YesNoOk

How would you handle KFM thread (Read 42139 times)

Started by Titiln, September 21, 2008, 03:15:01 am
Re: How would you handle [x] thread
#41  October 28, 2008, 03:24:48 am
  • I got a PM.
LOL I said I have a degree in it not that I am a psychologist. Not yet anyway and not anytime soon. I'm surprised that was brought up.

As far as your and you're didn't realize that I was having a test. I basicly write when I have time at work or like now on my phone. It's kind of hard to check after but you have a point. So I will leave that alone.

But nothing to argue? Hmmm and here I thought my views were a bit on the opinionated side leaving me open for all types of attacks.

If you want my non- professional view is that has something to do with content not grammer. This might even have something to do with the country that I often find my self defending. I could be wrong who knows.

Seems that you are not alone in your thinking that I am a thread killer.

No worries I'll just post less you win.

Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 03:28:26 am by shamrock
#42  October 28, 2008, 06:29:30 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Post as much as you like. Just not posts that are too long  ;P

Noone likes a post that's massive. Too hard to read. Normal discussion is best when broken up every 20 lines or so by a sig. Gives your eyes a rest and prevents WALL OF TEXT.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#43  October 30, 2008, 08:44:16 pm
regarding the gouken release thread... i haven't read all of it to determine if your course of action was right (i hope it was), but that ban on tetsuo9999 wasn't done right. you didn't need to ban all those ips and you definitely didn't need to remove his forum read access
#44  October 30, 2008, 08:54:04 pm
  • I got a PM.
I didn't know I did the read access I did not mean to do that.

I believe the course was right. That thread turned into a shit storm of flame that had been going on for days.

Sorry about the read status but hey, he shouldn't have tried to re-start that shit right after I just got done going through each and every line of that shit storm trying to find all the parts that were feedback and get rid of all the parts that were just a bunch of people trying to look cool by bashing.

My post was a rather good warning about it and he did it anyway.

So once again sorry about read status but the ban was well deserved.
#45  November 11, 2008, 12:50:59 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
#46  November 11, 2008, 12:52:10 am
  • SNK is life
He did lose it a bit. I think you did well with that last post.
#47  November 11, 2008, 12:57:01 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
laquack was pming me all mad at me splitting the flaming instead of deleting it.made me wonder if i was acting right, rajaa just seemed to handle it so well that i found it overkill to ban someone over it.
#48  November 11, 2008, 01:06:35 am
  • SNK is life
Sometimes it's ok to let them go all out, so it doesn't spread to other threads.
Also, it helps to understand to what extent users are capable of going ::)
#49  November 11, 2008, 01:44:00 am
great job *THUMBS*

DMK

#50  November 11, 2008, 02:39:00 am
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
Is Hank generally that enticed to piss Rajaa off? This is the internet and all,but it reminds me of bullys trying to piss that one oddball in class off and just gets angrier and angrier as it goes along. Either way it was handled to as good as a extent as you could without causing more trouble outside it.
#51  December 08, 2008, 10:43:30 pm
  • I got a PM.
#52  December 08, 2008, 11:13:53 pm
  • SNK is life
Policy is... this board is supposed to be Work Safe for the most part, and we should watch out for not encouraging minors to have access to shocking material.
#53  December 08, 2008, 11:19:24 pm
    • Germany
Simple: NO.
#54  December 08, 2008, 11:28:46 pm
  • SNK is life
So violence is a no. In the spritage section we allow the sexy KOs from [E]. IIRC we said boobs should be spoilered. To what extent do we allow nudity?
#55  December 08, 2008, 11:41:23 pm
yeah, i think we should set this straight

in my opinion anything (and i mean anything) that's considered nsfw should either be put in a spoiler or linked to. "the following is nsfw" shouldn't cut it, there should also be some sort of description, such as saying the following link/spoiler is a gross image or contains nudity or explicit sex acts etc. etc.
#56  December 08, 2008, 11:45:24 pm
  • SNK is life
Agreed. Now, do we have like... a rules thread where to write that in?
#57  December 08, 2008, 11:51:28 pm
#58  December 08, 2008, 11:52:34 pm
    • Germany
we need to draw a clear line, too.

suicide gifs, shock stuff and the like = hell no, noone wants to see that shit!
no nudity in profiles or direct-linked images.
mild nudity and aesthetic stuff linked in a spoiler is ok, no blunt hardcore whatsoever.
hentai stuff can be handled slightly less strictly given our audience, ie links to (non-extreme) doujins in spoilers would still be ok

opinions?
#59  December 08, 2008, 11:54:15 pm
  • SNK is life
I propose PG13 material: Boobs + butt. Genitallia is off limits (real people, hentai might be okay?
I think I saw someone posted a hentai image spoilered and it wasn't too bad)

I would much rather keep all inapropriate material outside, but that would be too restrictive and NEVERMIND era.

What Val said is pretty OK by me.
#60  December 08, 2008, 11:58:54 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I don't think we really have to be so clear about it. Any moderator can pretty much remove something they feel crosses the lines.

I say this just in case someone gets mad about "grey area" stuff removed. =p