YesNoOk

For VDMSound users...  (Read 3938 times)

Started by KhMaIBQ, July 04, 2004, 11:54:56 pm
Share this topic:
For VDMSound users...
#1  July 04, 2004, 11:54:56 pm
    • best_quality.webs.com/
For those of you using VDMSound to get your sound working with Mugen, here are some guidelines that may help you get better performance from it.

Format:
TAB NAME
CATEGORY
   OPTIONS - COMMENTS

PROGRAM
PROGRAM INFORMATION - leave all of this alone
MISC - the only thing I have checked is "Warn before closing the Dos Window"
WINDOWS SHORTCUT KEYS - all of mine are unchecked but it is up to you

COMPATIBILITY
MEMORY
   Enable expanded memory - Checked, usually left alone, mine is set at max
   Enable extended memory - Checked, usually left alone, mine is set at max
PROTECTED-MODE
   Enable DPMI support (DOSX) - REQUIRED! If unchecked game doesn't run
   Enable CLI/POPF workaround - Unchecked, can cause game to not load. It will cause Mugen to only load up joysticks and keyboard functions and then stop loading and just sit there.
VIDEO
   Enable basic VESA support - Unchecked, so far of what I know it doesn't seem to effect how my Mugen runs. Test it to see what works best for you.
OTHERS
   Enable low-level CD-ROM support (MSCDEX) - Unchecked, I think this is only needed for those running CD music in Mugen.
   Enable low-level network support - Unchecked, Mugen doesn't have network capabilities.

DOS ENVIRONMENT - all of mine are unchecked.

PERFORMANCE - all of mine are unchecked.

MIDI - only enable if you are using MIDIs for music.

ADLIB - unchecked, unsure of when this is needed.

SOUNDBLASTER
Enable SoundBlaster emulation - checked of course.
All of this stuff I left alone, the only thing I see that needs changing is DSP ver.: Depending on what kind of SB you have change this option accordingly. Most of the time this is not needed, mine is set to 4.05 (SoundBlaster 16).
OUTPUT
   Dev.: Be sure to set this to your soundcard's (DirectSound) device.
   Buffer: 75 (ms) seems to be good, usually this can be left alone.
   File: Unchecked
INPUT - Unchecked

JOYSTICK - Enable this only if you need joystick support.

TROUBLESHOOTING - This is all for your benefit, mine is unchecked, only use troubleshooting if Mugen crashes on you.

After setting mine to these parameters, my Mugen went from a 45 fps to 60 fps at ALL times, and my sound works PERFECTLY.

Hope this helps those of you who can't get Mugen to run with VDMSound. Most likely its because of the option "Enable CLI/POPF workaround" which needs to be unchecked. My Mugen wouldn't work because of this mishap. Good Luck and I hope everything works.
Re:For VDMSound users...
#2  July 05, 2004, 05:23:54 am
  • Hyper Rainbow!
    • Canada
where do you access the configuration? and it even sounds like you have a GUI with that?
#3  July 05, 2004, 05:56:02 am
  • Coffee, Chocolate and MUGEN
    • Brazil
    • www.justnopoint.com/sparta/
where do you access the configuration? and it even sounds like you have a GUI with that?

on the latest versions, there is a gui. it was the launchpad, but now thei've become one single program.
#4  July 05, 2004, 08:47:23 am
  • Hyper Rainbow!
    • Canada
yeah... I just got the new version.
But KhMaTBQ's setting didn't really help much /._.\