YesNoOk

Build 4/2 (Read 67505 times)

Started by FrantzX, April 02, 2009, 03:23:01 pm
Re: Build 4/2
#21  April 05, 2009, 06:15:39 pm
Yup, pretty much my problem got fix also.

Thanks FrantzX.

#22  April 05, 2009, 06:16:45 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
With oldshader = false, I see nothing but fonts. With true, I still have the same problems as before.
#23  April 05, 2009, 08:50:32 pm
  • DAT SAX
With oldshader = false, I see nothing but fonts. With true, I still have the same problems as before.

lol mac

My oldshader is set to false and everything works perfectly for me now.

All character sprites, effects, and portraits look perfect. Great work, FrantzX. :)

However, a few new problems have arisen. Name fonts only appear as a white top row now (as seen in Drex's screenshot and mine here), Kim's afterimages are just boxes, and any attack that causes PalFX makes the opponent disappear.

Also, I found a weird new bug with Kim. Check my intial bug report post.

EDIT: Also, you never told us what valid values for SoundChannels are. :(
FrantzX Edit: The number of simultaneous playing sounds. The larger the number, the more sounds that can be played at the same time. The number has to be zero of greater.

~*The Last Quincy*~         ~Sig by [TempesT]
My MUGEN shit:
MvC2 Tron Bonne, MvC Kim Kaphwan, Barns (Destruction Desire),
and Burai Yamamoto (Arranged)
Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 10:57:19 am by FrantzX
#24  April 06, 2009, 11:01:31 am
    • code.google.com/p/xnamugen/
I've fixed the issue with afterimages & palfx. Next up if the font issue. Once I have all the drawing issues fixed, I'll upload the new version.
Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 11:12:19 am by FrantzX
#25  April 12, 2009, 12:51:55 am
  • DAT SAX
I think you should wait until you have more of the bugs pointed out in the topic fixed first before jumping so quickly to the next version.

A question:Will you be adding the red damage indication for the lifebars for the long-term?

Also, added 2 screens for Tron's throw bug. And what's up with with the lifebars and powerbars turning white during screenshots?

My MUGEN shit:
Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 01:05:56 am by ~*Ishida-Uryuu*~
#26  April 19, 2009, 02:17:12 pm
Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 03:02:51 pm by Seradest
#27  April 19, 2009, 02:48:16 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
It's already possible to do that (in a fullgame), using tons of helpers, but it's a pain in the ass. Maybe in a new engine something like tagging CLSN boxes with a number and being able to give attributes to the tagged CLSNs.

Anyway, that's a bit off-topic, and the point is to make Mugen stuff work properly with xnaMugen before thinking about tons of new things.
#28  April 19, 2009, 03:02:19 pm
Ok hmm hopefull and sorry for the offtopic post.
#29  April 22, 2009, 07:48:27 pm
  • DAT SAX
Hey, FrantzX, how's progress been going? Get anything major done lately? What are you currently working on?

Just wanted to point something out. MUGEN's reflection and shadow system can really make them look screwy at times. I think all MUGEN does is mirror the character's sprites flipped on the floor, remove CLSNs, make them transparent or all black (depending on which you're doing), and move them accordingly to where the character is. However, it looks bad when a character has a move that goes through the floor (purposely or otherwise), such as my Barns' c. med attack. It creates a shadow/reflection above where his sword actually is. How hard do you think it would be to implement a shadow/reflection system that makes sense? Like having a system to implement an actual light source or something like that?

I know you're probably busy IRL, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

My MUGEN shit:
#30  April 22, 2009, 08:20:08 pm
  • A frame here, a pixel there.
It's already possible to do that (in a fullgame), using tons of helpers, but it's a pain in the ass. Maybe in a new engine something like tagging CLSN boxes with a number and being able to give attributes to the tagged CLSNs.

Anyway, that's a bit off-topic, and the point is to make Mugen stuff work properly with xnaMugen before thinking about tons of new things.
The tags or IDs for individual CLSN boxes was something I suggested for InfCat way back when. The Street Fighter games tend to have a separate CLSN box for a character's legs that is vulnerable when they do a standing block. If an opponent's attack hits this box without touching the body or head boxes, then it can't be blocked standing. With some kind of tagging or ID system for individual CLSN boxes in Mugen, it would be possible to replicate that sort of thing.
#31  April 23, 2009, 01:22:04 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Hey, FrantzX, how's progress been going? Get anything major done lately? What are you currently working on?

Just wanted to point something out. MUGEN's reflection and shadow system can really make them look screwy at times. I think all MUGEN does is mirror the character's sprites flipped on the floor, remove CLSNs, make them transparent or all black (depending on which you're doing), and move them accordingly to where the character is. However, it looks bad when a character has a move that goes through the floor (purposely or otherwise), such as my Barns' c. med attack. It creates a shadow/reflection above where his sword actually is. How hard do you think it would be to implement a shadow/reflection system that makes sense? Like having a system to implement an actual light source or something like that?

I know you're probably busy IRL, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

There's an assertspecial for that, y'know.
#32  April 23, 2009, 01:34:23 am
  • DAT SAX
I'm not talking about turning off shadows, I'm talking about having an actual light source so that shadows make sense and have a way for reflections to be more realistic.

Of course, the light source would not have an effect on the characters' sprites (or could there be an options for it so that it does or does not have that effect? Realistic lighting on the characters?).

Here are some pics for an example.

In this, you can see that Barns is clearly not lifting his heel off the ground, yet the way MUGEN does reflections disconnects the reflection from his boot. Pretty stupid if you ask me.

And here's the problem child. The problem area is indicated by the red circle. The way MUGEN does reflections (merely flipping the sprite) causes the sword to be reflected above where it actually is. In reality, the sword would have its reflection below where it is, somewhere in the vicinity of the blue circle.

My MUGEN shit:
Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 01:45:55 am by ~*Ishida-Uryuu*~
#33  April 23, 2009, 09:06:39 am
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html
There is no solution for that.  The reflection should also technically copy different parts of the character.  That's just as far as you can go with a pseudo 3D effect on 2D elements.

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.
#34  April 23, 2009, 04:49:58 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
that's why capcom games use round shadows.
#35  April 23, 2009, 07:33:06 pm
  • DAT SAX
Yeah, I just noticed as well, that Destruction Desire, Barns' game, has round shadows, too.

Hmm...maybe we could get an option to have round shadows then? I know it's possible with a -2 noshadow assertspecial and a helper, but I'd rather have it as a built-in option.

EDIT: And I guess there's no real way around the reflection problem then, huh? :-\

My MUGEN shit:
#36  April 23, 2009, 07:42:18 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
think on a way of how should it work and provide examples. Kof uses "reflection" shadow, but the chars don't go below the ground.
#37  April 23, 2009, 10:21:32 pm
  • In after lock
Yeah, I just noticed as well, that Destruction Desire, Barns' game, has round shadows, too.

Hmm...maybe we could get an option to have round shadows then? I know it's possible with a -2 noshadow assertspecial and a helper, but I'd rather have it as a built-in option.

EDIT: And I guess there's no real way around the reflection problem then, huh? :-\
The round shadows aren't dynamically generated though.

#38  April 24, 2009, 03:42:38 am
  • DAT SAX
Meaning?

My MUGEN shit:
#39  April 24, 2009, 01:30:53 pm
  • In after lock
They are manually configured in SF games on a frame-by-frame basis.  You could achieve something similar dynamically, but i don't know how bad / good it would turn out.

#40  April 25, 2009, 07:25:57 pm
  • A frame here, a pixel there.
Yeah, using the SF2 Obj Test mode, you can see that every character frame has a "kage" (shadow) parameter that determines the specific shadow sprite (and possibly its offset from the character's axis?) to be used for that frame.