YesNoOk

Spritesheet Expansion Thread (Read 723623 times)

Started by Graphicus, September 18, 2011, 07:17:56 AM
Share this topic:
Re: Spritesheet Expansion Thread
#821  December 05, 2021, 12:09:35 AM
    • USA
One of Norimaro's cut forms from his hyper move. Did the lower half of the calves and both feet, and gave him a Mega Man hand.
Last Edit: December 05, 2021, 12:22:56 AM by Bebbyte
#822  December 05, 2021, 03:50:57 AM
  • BIGCADDY
  • i review things
    • USA
Nice.
CvS2 Ryu - Custom Sprites Masterpost
#823  January 13, 2022, 12:14:48 AM
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany
Heyo. I really like the concept of this thread, and I wanted to extend the idea of it by making a masterpost with all the custom animations ever made for CvS2 Ryu. I'll ask for you guys to help me out, with three things:

1) Notify if there's any animation that I haven't scouted yet.
2) Notify if there's an updated version of an scouted animation.
3) Notify the artist/artists of animations that I don't know the source from or that I got the source wrong.

This will obviously help me out on my WIP, but will also be useful as a resource for future coders. Once I adapt all the palettes to my .sff, I'll post updated versions with consistent color schemes. Maybe in the future other people can also make masterposts for other characters :) anyway, here we go:

Spoiler: CvS2 Ryu - Custom Sprites (click to see content)
Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 10:55:01 AM by KarmaCharmeleon
#824  January 13, 2022, 12:50:16 AM
  • From the Republic of the Little Bananas
    • Brazil
Silentripper made the Zugaihasatsu animation for Ken, and I edited Ryu's head.
Ah and the one you call Thrust Strike is actually his hp.
#825  January 13, 2022, 09:16:07 PM
  • A.K.A. NED
  • "Videl's Chapter" "2ND PAGE (ENGLISH) on Twitter !
Awesome collection.
I remember most of them.
I always felt frustrated some of these good animations never get used in any project.

I hope you will make a good use of some of them. Particularly the custom recreated moves and SF3 animations by Armentis.
#826  January 13, 2022, 11:44:17 PM
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland

SF4 Stance by DGO

MvC Mech Ryu by DGO

These sprites are not DGO's, Karma.
SF4 stance is probably cvsnb's (the sprite on the right looks like Alex's edit).
I don't know who made those cyber Ryu/Ken sprites, but they look nothing like DGO's stuff.

SF3 Standing Medium Kick was also done by Alex as far as I know.

--------
Also, you may add this animation by Hatter to your collection, although I'm not sure if it is open source:
[edit: I've noticed you already have these sprites :P]

Spoiler: huge gif inside (click to see content)
Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 12:38:19 AM by sabockee
#827  January 14, 2022, 12:39:05 AM
    • Germany

SF4 Stance by DGO

MvC Mech Ryu by DGO

These sprites are not DGO's, Karma.
SF4 stance is probably cvsnb's (the sprite on the right looks like Alex's edit).
I don't know who made those cyber Ryu/Ken sprites, but they look nothing like DGO's stuff.

SF3 Standing Medium Kick was also done by Alex as far as I know.

--------
Also, you may add this animation by Hatter to your collection, although I'm not sure if it is open source [edit: I've noticed you already have these sprites]:

Spoiler: huge gif inside (click to see content)

Heyo sabockee! thanks for the info. Turns out the Mech Ryu sprite comes from a spriter named diegoutetsuma who I thought was DGO but it wasn't! I haven't been able to pinpoint where does the SF4 stance comes from tho. About SF3 Standing Medium Kick, FeLo told me he's 99% sure he made that one.

And regarding Hatter's anim, he shared that one and plenty more with me yesterday :) they're on the bottom of the spoiler.
#828  January 14, 2022, 12:50:42 AM
    • Peru

Hello.

This is interesting:

Looks like a reference to SVC The match of the Millennium.
#829  January 14, 2022, 01:04:48 AM
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland
#830  January 14, 2022, 01:13:59 AM
    • Germany
I'll clarify that with both of 'em :) and I'll add your collection to the post as well.
Thanks sabo :] I think I told you already but your Kage and pretty much any of your sprites are incredible <3

Hello.

This is interesting:

Hey, I didn't knew that! That's a nice callback.
Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 01:17:10 AM by KarmaCharmeleon
#831  January 14, 2022, 09:00:36 AM
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I made a "vertical" fireball animation. I'm pretty sure I uploaded it to this thread. 
I made it for my Ryu years ago. Idk if I had Balthazar put finishing touches on it or not. I'll try to track it down.
vVv Mauru Mauru Released vVv
#832  January 14, 2022, 09:13:59 AM
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
About that doubtful kick, I said to Karma:

But Im doubting
°°°
He also collaborated to the SFG project and I may put those in my sheet by mistake
°°°°
Id have to talk to Alex because in case is hims, I prefer not to create an unnecessary argiement

It was a full day yesterday and I forgot to write AlexSin
I swear there was something cool here!!
#833  January 14, 2022, 12:34:25 PM
    • Germany
I made a "vertical" fireball animation. I'm pretty sure I uploaded it to this thread. 
I made it for my Ryu years ago. Idk if I had Balthazar put finishing touches on it or not. I'll try to track it down.

Heyy odb. I've browsed thru all your posts on this thread and I didn't find that vertical fireball :(
#834  January 14, 2022, 07:57:53 PM
It was a full day yesterday and I forgot to write AlexSin
:behead:

Yes, it was me, I tried to convert those frames from SF3 but the end result isn't the nicest. It would need an update... a remake would be better.

Hello.

This is interesting:

It's not. Or maybe it is, but Chamat used Guy's walk animation (from SFA) and edited it to look like Ryu.
#835  January 14, 2022, 08:08:12 PM
    • Germany
Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 09:10:33 PM by KarmaCharmeleon
#836  January 15, 2022, 12:58:04 PM
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I just went through my Ryu real quick and got some of the edits I've done. I don't believe I edited any sprites to create the Tiger Knee for my Ryu. I just spliced frames in from other moves that matched.

Sakura Fireball images

5946 0

5946 2

5947 0

5052 0

5052 2

So Balthazar did help with one of the frames of animation and I took notes. Which of the 4, who knows. But credit is due. My original edit was ok but I think it's pretty good now.
the 5052 images are a raw edit I did super fast. They could use some smoothing, but in game they look fine to me.
the 594* sprites were made to increase compatibility with Z2 characters.

I'm 99.99% sure these have been posted somewhere else on the forum, but it's good to have them in another spot.
vVv Mauru Mauru Released vVv
#837  January 16, 2022, 07:12:39 AM
  • The Mad Editor
    • Philippines

5052 0

5052 2

So Balthazar did help with one of the frames of animation and I took notes. Which of the 4, who knows. But credit is due. My original edit was ok but I think it's pretty good now.
the 5052 images are a raw edit I did super fast. They could use some smoothing, but in game they look fine to me.

I'm 99.99% sure these have been posted somewhere else on the forum, but it's good to have them in another spot.

I made this 5052 anim from Adamskie's Alpha Ryu. Just in case you may need this.
#838  January 16, 2022, 03:43:06 PM
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
#839  January 16, 2022, 04:04:02 PM
    • Germany
I just went through my Ryu real quick and got some of the edits I've done. I don't believe I edited any sprites to create the Tiger Knee for my Ryu. I just spliced frames in from other moves that matched.

Sakura Fireball images

5946 0

5946 2

5947 0

5052 0

5052 2

I'll have to make a section for Alpha sprites later!

Are the things in this thread generally open source?
Yup :)
SF4 Metsu Hadoken by PotS

I didn't make that one. Unless you count the fact it's a Rare Akuma headswap, hehe.
Fuck, will seek for the actual author then.
#840  February 03, 2022, 07:25:32 PM
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html

These are crazy old, I did them way back when. Someone could probably do a way better job (and might have at this point and I missed it). The SF4 flying kick one especially is not that good, the new frames I made for it at least, but it's just 2 frames and yeah, someone can do way better than what I did.