YesNoOk

[OHMSBY Thread]: Waddle Dee Updated (02/14/24) (Read 4633919 times)

Started by OHMSBY, August 09, 2020, 05:26:17 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Which Ganondorf would you Prefer?

Ocarina of Time
23 (56.1%)
Tears of the Kingdom
18 (43.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: October 21, 2023, 06:22:52 am

Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Powered Ciel Released (2/26/23)
#1221  February 27, 2023, 02:59:54 pm
  • OHMSBY style viewers
    • Indonesia
Nice! I've been waiting for her releash!
#1222  March 05, 2023, 02:14:03 pm
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Been a while since I posted feedback, but I happen to find another small error on certain characters. It's mostly on the older works, but some may have carried over to some later ones. Back then I mentioned it was mostly for the standing and air normals, but I completely forgot about the crouching ones. I was playing DBFCI in training mode and noticed that they also cause air.fall and the same probably applies to Blazblue and UNIB too. Here are the ones that don't:
Ragna, Goredau, Mai, Wagner, Waldstein, Es, Yu/Shadow Yu, Quote, Akatsuki, Iori, Taiga/Maid Taiga, Bisclavret, Charlotte, Meta Knight, Carmine, Lina, Akame:
-2A

Terumi:
-2A & 2B

At least a majority of them are fine as it was later on you noticed they do. Certain 2As were hard to hit the opponent in the air as their hitbox couldn't reach them as they already touch the ground.

I have been working on a personal edit of character long ago as an experiment with coding. When BBTAG came out, it happened to have a pretty similar control scheme to said personal edit, and the rest is history.

There are plenty of things that I can say about BBTAG that will probably make me sound like I hate the game, but there is definitely a lot of fun to be had with it. However, I'd actually say that Blazblue: Central Fiction is the better fighting game overall.
It's good to see how your style has drastically improved over the years. Interesting to know that personal edit of yours was the main foundation of it and I feel like it works really well.

So I was wondering, do you plan to do another system update to your characters again? With the amount of characters you have, I don't think it's worth doing another one as there's so many you have to go through again. Since Central Fiction is probably going to be the last main Blazblue game as Toshimichi Mori left Arc System Works back in September last year, I can't think of other improvements you could possibly do. I believe EXA is perfect the way it is.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#1223  March 05, 2023, 09:18:18 pm
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/ohmsby-mugen
I was playing DBFCI in training mode and noticed that they also cause air.fall and the same probably applies to Blazblue and UNIB too. Here are the ones that don't:

All fixed.

So I was wondering, do you plan to do another system update to your characters again? With the amount of characters you have, I don't think it's worth doing another one as there's so many you have to go through again. Since Central Fiction is probably going to be the last main Blazblue game as Toshimichi Mori left Arc System Works back in September last year, I can't think of other improvements you could possibly do. I believe EXA is perfect the way it is.

If I do, then it would be for a full game where only a portion of my characters are present and where I wouldn't have to worry about compatibility across the other engines. However, I would like to add AI scaling to all my characters eventually so changing the difficulty in the options menu actually does something.
#1224  March 05, 2023, 09:25:40 pm
    • USA
    • lndnrivers@yahoo.com
I was playing DBFCI in training mode and noticed that they also cause air.fall and the same probably applies to Blazblue and UNIB too. Here are the ones that don't:

All fixed.

If I do, then it would be for a full game where only a portion of my characters are present and where I wouldn't have to worry about compatibility across the other engines. However, I would like to add AI scaling to all my characters eventually so changing the difficulty in the options menu actually does something.

I am so onboard with the AI scaling being a universal thing with your characters.
#1225  March 06, 2023, 12:17:54 am
    • Brazil

Now that the character has been locked in as a future release, I prefer to keep it a surprise. However, It will still be a character from Smash Ultimate, that's the only hint I'll give.
Okay, lets see. If its not Pit, it says "wings", so its not Sephiroth, 'cause he only has one, it could be Falco, Dark Pit, Charizard, Duck Hunt Duo, Ridley or Banjo & Kazooie. I don't know who to hope for, but lets wait.
HA! I knew if I tried a bunch of random names of Smash chars with wings I would get one right!
#1226  March 08, 2023, 11:21:08 pm
    • USA

All fixed.

The AI Scaling will be a good idea cuz I will no longer download too many AI patches for holn cuz there are some AI characters that are complete MONSTERS, Annoying, and kind of boring to get hype with them, like Blitztank's AI is a monster man but if it going with AI Patch, Oh boy that's gonna be scary AF. But the Annoying one is gotta be Waldstein cuz this guy will Spam 2C every time when he's in the AI battle and it frustrates me whenever he does that. The boring will literally be if the characters doing repetitive things like no cancelling moves that they perform just like other author's AI (who are Inspired by You, ily btw :D )  did perform some roman cancels which I was like damn.

I know this thing is long and I'm really sorry for it. But yeah this is what I want to talk about it.
#1227  March 11, 2023, 03:40:44 pm
    • USA
So while I was doing some long overdue feedback for Tornillo Oxidado's Terry, I encountered an error regarding that the Dead Angle Attack could be rapid cancelled. Luckily, only Gordeau and Carmine can do it. I was about to ask if this was intentional, but it's most likely not since it's just those that 2 can do it and probably in order to prevent double tapping so you don't accidentally waste another bar of meter right when it hits the opponent.

If that's the case, then I guess that's pretty much it for the style mechanic wise. But if you have to update everyone again, I happen to encountered a flood of either state 170 or 181: has no 0-th nearest enemy debug errors on the win and survival mode results screen. But when it comes to debug errors, this feels more common on every character I have in my roster and only occurs during the the end of arcade mode or how much your score is in survival mode. Thought I should mention it still.

Edit: Yeah, don't worry about those debug errors. I compared the win and lose states with KFM and the code were identical, so I have no clue what is causing it. As long as the it doesn't affect during gameplay, I'm sure it will be fine. Just close M.U.G.E.N and will all clear out.
Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 10:47:08 am by ZolidSone
#1228  March 13, 2023, 04:55:26 am
    • USA
I encountered an error regarding that the Dead Angle Attack could be rapid cancelled. Luckily, only Gordeau and Carmine can do it. I was about to ask if this was intentional, but it's most likely not since it's just those that 2 can do it and probably in order to prevent double tapping so you don't accidentally waste another bar of meter right when it hits the opponent.

Fixed.

#1229  March 14, 2023, 03:14:29 pm
  • My first Fighting game I played is on the nokia
    • Egypt
#1230  March 17, 2023, 01:48:55 pm
  • OHMSBY style viewers
    • Indonesia
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Yu and Shadow Yu quick update (3/19/23)
#1231  March 20, 2023, 03:44:16 am
    • USA
Just a quick little update for Yu and Shadow Yu that adds Mid117's very well made custom sprite for Powered Ciel's Guillotine:

Yu and Shadow Yu:
-Added special anim for Powered Ciel's Guillotine, courtesy of Mid117.

Hey OHMBSY, I made a Sprite Patch that gives Yu Narukami Glasses,
also comes with new color palettes and a custom Sprite for Powered Ciel Finisher (used shiki as a base)

I noticed that the cut-in portrait had it's colors get messed up after indexing. I was able to make a cleaner version that you can use instead:

It's already indexed, so you should be able to just add it to the sff.

Other than that, this is really cool stuff, especially the custom sprite for Guillotine. Do you have any plans to make custom guillotine sprites for any other characters?

#1232  March 21, 2023, 12:17:28 am
  • My first Fighting game I played is on the nokia
    • Egypt
I noticed that the cut-in portrait had it's colors get messed up after indexing. I was able to make a cleaner version that you can use instead:

It's already indexed, so you should be able to just add it to the sff.
Thanks, I updated the link

Do you have any plans to make custom guillotine sprites for any other characters?
I don't have plans to make all the characters but i do have few in mind.

#1233  March 21, 2023, 12:52:30 am
    • USA
I seem to have found some debug errors on Mai regarding her Gallia Sphyras - Exseal either on the ground or the air. Rapid canceling after falling from first hit of either or during the direction change will cause a debug error:
-in state 705: has no helper 770
-in state 706: has no helper 771/776
-in state 707: has no helper 772
-in state 710: has no helper 780
-in state 725: has no helper 772/777
-in state 726: has no helper 770/775
-in state 727: has no helper 773
-in state 730: has no helper 780

Seems like it triggers if you attempt to rapid cancel once the spear has been thrown and where you are aiming. The numbers on the helpers might not be all of them because it varies on the spear's trajectory. Back then you did told me it was intentional she gets her it back from the rapid cancel. But on the 2nd hit after the Redirect, she will not perform it at all and the error will still occur. The more you attempt to press it, the more the debug errors will flood.

Edit: I got something else on Lambda-11 as well, but just mostly minor ones:
-The air throw doesn't have a jump sound when she leaps after hitting the opponent to the ground.
-The air version of Cultus still has increased cornerpush when blocked.
Last Edit: March 21, 2023, 03:51:06 am by ZolidSone
#1234  March 21, 2023, 04:04:43 am
    • USA
Should all be fixed now.
#1235  March 21, 2023, 04:54:27 am
    • USA
Tested on Mai and look like the debug errors are gone, but there's another small hiccup. On the 2nd hit after the Redirect, she can rapid cancel many times until the opponent returns to their standing animation. Since this is not possible in a legit match, it's just twice. So you can accidentally waste another bar of meter after the first one if you press it too quickly. It's also possible to rapid cancel the Redirect without the first hit of Gallia Sphyras - Exseal or the Redirect itself to connect first.

And I forgot another error regarding her Sylvan Hurricane Assault:
-The strong ground shockwave when the opponent hits the ground from Sylvan Hurricane Assault is layered behind her.
-When it hits your Kokonoe after she reaches Not Over Yet, the NOY sound effect once it successfully connects plays non-stop (I think it probably has something to do with Kokonoe herself rather than Mai since it didn't happen on your other characters).

As for Lambda-11's air throw, I was mostly thinking the jump sound on the Air Grab Land animation should play on the 5th frame rather than the start of the Air Grab Success one.
#1236  March 21, 2023, 05:13:07 am
    • USA
All fixed. That goes for Kokonoe too.
#1237  March 23, 2023, 01:16:58 pm
    • USA
I found a few character specific errors after not playing them for such a long time:

Mika:
-The air version of Mika Twister is air unblockable and still has the increased cornerpush.

Gordeau:
-The hitspark and guard spark on the 5B, the 2nd hit of 2B, jC and the first hit of Precise Aim is misaliged when it hits the opponent in the air.
-For some reason, the opponent when they hit the ground from his 66B and EX Assimilation when they fall to the floor after the 2nd use will cause the normal shockwave to play twice.
-EX Assimilation doesn't regain a small amount of meter when used on the same combo or after the opponent has recovered from the first use.

Samus:
-The air version of Screw Attack is air unblockable and still has the increased cornerpush.

Akatsuki:
-66B will wall bounce the opponent to the opposite direction when they jump over him.

Lambda-11:
-Using jA, jAA then keep jumping to juggle the opponent in the air consecutively can result to an infinite (The opponent doesn't have enough time to recover from jAA).

Homura:
-The air version of Shinobi in Heat is air unblockable unlike Yumi's Shinobi in Bloom.

Don't bother removing the increased cornerpush on the air versions because I think it fits and wouldn't really cause an infinite since it only does a single hit and wouldn't be able to move by the time the opponent touches the ground.

Dead Apostle Noel:
-Noel Somerniege A isn't air unblockable like the B and EX versions.
#1238  March 26, 2023, 12:46:30 am
  • Proud Kirby enthusiast
    • Greece
#1239  March 27, 2023, 05:31:25 am
    • USA
#1240  March 27, 2023, 05:51:51 pm
  • Proud Kirby enthusiast
    • Greece