YesNoOk

Dealing with most of 1.0's new features (Read 8035 times)

Started by 2OS, May 15, 2012, 11:37:25 pm
Share this topic:

2OS

Dealing with most of 1.0's new features
New #1  May 15, 2012, 11:37:25 pm
  • 608 Wannabe
  • Ich schicke dich zur HOELLE!! STIRB DU FEIGLING!!
    • Egypt
Character/Stage .DEF. This is imperative —

[Info]
name          = 
displayname   = 
versiondate   = 
mugenversion  =  1.0
author        = 
pal.defaults  = 

Spoiler: Converting to SFFv2 (click to see content)

Spoiler: The simplest way of converting to AILevel is also the most flexible (click to see content)

Spoiler: Everything you need to know about VictoryQuotes (click to see content)

Spoiler: Converting to VolumeScale (click to see content)
Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 02:49:25 pm by 2OS

GOH

Re: Dealing with most of 1.0's new features
#2  May 16, 2012, 01:07:40 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
Newb question. Why does the mugenversion line need to be added? I thought the engine had compatibility for the old works.

Or is it because of the rest of the following changes?
Nvm. Saw your post in the other thread. Derp.
Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 01:27:09 pm by GOH
#3  May 22, 2012, 02:34:35 pm
"Converting to SFFv2 is simple to do with FF3. With that all you really need to do is import all ACT's to the SFF then save as 1.0."

I got excited like a little kid when I read that "OMG THERE'S AN OPTION TO JUST SAVE THINGS IN A FORMAT FOR 1.0!?!? HOW DID I MISS THAT!? XD XD XD"

My Fighter Factory has no such options and I SWEAR I looked all over.
Was that comment referring to the fact that you have to change all the settings for everything manually and then just SAVE the character, or did you actually mean that there's an option to "save as 1.0?"

I don't get it. I can't find where "as 1.0" exists anywhere in FF.
#4  May 22, 2012, 05:30:54 pm
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
When you go to File -> Save As under the Sprites menu and click it, a prompt should come up that asks if you want to save your SFF as "MUGEN Beta" (Winmugen), MUGEN 1.0, or MUGEN 1.1.

You can tell if you're still using an old SFF if you do a regular save and Fighter Factory asks you about saving palettes in the same order as the DEF.
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> because you messed up?
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> well that's a fucking shame
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> pick up your sucks

I don't provide old versions of my characters once they're updated. Please don't ask me for them.
#5  May 23, 2012, 03:56:50 am
When you go to File -> Save As under the Sprites menu and click it, a prompt should come up that asks if you want to save your SFF as "MUGEN Beta" (Winmugen), MUGEN 1.0, or MUGEN 1.1.

You can tell if you're still using an old SFF if you do a regular save and Fighter Factory asks you about saving palettes in the same order as the DEF.

Your explanation here was awesome. so much in fac that I knew exactly where to look from what you mentioned. But alas either you or I are using a newer version because I still never found it saying watcha said. I believe you, and I DLed the latest FF, but I still don't see it.

Don't bang your head on a wall trying to help me find it, I must be blind or something. It's not every day you get such a well presented answer to your program/development questions on the internet, so THANKS a bunch for being so clear and helping me look. I don't know why I'm not seeing it, but either way atm I am not trying to use it. (Just find where it is so I can choose to use it later if necessary / plausible.)

Thanks so much for the help. Hopefully I can figure out what I'm doin wrong.
Rock on MFG Forums. I love you guys! (Totally platonically)