YesNoOk

Corona virus...where do you live and how have your life changed  (Read 1302346 times)

Started by Cong Fu Man, March 13, 2020, 01:36:56 am
Share this topic:
Re: Corona virus...where do you live and how have your life changed
#161  March 27, 2020, 04:55:04 pm
  • SNK is life
I was in contact with a man from Spain on a Flight. Got really paranoid about some symptoms. It's been 15 days since I was in contact, and today I'm ok.

Like my Wife said, now I need to wait 15 days since the last time I was at the office, which would be on 4/04. After that, I'd say I'm in the clear.
#162  March 27, 2020, 05:52:04 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
Louisiana native here. As y'all probably know we're probably next to New York in terms of how bad it is. That said my Parish seems to be doing the best in regards to the stay-at-home order. Most your gonna see of people is in Walmart or the drive thru at Sonic. Otherwise it's pretty much dead.

Been locked in my apartment for a while but I do occasionally check in on my parents. My dad is fine being stuck at home atm but my mom worries me given she's working at said Walmart and they're not allowing anyone in her department to wear masks or gloves, despite that so far so good though the local hospital has a few cases.
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#163  March 27, 2020, 09:27:47 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
State of emergency has been declared today in Montreal here in Canada. My grandfather (who came in from Lebanon) is basically marooned here with us, other than that, we're doing fine.
This is a generic forum signature.
#164  March 27, 2020, 11:04:23 pm
    • Chile
We will be on lockdown in 30 hours aproximately. No going outside except for essential workers, going for supplies/food, and medical reasons, wich need a special permission from the police. I don't mind that much to be honest, but people gathered massively to stock supplies, even if was assured that the chain of supplies won't be affected at all (idk if that would be true, I don't see any other part of the world with shortage).

RIght now here the cases are rapidly increasing as far as I know.
#165  March 27, 2020, 11:24:55 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
walt disney world's closed until further notice, it was originally gonna be remained closed throughout the rest of march, but now it's closed until further notice meaning until there's an announcement of when this coronavirus goes away
#166  March 27, 2020, 11:49:54 pm
  • Samurai Sprite Ripper
  • Currently ripping Ninja Warriors
    • Japan
    • sites.google.com/view/kanbeiscreations/home
Well on my end I worked Security for Disney and we ended up sending (laying off) more then half of our team. Because of this virus. As for me I am doing fine, just finishing some games I have not finished yet. And I am well stocked on food and paper products.
#167  March 28, 2020, 01:46:03 am
  • all is love in fair and war
In case I forgot to ever mention, I'm from East Java Indonesia, yesterday I found a single loaf of bread on nearby minimarket, I wear gloves more than I wear mask honestly I don't breathe well and feel dizzy with mask on, I just keep distance to people at the cashier, while we can't avoid not to touch thing like atm, money, and trolley, etc. so I wear a bulky grubby motorcycle gloves, also for a reminder not to instinctively touching my own face during shopping.
I heard the state of emergency is prolonged until the end of muslim holiday (one and half month from now?), since my country is predominantly muslim probably the government is very afraid of mass mobilization of people from big cities with more chance of being a carrier or infected with virus to their birthplaces where their elderly parents are living probably small less equipped rural places.

for me easter is obviously canceled.
#168  March 30, 2020, 05:30:07 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
I was order to close my business until further notice here in Ohio, that was about 11 days ago. I'm expecting this to last at least 6 months, probably longer honestly.

Got another job at a grocery store working in a freezer on 3rds. The managers pretty much won't touch anything on the floor because they don't know who has come through and touched items already. As someone trained in cross contamination I can say for sure you should be wiping down all of your canned and boxed goods when you get home and wash your hands afterwards. Not that it will prevent the virus that can stay in the air up to 3 minutes if you walk through it at a grocery store...

I think this is something we'll be recovering from for years. It's wild to think that the goal is to slow it down, with no real end in sight.

Stay safe friends
#169  March 30, 2020, 05:50:41 pm
yeah my business is not so doing well either , but i need to keep my store up for my guys. quarantine in my city will end at 15th of april but honestly idk if that's enough since the infection rate is still going up.

and damn italy is in the 10k... god damn 1/3rd of the death rate.
#170  March 30, 2020, 06:12:17 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
I wouldn't count on that date. I think they will probably keep extending it out or they should anyways until this is actually under control.

lui

#171  March 30, 2020, 08:00:33 pm
    • USA
heya folks, reporting in from california.

shits fucked, everything is closed and everything is basically a ghost town as the rates go up. gf's hospital just had over 35 new cases this past week and the number is rising up a ton every day. 2017 cases here in the bay area and 50 deaths as of today.

meanwhile, i am currently and have been staying in a hotel room for almost a month due to my apartment being renovated, however it has currently been delayed for obvious reasons so i will be stuck here for possibly the majority of 2020. being stuck in a hotel room by myself all day for weeks on end and resorting to eating canned foods mostly because theres no kitchen is soooooooorta making me a lil crazy. just a bit. thankfully i can atleast take a walk once in awhile but generally its way too damn cold here in SF to stay out for more than an hour or two at a time.

#172  March 30, 2020, 09:22:27 pm
  • Verily, The Young Male's Arrival is Proclaimed!
Well, its official. The county entered “stay-at-home” mode today for all nonessentials. Thats gonna make it hard to get/keep a job. Fuggin sick. Cant wait for this to be done.
The Roasted Pheasant voice acting company is open for business. PM me, and I'll be glad to help.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face." -Mike Tyson
#173  March 30, 2020, 10:55:59 pm
  • Future Funk Punk
    • Canada
Ontarian here, just had to take an ROA from work. Cases are rising as I post here, getting pretty scary out in the streets.
#174  March 30, 2020, 11:18:24 pm
  • I am become Death, Destroyer of Tiers
    • UK
The Uk's in a kinda lockdown(only leave the house for essentials) until further notice(which experts are saying may be 6 months or more)

At the time of posting, we have 1,408 deaths.

I got furloughed from work because they didnt have the facilities for me to work from home.

Our Prime Minister, the chief health adviser and at least 1 member of the Royal Family have the coronavirus.

Shit's scary.
#175  March 31, 2020, 12:04:56 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
4000+ infected and nearly 150 deaths in Brazil. And our president thinks the quarantine is unnecessary and wants things to go back to normal...
#176  March 31, 2020, 03:00:24 am
although cases number is still relatively low in my country Indonesia, but the death toll in comparison with recovered patients are rather high, I think we are doing great in socializing what to do like washing hand, wearing mask, are adopted well, but social distancing within family is a against culture, so I'm afraid in coming weeks or months since we are heading toward uncertainty, and many young people who work in big cities are laid off and probably struggling to survive the higher living expenses there without monthly income are forced to return to the rural places they come from carrying home virus with them and spreading into rural less equipped communities, we might get into real trouble soon.

I practice self distancing, I have avoided my mom, and also my aunt as they are all in their 70s not to bring any potential exposure to them especially my aunt since she and her husband are both heavy smoker,  here local people see strangers as very potential suspects but when it comes to family all rules are bypassed easily sit together eat together, chat for hours

2 days ago I shortly visited my mom to deliver birthday present for my sister, as I about to enter there was a package coming from courier and my mom treated the package as if it contained radioactive waste, also the day before as I showed my mom the jacket I custom ordered for my sister through whatsapp, she already said it needs washing, so I have washed a brand new raw selvedge denim jacket with detergent and rinse and soak it in dettol for 1 hour, the next day when I delivered the jacket with only slightly damp cuff and collar on a hanger hoping the damp collar would easily be shaped to look right, my mom immediately sun baked it  in the garden for the rest of the day, but she kept offering me something to eat, and asked me to sit close to help her cutting elastic bands to make masks for her friends and relatives (I got 2 masks just being made as I was sitting there), later on that day my sister came home with her new boyfriend she was helping him in his family store that sell food and grains near traditional market place, a very high risk place, I also learn my brother is travelling between two cities to visit his wife's father, so while they put their mom under house quarantine but I think they missed what risk they bring home to her each day, my mom's husband is also a heavy smoker who refuse to wear mask since he obviously cant smoke with one on.

Just hoping summer comes sooner, usually this kind of respiratory virus goes away in warmer month.
#177  March 31, 2020, 05:42:15 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
The thing that is scary about the corona virus is how infectuous it is.

Just take a look at your country/state daily graph with the number of cases; if they duplicate everyday, you are screwed, if they duplicate everyother day it's still bad, but shows that something is being done. In my country right now it is duplicating every 3-4 days; thankfully we got there before the number of cases got too high, as the graph was very similar to spain/italy, early this month.
#178  March 31, 2020, 11:07:56 pm
  • Five Dynasties of Water
    • Mexico
    • Skype - alchemistofatlas
Teachers in the country, as well as students of all levels were going to be back to our activities fro April 20, but  state of emergency was declared, and we will stay in our homes the endtire month of April.
PotS said:
That they don't just restrict themselves to my style.

Fact.
#179  April 01, 2020, 01:29:14 am
Do Japan and HongKong really stop their new cases, their chart freeze since few days with no new cases new death, etc. or they hold back their latest status?

I can imagine less involved countries have successfully contained the situation, but Japan and HK is in the region do they really perform that well?

oops maybe just so happen when I browse they don't have new cases on that day, still a remarkable slow rate

on the contrary new cases in the US is scary
#180  April 01, 2020, 01:43:18 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
When this eventually blows over we're not gonna learn anything from this experience and go back to being exactly the way we were before. At least here in the US, that is.

It's a fucking shame, really.

"Okay, now back to work on the same barely livable paycheck while I continue to line my pockets with your hard-earned cash. What's all this talk about free healthcare, $15 per hour, debt free students, and taxing the rich anyway?" - the 1% 2021
Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 01:53:43 am by The Sudden Rarity