#21  May 24, 2011, 03:45:19 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Re: ScreenPack
#22  May 24, 2011, 08:12:54 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
Wait so each form will be separate character ? I thought you will go for transformations snce that throw glitch is fixed in Mugen 1.0 It could be cool to have transformable characters done in right way.

On Topic:
Yes fairly simple design but I like it. No complains from me.  BTW I love game logo :P

1.0 doesnt change anything with the throwing bug, thats a non existent problem in a game setup, but I dont want to make them anymore to be honest, they are useless.
#23  May 24, 2011, 09:50:50 pm
Actually makes sense with 3 Goku's and 3 Buu's. Also, that Yamcha looks Awesome. What is your Characters list now btw? Keep it up Neocide.
#24  June 01, 2011, 04:55:16 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
I don't understand your order layout on the select screen. Why not put the 3 Gokus on the same line or column ?
Also, it's Super Buu, not Boo. :P

It's simple indeed, but I like it too. I'd prefer having HR small portraits though, as it kinda clashes with the rest of the select screen to use LR sprites at double scale.
#25  June 08, 2011, 10:56:28 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
Actually makes sense with 3 Goku's and 3 Buu's. Also, that Yamcha looks Awesome. What is your Characters list now btw? Keep it up Neocide.

Its going to be a roster of 16, goku(3), gohan, trunks Vegeta,Piccolo,16 and yamcha for the good guys and radditz,reccome,frieza,18,cell,fat boo and super boo. I removed kid boo because I want him to be redone, if roken happens to be able to do that I'll re add him in, as everyone else is just about done.
I also might add mystic gohan and broly as hidden bosses as well.

I don't understand your order layout on the select screen. Why not put the 3 Gokus on the same line or column ?
Also, it's Super Buu, not Boo. :P

It's simple indeed, but I like it too. I'd prefer having HR small portraits though, as it kinda clashes with the rest of the select screen to use LR sprites at double scale.

I put goku around because I was going for a sort of saga theme, but I didnt have alot of boo saga people so it looks out of place lol. Also I like boo more, since all of them are based on that all disney song "bibidi babadi boo" not "buu" :p

I think I'll do that with the hi res small portraits, I just dont want to use the same portraits for the small ones as the big ones, want them to be distinct but its hard finding images that all have the same style for so many people @_@
I'll think of something.
#26  June 11, 2011, 06:09:04 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
ok so a couple of points for people.

Sffv2 .bmp fonts KICK ASS. png transparency is not at all suitable for character sprites but fuckawesome for stages and screen packs. And mugen 1.1 is weird with positioning in the screenpack.

Still needs a little fiddling, but this displays with full colours, and i lose nothing in the fonts themselves. They ALL look good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCPnqOroa-M
I need to make the pics move quicker, and remove the plain white thingy at the bottom of the border, don't need it.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#27  June 13, 2011, 01:10:06 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Stupid question, as I'm not knowledgeable when it comes to screenpacks, but is this "Sffv2 .bmp fonts" for Mugen 1.0, or Mugen 1.1 only ?
Anyway, this is looking very sexy and crisp. :D
#28  June 13, 2011, 06:15:25 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
They work for 1.0 as well IIRC. But the display capability is more than 16bit in 1.1 so i get no colour loss at all in gradients etc.

Otherwise, SFFv2 bmp fonts are essentially, create SFF file with letters, do transparency the same way as normal, and letters are defined via numbers 0,65 is A for example. 0,66 is B, and so on. Seriously easy to make, edit, and alter if you cock up.

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#29  June 13, 2011, 06:26:08 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Very smooth ability but, do you know when 1.1 will be available for others here at the guild. :sugoi:
#30  June 13, 2011, 01:46:16 pm
  • The Barbarian
  • Most ****able 2013
    • USA
    • Skype - chronostrifeff7h@hotmail.com
No one knows when 1.1 will be released to the public. You'll have to wait til Elecbyte announces a date or 1.1 itself.  :(

Nice looking screen pack Neo, Cyanide. I like what I see.  :)

Goku seems a bit taller than what he would be on watch mode, but it looks great with him and Cell like that. The other guys may need to be move in a few more pixels so they aren't mostly cut off too. As long as their faces are on the screen. I know Neo already knows about that though.
#31  June 18, 2011, 02:46:17 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Title screen is now completed. Moving onto Select as soon as i get all the bits

#32  June 25, 2011, 05:48:19 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Neo is slack right now. So, quite a few place holders here. Namely the small portrait and the hackery i've done on a vegeta sprite for the stage box, as well as the stage displayed IN the box. And i would have liked a full 640x480 sprite for the background rather than the oddly sized one but i've worked around that. No vid this time, just an image

Fonts are still TTF cos they're easy to deal with, even if resizing them is silly. I still have to do the whole single/simul/turns menu.

#33  June 28, 2011, 06:26:50 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Pretty nice set-up. I couldn't help but notice the Vegeta sprite in that pic has black eyebrows, even though he has a yellow hair palette?
Eyebrows and hair is not shared in the palette?
#34  June 28, 2011, 10:42:07 pm
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
That's one of the placeholders. I just pulled a sprite out of a vegeta i had and manually recoloured the hair. No palette stuff involved at all.

Correct sprites will be put in that spot when things are more final. I've had to do more workarounds than i like to make that function right. Most notably is that there is another vegeta portrait off to the left/right by about 100 pixels.

#35  June 28, 2011, 11:24:01 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
yes the portraits are setup really friggin tricky... lol
#36  July 09, 2011, 06:51:26 pm
  • I...I thought violence would be the answer.
    • Canada
i did not see android 17 on the select screen :-\
is he in this game?
#37  July 09, 2011, 11:09:28 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
no one is shown in the select screen besides vegeta....

but no as of now 17 is out, his sheet is outdated, maybe in a update or something.
#38  July 21, 2011, 08:39:34 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Done with default screenpack. Hoping there are no further changes to make here. Also hoping that the next 1.1 comes with a couple of additional options for screenpacks (layerno for GODS SAKE) would be helpful. But calling it a day for now.

Lifebars (new design)
#39  August 07, 2011, 01:29:41 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
well there was some problems with the lifebars, so I decided to do some new ones, Thanks to Hoshi, he sent me some he had started,and I modified them some (added portrait spot,and other minor stuff) here's all three:

single-

Team -

Turns -
#40  August 07, 2011, 01:45:42 am
That looks so Awesome. Your effort and Spriting skills are Great man. İ really can't wait to see what The Results will Become. İ can see Your hard work since You detailed everything for This Game.
Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 01:53:50 am by DJ Track