, 01:00:06 am
Share this topic:
Help with editing Mortal Kombat Project
#1  March 19, 2023, 01:00:06 am
    • USA
1. How to make Triborg, Chameleon, Khameleon, and Sheborg uses all ninjas/triborg moves while player is using them similar to the way the ai uses all their moveset as in

2. How to rid of the weird pushback when hitting combos toward your opponent when they are in the corner.
Re: Help with editing Mortal Kombat Project
#2  March 20, 2023, 03:09:35 am
    • Argentina
I don't know what you mean in 1, but for 2 you could use this code in the hitdefs of your character to avoid the corner pushing:

ground.cornerpush.veloff = 0
air.cornerpush.veloff = 0
down.cornerpush.veloff = 0
guard.cornerpush.veloff = 0
airguard.cornerpush.veloff = 0
#3  March 24, 2023, 02:40:13 am
    • USA
For #1 when you play or watch chameleon-type characters, they have the ability to use all their ninjas move without switching.
#4  March 24, 2023, 03:14:06 am
    • Argentina
Oh i get it now, what you can do is code the ai to directly perform the moves without switching, if you know how to code ai maybe you'll know how to do it, but if not i recommend you watch the ai tutorial from Layanor's mind, i think it will do what you want to do.
#5  March 24, 2023, 11:41:23 am
    • Portugal
1. How to make Triborg, Chameleon, Khameleon, and Sheborg uses all ninjas/triborg moves while player is using them similar to the way the ai uses all their moveset as in

2. How to rid of the weird pushback when hitting combos toward your opponent when they are in the corner.

1. These characters use a variable to control what moves they have access to at any given time. You'll have to find the variable number (it should be written somewhere in the MKP documentation, there's a file called "variable usage" or something like that). Then you'll need to go into .cmd file and look for the special move changestates; they should have a trigger which checks the variable (trigger1 = var(x) = whatever). Delete that and it should work. Keep in mind you'll have to create new commands for any moves that have conflicting inputs.

2.  Pushback in MKP is done a little differently than normal mugen. Go to the Statedef of the move you want to remove pushback from and you should see a changestate to state 299 iirc. You'll need to remove that.
#6  March 25, 2023, 12:29:16 am
    • USA
I don't anything that is called "variable usage" nor anything similar.
#7  March 25, 2023, 01:10:03 pm
    • Portugal
I don't anything that is called "variable usage" nor anything similar.

It's not part of the character coding. There should be a folder somewhere in the MKP directory containing a bunch of .txt files explaining how parts of the engine work. One of them lists what variables are used for what.

If you don't have the file (or the variable is not listed there), you'll have to do it by looking at the changestates and seeing what variables they use in their triggers.