Dear Valodim
#1  February 15, 2009, 11:19:38 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Re: Dear Valodim
#2  February 23, 2009, 05:08:34 am
  • I got a PM.
What do you think of this?

http://xat.com/mugenguild

Club Syn has one, So I was thinking it might be a good idea.

The really cool part is you can broadcast youtube vids.

By the way the admin code is KENBYPOTS
Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 05:36:02 am by shamrock
#3  February 23, 2009, 02:31:08 pm
xat's been suggested before and i've turned it down because it's really clunky
#4  February 23, 2009, 06:26:17 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
The Thousandfold Thought (2006)
#5  February 23, 2009, 07:45:39 pm
  • I got a PM.
Ah Didn't know.

Oh well.
#6  March 07, 2009, 04:05:38 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Motion to remove Kod ability to edit posts.
He has been harassing MGbenz for an answer and dotting his posts as they are deleted.
#7  March 07, 2009, 04:06:19 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Why can deleted posts be edited in the first place? History must not be rewritten!
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#8  March 07, 2009, 04:31:14 pm
    • Germany
huh. why didn't we see that before? removed that permission.

..I thought we had that already :thinking:
#9  March 07, 2009, 11:47:34 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
Hmm. Me too. o_O
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
The Thousandfold Thought (2006)
#10  May 12, 2009, 08:52:12 pm
  • I got a PM.
Yo, Val or any other admin. I told Orochigill to report a couple of PM's to you. Badboy is harassing. Thought I would let you guys do the honors.
#11  May 12, 2009, 09:16:05 pm
    • Portugal
Haha, and I was just done replying to a PM of OrochiGill's saying I'd keep Badboy on a short leash because he hadn't been acting up yet.  Guess that settles the reban?
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
#12  May 12, 2009, 09:17:05 pm
  • I got a PM.
I'm for it, but PM's aren't my domain.
#13  May 18, 2009, 11:13:56 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Shit guys, this didnt got taken cared of?
We are slacking in here, we got to pull stuff up and not FORGET ABOUT IT!
We are talking too much and not doing enough.
#14  May 18, 2009, 11:29:25 pm
    • Germany
and why the fuck is this private?! god damnit!
#15  May 18, 2009, 11:55:32 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
^ Because we don't want the public to realise that we never act on anything... oh wait... :-X
#16  May 19, 2009, 08:26:04 pm
    • Germany
#17  May 19, 2009, 08:27:52 pm
  • I got a PM.
Cool. Solving the report now. I will also change our RS links to those.
#18  May 19, 2009, 08:28:12 pm
    • Germany
didn't expect that, huh?
#19  May 19, 2009, 08:28:52 pm
  • I got a PM.
Keep an eye out, I might miss one or two. and no I didn't. Now I don't have to ask where people get it from.
#20  May 19, 2009, 08:40:30 pm
  • I got a PM.
I don't see them on the main page yet................................
#21  May 19, 2009, 08:57:44 pm
    • Germany
could someone explain to me what the differences really are, so I can set up an info & download page?
#22  May 19, 2009, 09:18:27 pm
    • Portugal
Correct me if I'm wrong.
Edit: Correcting myself for starters.

http://mugenguild.com/mugen/mugen-2002-04-14.tar.bz2
The original Elecbyte thingamajig. The latest Linux version?

http://mugenguild.com/mugen/win-mugen_no_limit_patch.zip
The patch that makes Winmugen usable. Lacking the actual Winmugen zip here.
This was supposed to be the vanilla cracked Winmugen but the archive's corrupted.

http://mugenguild.com/mugen/hires-winmugen-stages.zip
The one that supports hi-res stages, and hi-res only.
This one is obsolete and should probably not even be made a front page download... or nevermind I guess there's someone out there who wants a lo-res screenpack with hi-res stages.

http://mugenguild.com/mugen/mugen-hi.rar
Forces the select screen to hi-res and supports both low and high res stages.

What about the DOS versions btw?
Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 09:40:39 pm by PotS
#23  May 19, 2009, 09:33:13 pm
  • SNK is life
#24  May 19, 2009, 09:56:13 pm
  • I got a PM.
I thought that one couldn't continue. There was a reason I was pissed about that one.

I think all we need is.

Dos, because some of us emulate it on weird shit like Pandora, and other linux gaming systems.

Linux, obviously need that.

Winmugen, lots of cool screenpacks are still out there for it and for it's good for full games, because of conversion to linux mugen.

Mugenplus, for the hires windows user.
#25  May 20, 2009, 06:07:22 pm
    • Portugal
Ash: It isn't that easy to win. diz:
so what's the deal with hosting the version of winmugen Sion and I hacked?
Paul Potts diz:
winmugen's been through so many copyright violations and hacks that i thought it turned no-man's land
Could I just respectfully ask that WM Plus not be hosted then?
I get the copyright argument and everything, just if Guild's going to throw me out I'd rather they not take my work too.
That's a reasonable request, no?
#26  May 20, 2009, 06:12:00 pm
  • SNK is life
Reasonable Request? Well then, I want to see his permission for hacking a hacked version >:(

Now, if he'll keep it online on Random Select, I guess it's OK to comply, but if he's taking it down altogether in a fit of rage, complying will be harder.
#27  May 20, 2009, 06:17:50 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Keep in mind he took all of Guild's database for Random Select after Nunor gave him access to the server.

And that Guild has permission to host mugen, which he always claimed is the reason he can host it since Nunor gave him permission to update the Guild database and such. Though I still always assumed Nunor might have wanted him to keep things in order ON GUILD. But hey, what do I know?

From what I can tell, mugen is free domain in the mugen community.
#28  May 20, 2009, 06:18:10 pm
    • Germany
I see your respectfully asking and raise you a lol:
Available for download on this page are older versions of Mugen for DOS and Linux mugen. Under most provisions of the license agreement we should not be able to host these. However the following fair-use rationale provides a working excuse for this:
- MugenGuild's website host Nunor had permission to host Mugen from Elecbyte.
- RS webmaster Kung Fu Man was the last one in charge of said site.
- Valodim has not uploaded them onto MugenGuild
- Former Guild admin Sepp added provisions to a topic pointing to RandomSelect as the host for Linux and DOS mugen.

seriously though, doing a diff on the versions and changing the five hex values in the exe that give the desired effect to produce our own version probably works just as well for this :)
scratch that, the patch does seem to do more.. hum.
Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 06:39:16 pm by Valodim
#29  May 20, 2009, 06:21:49 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Available for download on this page are older versions of Mugen for DOS and Linux mugen. Under most provisions of the license agreement we should not be able to host these. However the following fair-use rationale provides a working excuse for this:
- MugenGuild's website host Nunor had permission to host Mugen from Elecbyte.
- RS webmaster Kung Fu Man and JNP webmaster Just No Point/The Dreamslayer were the last ones in charge of said site.
- Valodim has not uploaded them onto MugenGuild
- Former Guild admin Sepp added provisions to a topic pointing to RandomSelect as the host for Linux and DOS mugen.

Fixed

Nunor gave me AND KFM access to Guild's server to update the database. -only one of us stole all that work from him-
Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 06:27:22 pm by Just No Point
#30  May 20, 2009, 06:25:44 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Sion and I hacked?
If i recall correctly there was a release thread here with a random guy saying someone had just hacked it, kfm offered to host it. and ta da.
so now he is taking credit for that too?

http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=72678.0

Just like he was claiming to have permission to host it due to
- RS webmaster Kung Fu Man was the last one in charge of said site.
being charge of mugen guild?

Stealing Mugen guild content down to the core, more like it.

Manipulation skill has reached a new level! you have learnt... "make up your own truth as you go along!"

#31  May 20, 2009, 06:31:42 pm
    • Germany
Dunno, that guy said he was not the author of the patch.. maybe it was all a cover? o_O

on the other hand, he replied to that thread himself... quite mysterious indeed.

Manipulation skill has reached a new level! you have learnt... "make up your own truth as you go along!"

So... do you like fish sticks?
#32  May 20, 2009, 06:42:26 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
It works! :D Uploading now, expect a huge update to my HR stages along these lines.

Btw Duke, do you know the name of the person that authored this patch?
Would have to be a pretty big cover, since he was testing it out and everything.
Maybe he hacked something on the ctrls to try to allow different screenpacks or whatever?Still doubtful.

fish sticks
Y-yes...?

#33  May 20, 2009, 06:46:13 pm
    • Portugal
Now, if he'll keep it online on Random Select, I guess it's OK to comply, but if he's taking it down altogether in a fit of rage, complying will be harder.
He's keeping it.
#34  May 20, 2009, 06:49:53 pm
    • Germany
Added to RS to save folks some time...in fact, updated the code related does while I was at it! :O

wait, what exactly was kfm's part in this now? he was talking about "hacked" up there so I assumed he didn't refer to the documentation changes at first.. can someone with kfm im-hotline shed some light on this?
#35  May 20, 2009, 06:50:39 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
He probably meant code related docs.
Maybe thats his edit.
#36  May 20, 2009, 06:51:32 pm
    • Germany
#37  May 20, 2009, 06:52:18 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
...yes?
#38  May 20, 2009, 06:53:30 pm
    • Germany
You're a gay fish! :D

...I always thought the mouth thing kinda gave it away. if you don't get the reference, nvm.
#39  May 20, 2009, 06:55:05 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
WHY YOU LITTLE... THAT DOES IT ,DUEL,  TOWN SQUARE, TYPING MACHINES, SHORT PROSE AND FICTION ABOUT THE PHILOSOPHIES OF SMALL WATER POODLES! BE THERE.
#40  May 20, 2009, 06:55:55 pm
    • Germany
settle down, kanye. you didn't even give a time.

(back to topic :P)
#41  May 20, 2009, 06:56:25 pm
  • I got a PM.
This is the futre of mugen, you know? This fight has been coming for a while. I didn't think it would happen between us and RS though.

What? You say.

In the next year or so there will be alternative engines, with a new set of permission arguments. The community will fracture into smaller secs. We already can see the progression with the secs of the forums themselves.

Although KFM is wrong in this case. I mean, just look at how he is hosting the original one, by using permission granted to us. Now, we can't have the newest hack to an engine that we are the only legitimate host?

Tisk tisk tisk, oh how the mighty have fallen.

Just wait, there will be more of this, as the arms races of replacement engines hit, one after the other.

I think it is unwise to grip or question KFM's contribution to the latest hack. At least leave him some of his dignity. You guys are started to sound like "Lord of the Flys and KFM" is Piggy.  ;P
#42  May 20, 2009, 06:59:00 pm
  • SNK is life
Complying is reasonable*

*Completely beside the point that his words might bite him in the ass or not every now and then, or that he changes his mind every 14 months, or that [...]

+1
#43  May 20, 2009, 07:01:08 pm
    • Portugal
In the next year or so there will be alternative engines, with a new set of permission arguments.
Better start gathering some influences then!  Does SakirSoft have some sister I can marry? :wacko:
Well, good thing some of those are open source.
#44  May 20, 2009, 07:03:10 pm
    • Germany
..right, and for that I'd like to know what part of that patched version he is talking about.

is it all really "his"? or are just the docs, readme and packaging his work? can we patch mugen with the file from megaupload the anonymous guy posted and host that? or what?
#45  May 20, 2009, 07:03:20 pm
  • Coffee, Chocolate and MUGEN
    • Brazil
    • www.justnopoint.com/sparta/
IINM, KFM is the one responsible for allowing HR stages and LR stages on the same engine. he got the hack were you could only have HR stages and added the LR code + Highres=1 line.

This is the futre of mugen, you know? This fight has been coming for a while. I didn't think it would happen between us and RS though.

What? You say.

In the next year or so there will be alternative engines, with a new set of permission arguments. The community will fracture into smaller secs. We already can see the progression with the secs of the forums themselves.

this man speaks truth. what was once united under a single engine, will be divided. that is the curse of the elecbyte.
* Tony 3rd disappears on a cloud of smoke.
#46  May 20, 2009, 07:05:52 pm
    • Germany
#47  May 20, 2009, 07:06:52 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
not what it says on the thread toni.
In the thread a guy announces the hack, shows it off and kfm tests it out and asks who the author was.

also, from the thanks portions of the readme
*The guy that did the original hacking, whatever your name was
*The guy that did the update to my hack. My hat is off to you man!
he starts calling it "his hack". even tho he decided to host it after picking it off on the thread.

This isnt even the first time I see this, I recall a noob advising people to get Kfm mugen plus , and all kfm chars on RS, going on about how his mugen plus was great and his evil ken was great as well.
#48  May 20, 2009, 07:13:10 pm
  • I got a PM.
Someone ask Byakko, he's the one who told me that KFM was the one responsible. I usually trust what Byakko says, after all, I never have seen him lie to anyone.
Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 07:14:07 pm by Valodim
#49  May 20, 2009, 07:20:58 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
hrm, way to do it could also be.
Go to megaupload and get the original version provided by Duke.
Test it out, try to compare both to see the differences, if no difference is found, no major edits will have been done, keep that version up.
If differences are found.keep kfm read me files on the stuff , they are likely correct.
#50  May 20, 2009, 07:21:44 pm
    • Germany
could we stop speculating and wait for a reaction from kfm about my question from before? this is getting us nowhere.
#51  May 20, 2009, 07:27:40 pm
    • Brazil
#52  May 20, 2009, 07:31:23 pm
    • Portugal
So here's how the whole history of Winmugen hacks went down according to KFM:

-winmugen cracked
-guy makes hr only stages work in it, removed all LR stage coding it seems though, continue screen broken
-another guy modifies it, adds coding to allow HR select screens
-Sion cracks that so I can look at it, I modify vanilla winmugen to allow HR select with LR stages, adds coding for HR stages to work too but unable to finish switch
-Anon guy adds the switch, the people rejoice

Anon guy's mod was just finishing up what Sion and I started.

Paul Potts diz:
you, sion, and the other two guys

The two previous versions weren't used. All I did was fiddle around with what they did to get an idea of what had to be done.

Let him keep it I say, haven't we "won" enough battles already?
#53  May 20, 2009, 07:34:21 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
hm according to that, he got hi res select screen to work with low res stages, instead of only high res ones like the original hi res mugen. thats his edit.

Winmugen plus is a hack that grabs hi res mugen, and gives it capacity to select both kinds of stages. Its got nothing to do with that, I think.
edit after pots post pops:
Wait, what version did the anon guy hack? Is he sure its his version and not the first ones?

EDIT
Also:
-he did not modify the files, but he looked at what was modified
-mugen wise, that's like retyping code instead of copypasting

He still used their work, even if he didnt copy pasted it, he learnt from it. Cant claim that they had nothing to do with it.

#54  May 20, 2009, 07:42:22 pm
    • Germany
"cracks so I can look at it"? wut?

the exe is not runtime-encrypted, and he didn't disassemble it:

No. I'd have to decompile the entire EXE, then add a trigger for stagedefs to work with it. It's nothing something that can be done more simply.

so that leaves... removing the upx compression? that's not really cracking. :thinking:

I don't really think that part gives him any kind of jurisdiction about the hi-res version, we it's not even likely this one is based on his. especially since he's just the kinda guy who just loves jurisdicting and spokespersoning. I know these are not words.
#55  May 20, 2009, 07:50:17 pm
  • I got a PM.
Meh, leave it alone. Non of us were in there working the thing. I trust the word of people who are confirming,

Let them have control of it. It's like I tell the people who edit other people's stuff, Let you own ethics be your guide.

Mine says, as long as it's hosted and available, there is no need to host it. Hosting it, apparently offends people who did work on it or claim they worked on it. Scratch Mugen Plus off the list.

Everyone is happy and the engine is still hosted.

If we take the high ground maybe KFM will man up and stop being anal about it's hosting. Perhaps he will be gracious enough to give us permission, if not then he just looks bad as usual.
#56  May 20, 2009, 07:55:02 pm
    • Germany
same procedure as last year, james?

..works for me.
#57  May 20, 2009, 07:57:41 pm
  • I got a PM.
#58  May 20, 2009, 08:01:27 pm
    • Brazil
you gotta be fucking kidding...
#59  May 20, 2009, 08:01:58 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Oh we can host it, even the duke version the guy released it for anyone to host.
You dont see someone editing a character done by someone else ,and then when someone edits his edit he claims that it can only be hosted on his page, since he deems it worthy.
In fact its still there on the megaupload link on Duke's original thread and we can simply link to it.

General consensus is that it should be hosted on guild (or anywhere) because it was moreso of an anonymous effort than specifically his.
I dont mind keeping the old stuff still there, but it would be nice to have the guild self running if possible, instead of depending on external sources.
#60  May 20, 2009, 08:02:22 pm
    • Portugal
#61  May 20, 2009, 08:03:34 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
That could be interesting.
"shamefully Elecbyte has since departed, the fan community still tries to create for mugen, if you have bought this from any source, you were ripped off, ETC"
#62  May 20, 2009, 08:09:40 pm
  • I got a PM.
I swear that using ridiculousness to point out how ridiculous something is, is completely lost on you guys sometimes.  ;P
#63  May 20, 2009, 08:10:53 pm
    • Portugal
Need to make it more obvious. ;P See that smiley? It belonged in your previous post.
#64  May 20, 2009, 08:11:22 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Is this some kind of ethical dispute? Logically Guild should host it's own versions of Mugen. Last I checked every ethic involved in the engine has already been broken. All of a sudden the ethics hit the mugen hack when it involves Ash?

Special treatment much?
#65  May 20, 2009, 08:13:18 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Mugen plus is hosted on several places, can be found on tons of places.He is just mad because we will stop linking to him and direct people to our place instead.

Do you see any of the other hackers claiming special rights?

No, you see him, claiming rights to every one of those hackers work.Including those that hacked after him and released it to the public.
#66  May 20, 2009, 08:17:39 pm
  • I got a PM.
It's a question of personal ethics, not KFM's ethics. So no, on the special treatment. Is it ethical to respect KFM's wishes, or is it ethical to host, considering we have permission to host the original hack? Or is asking us not to host a free engine ethical.

The real question is why does KFM care. Does it have something to do with getting site visitors? If so we could be nice to him. Not because it's ethical but because we can.
#67  May 20, 2009, 08:19:46 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Amidst the reasons for his ban was the fact that he was merely using this to try to attract people to his site.
We are not a tool for his use.
Yes we could be nice, should we?
Read back to his "fact sheet" about why he hosts mugen and you will see that he considers he kept order on the guild.

By trying to delete it.

Be too nice to people that continuously try to use you and manipulate you and you are nothing more than a fancy doormat with a nice suit.
#68  May 20, 2009, 08:20:01 pm
    • Portugal
So I've already talked this through with KFM, and the staff already talked it through with each other which led to a democratic approval of hosting it.  Now is that tricky part where stuff needs to get done. 8)
#69  May 20, 2009, 08:20:31 pm
    • Germany
Iced: dude you are arguing by discrediting kfm. are you sure you can be objective about this right now? :P
#70  May 20, 2009, 08:23:38 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I would like to think that yes I can, but maybe its too soon? :'(
I just see no point in trying to follow his logic on those.( I do believe he hacked it now, tho, so the readme should stay as is)
#71  May 20, 2009, 08:26:13 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Being nice to KFM
 or
Being nice to more members by making all versions accessible right from the home page of Guild with explanations of the differences in each versions

The only reason I could see us "just wanting to be nice" to KFM is if MFG and RS would actually collaborate on anything. How many times has KFM demanded unreasonable things?
He just likes control.

All credits to KFM and other hackers should remain intact. Including links to the sites where the hacks originated if applicable as alternate download sites.
#72  May 20, 2009, 08:27:23 pm
    • Germany
what the hell, stop arguing already!

So I've already talked this through with KFM, and the staff already talked it through with each other which led to a democratic approval of hosting it.  Now is that tricky part where stuff needs to get done. 8)

also, noone reads readme files anyways. they just give you the right to say what should happen with stuff.
#73  May 20, 2009, 08:30:11 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Oh, was a verdict reached?

What is it? Hosting it, or not?
#74  May 20, 2009, 08:40:30 pm
    • Portugal
KFM removed the Guild permission heritage page in retaliation, those comments that showed up when you wanted to download old Mugen versions from RS.  Which... may actually be better for everyone in the long run. :XD:
#75  May 20, 2009, 08:42:44 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
...So he removed his outright lies?... thats a good thing!

Yay! Progress!
#76  July 11, 2009, 05:55:06 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Dear Valodim.

Time to get the tool section up and running already.

Love, Iced.
#77  July 11, 2009, 06:00:44 pm
what iced said!!!