YesNoOk

Final Fight's El Gado spritesheet (Read 241389 times)

Started by Rabano, December 04, 2022, 11:55:03 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Final Fight's El Gado spritesheet
#81  January 08, 2023, 10:20:26 pm
  • Come On You Know LGx
  • biblical (yea)
    • USA
    • Skype - eddsworldtrash
    • remixsparta.wix.com/mugensdawn
I feel like for the walking anims, something that could help with the still upper body is having the limbs move slightly in a sort of secondary movement. Like, as his leg pushes the body upward or lets it fall down, the arms trail behind a little bit.
Last Edit: January 08, 2023, 10:28:16 pm by Dawn de Era
#82  January 10, 2023, 03:39:52 am
    • Argentina
#83  January 11, 2023, 12:56:59 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
The video is really good. Looks very smooth and fun.

The only thing that I think could be improved eventually is the knife animation when it's thrown. It looks a bit stale, and is that the right angle for it? I wonder how it looks flipped, and/or either if the sword itself spins as it's being thrown, or the speed being too slow. There is just something odd about it. Might just be me, but that's my two cents.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#84  January 27, 2023, 02:56:20 am
    • Argentina
Sorry for the lack of updates, I've been busy with work and other stuff, but I shaded some sprites from time to time, I just want to have something interesting to share.

for example a random sprite for his Midnight Bliss, inspired by Mary/Eliza from Final Fight 2
#85  January 28, 2023, 02:59:42 pm
  • "I'm Bal... I'm Veg...*Sigh* Just call me 'Claw'."
Sorry for the lack of updates, I've been busy with work and other stuff, but I shaded some sprites from time to time, I just want to have something interesting to share.

for example a random sprite for his Midnight Bliss, inspired by Mary/Eliza from Final Fight 2

Nice! Looks Pretty Good!

Take your time! This project is going quite well!  :bjugoi:

((BTW, what program are you using? Fighter Factory?  :???: ))
"Remember kids; Curiosity created MUGEN!"

Check Out Cammy-Delta-Red-Development HERE
#86  January 28, 2023, 03:03:50 pm
    • Argentina

Nice! Looks Pretty Good!

Take your time! This project is going quite well!  :bjugoi:

((BTW, what program are you using? Fighter Factory?  :???: ))

Thanks you ^^

also, for the sprites? Im using Paint Tool Sai 2, its not a program focused in sprites but its the most confortable I have
#87  January 28, 2023, 05:01:41 pm
    • Argentina
which Throw Escape animation looks better?

#88  January 28, 2023, 05:25:14 pm
    • Netherlands
The 2nd one imo
"Such Heroic Nonsense!"

#89  January 28, 2023, 06:32:59 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Same here, I would go for the 2nd, for a throw escape.

About the midnight bliss sprite.
The sprite is good!
Again, the only real problem I see is how the muscle/body definition is made through shading. (does it makes sense?)
Fixing the shading in skin area would make this sprite more "polished"

Also, I noticed you usually draw very big calves to your characters.
This is obvious here. And I noticed it first in your Abel's sprites. (and others)
Usually, capcom gives slightly less thick calves compared to thighs, particularly for female characters. (just like in real life)

I'm glad to see this project is still updated in a great direction.
#90  January 28, 2023, 07:23:31 pm
    • Argentina

The sprite is good!
Again, the only real problem I see is how the muscle/body definition is made through shading. (does it makes sense?)

This is obvious here. And I noticed it first in your Abel's sprites. (and others)
Usually, capcom gives slightly less thick calves compared to thighs, particularly for female characters. (just like in real life)

Oh yeah that's true xd, I need to tone down the Calves for now on, and also I need to practice more the shading, I did that with the Skull Cross gang, using Street Fighter Alpha as a reference.

Also, Felo_Llop fixed the Midnight Bliss sprite and he gave me permission to add it in his spritesheet.

#91  January 28, 2023, 09:45:48 pm
  • A.K.A. NED

The sprite is good!

Oh yeah that's true xd, I need to tone down the Calves for now on, and also I need to practice more the shading, I did that with the Skull Cross gang, using Street Fighter Alpha as a reference.

Also, Felo_Llop fixed the Midnight Bliss sprite and he gave me permission to add it in his spritesheet.

Good team works!
Also, I usually points what can be better, but sure you did incredible progress in a bunch of weeks !
#92  January 29, 2023, 01:35:38 am
    • Argentina

The sprite is good!

Good team works!
Also, I usually points what can be better, but sure you did incredible progress in a bunch of weeks !

Thanks, honestly Im surprised that I manage to make so much progress in all of this time, specially knowing myself, I use to left projects to start others in a matter of weeks.

Besides this, I was making some POTS characters, I only shared Birdie but I had a nearly completed POTS char of Franco Bash. I also tried to make a new POTS version of Dee Jay like I did with Birdie but it was really difficult so I scrap it, and even if I stopped posting stages and Im not planning to share those anymore I still do some for my own personal games.
#93  January 30, 2023, 01:56:37 am
    • Argentina
I finally manage to emulate Final Fight revenge and now Im taking capture of some Moves he has in that game (as best as I can since there's no training mode, I think)

#94  January 30, 2023, 11:12:53 am
  • A.K.A. NED
I finally manage to emulate Final Fight revenge and now Im taking capture of some Moves he has in that game (as best as I can since there's no training mode, I think)

Very good!
Both of them are nicely done!
#95  January 30, 2023, 02:35:04 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
You got to emulate FFR? That's awesome news. Even more autenthic moves into the mix, that's cool.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#96  January 30, 2023, 09:11:46 pm
    • Argentina
You got to emulate FFR? That's awesome news. Even more autenthic moves into the mix, that's cool.

That's exactly what I want!

In fact, now Im trying to replace the old normals that I traced from other characters like Yamazaki to his actual normals from FFR.

Medium Kick:

High Kick:

And a dive "punch", similar to Dhalsim's, Necro's or Menat's
#97  January 31, 2023, 12:28:31 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
Nice ones.
The high kick lacks of "Snap" or elasticity effect IMO. Easy to fix.
#98  January 31, 2023, 09:36:03 pm
    • Argentina
#99  January 31, 2023, 10:12:11 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
#100  February 01, 2023, 03:49:38 pm
    • Argentina
I finished his Standing Normals

Now I'll move on to his Close normals and Jumping normals

but his crouching normals... turns out the "scorpion pose" he has in FFR is actually his crouching animation.
I had crouching animations done, and those are more "normal", but I had the idea to make a different set with his Crouching animation and normals from FFR, so if someone want to make their own char of El Gado they can choose if they want to give him a more vanilla crouch or his Scorpion Crouch from FFR (also you can move forward with that crouch)