YesNoOk

Path of Exile (Free Online RPG - PVP optional) (Read 2677 times)

Started by Samurai081, January 21, 2015, 05:15:28 am
Share this topic:
Path of Exile (Free Online RPG - PVP optional)
#1  January 21, 2015, 05:15:28 am
    • USA
    • Samurai081@gmail.com
Path of Exile is a game my friend turned me on to about a year or so ago. I played through to level 50 then took a break for a few months. Now Im playing again and am to level 60. This game is great and free. Its an online rpg with the option to participate in pvp. They are constantly adding new content and characters. Many ways to customize your character. There are gems that you get that you can socket into your gear, and those gems give you buffs and skills, and you can combine them to make your skills even stronger. The game has so much customability for your character that it is almost too much!! The skill tree is rediculously huge and you can make so many different types of builds that its almost hard to make up your mind. The game does get harder and harder the longer you play, but it is fun. If you like games like diablo or are into rpgs, I would check it out. Here is their website:

https://www.pathofexile.com/

SFO < Street Fighter Online > Player
www.streetfighteronline.com
Re: Path of Exile (Free Online RPG - PVP optional)
#2  January 22, 2015, 02:29:31 am
reminds me of diablo only it's buggy as hell i played it it for a few days and i found summoning spells and comboed it with another and viola i can summon 5020+ of minions ...no joke.
#3  January 22, 2015, 12:59:44 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
It's a nice Diablo clone. At least it's better than Diablo 3.

Although there are features in Diablo 2 that I would want in this game, like hirelings for people who does not want to deal with online multiplayer insanity.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#4  January 22, 2015, 01:03:04 pm
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

#5  January 22, 2015, 01:33:12 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
The game itself is nice but I disliked that there is always that chat window there and you can't turn it off...(or?)
#6  January 22, 2015, 04:29:38 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
You can turn the chat window off.

I like this game a lot but I havent had much time to play.  Was going for a physical damage/life drain based shadow, twas really fun
#7  January 22, 2015, 05:11:36 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Yup I just got into this game when I heard it's like Diablo.
#8  January 26, 2015, 02:40:03 am
  • I've got ballllls of steeellll.
#9  January 26, 2015, 03:16:23 am
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
I'd like to have a discussion to show you how wrong you are, but I have a feeling I won't be seeing another post from you in months.

#10  January 26, 2015, 03:19:46 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
i didnt know you played path of exile at all tempest

do you not like it or do you just think diablo 3 is better (which would agree, im not sure how its any better than a game it is basically emulating)
#11  January 26, 2015, 03:26:26 am
  • Madman
  • Honorary Asshole
Played since the early beta, and its the diablo game that i played during the halcyon days of the D2 Ladder, im still in love with that skill tree

it sucks that i don't have any time, or a stable connection to play it again, but if you want something more "punishing" like D2 Hardcore choose PoE
#12  January 26, 2015, 03:40:51 am
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
Yeah, I did play PoE through once and it's been awhile; a few problems I had with it were, while the skill tree was robust, it felt robust for no reason, like adding 3% to a defensive stat 5-10 times just so you could get to the meaty talents that actually matter. Skills and spells felt mostly lifeless (visually, they were completely unimpressive) and skill gems being able to be used by several classes made the classes feel not as special. It felt like exactly what it is, a free to play game, which I guess isn't inherently a bad thing, but it's just not impressive in any way.

Launch Diablo 3 wasn't that great because of several things, like the real money auction house, Inferno spawning unkillable or just downright unfair packs (jailer arcane in a small corridor? have fun!), and overall was just a really basic experience. Reaper of Souls improved a TON about the game; the auction house was completely done away with so farming gear became important again, they added several tiers of difficulty rather than the previous Hell -> Inferno (which was a huge leap in "difficulty").

They added an adventure mode to make the end game more interesting than just having to replay through the story again. Seasonal character progression (leaderboards with special end of season rewards), Rifts (randomly generated maps that award legendary gear and other fun stuff), Enchanting and Transmogrification. Basically Blizzard made the endgame super interesting and rewarding and it just feels right. It's much like how Lord of Destruction improved Diablo 2 a ton (lots of people actually hated vanilla D2). And visually, the game looks awesome.

I don't really get the hate for Diablo 3, it wasn't a great game at launch, and I'll even accept that it was bad to the certain type of person, but it feels like a completely different game now and pretty much everything people complained about before is gone. The one thing I'll give to PoE over Diablo 3, personally, is probably the PvP experience. I didn't actually touch it in PoE myself, but it seemed like the PvP and League system was the main draw of it, rather than the actual main part of the game itself.

#13  January 26, 2015, 03:46:06 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
I gotta agree that visually the game is really ugly and I cant stare at it for long periods of time

for me the man draw is its tactful use of the f2p model and I actually do like its skill tree system

As far as classes go, I think that the equippable gem skills do blur the lines but really only at high levels
#14  January 26, 2015, 03:57:21 am
  • Madman
  • Honorary Asshole
before i quit because of the said reasons above, my barb/Marauder was raping crowds with his fissure red gems + leap build