YesNoOk

I cannot take the phrase "leecher" seriously... (Read 36764 times)

Started by Siebzehn, August 28, 2007, 05:17:44 am
Share this topic:
Re: I cannot take the phrase "leecher" seriously...
#21  August 28, 2007, 07:29:26 pm

MCX

#22  August 29, 2007, 03:05:40 am
  • Time won't wait for me
    • https://naudamaceno.carbonmade.com/
#23  August 29, 2007, 04:13:10 am
You know, Panzer, for once in the few days I've been here, I can't help but agree with you, xD

I guess, in its simplest definition, I could be considered a leecher, but I think that people who aren't leechers are those who participate elsewhere in the forum, outside of the request board. I consider that "giving back," since like the many you've mentioned, I have no talent for making a character, and as a music major, I don't have the time either.

gia

#24  August 29, 2007, 05:41:40 am
then you can create music ;o

I think even if you couldn't do anything at all you could still give feedback, besides you know "looks great can't wait", that's provided you can speak english or whatever the language of the author.

I believe anyone being able to give something back but doesn't fits the term, those that are only interested in playing mugen would be leeches unless they are small kids, there isn't a forum in their language or don't know about the community (ie their brother installed the game and they just play it)
#25  August 29, 2007, 06:17:50 am
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
What's wrong with just being interested in the game?
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#26  August 29, 2007, 06:27:08 am

you're pretty much interested only in creations itselves (stages, chars, etc.). Without the content, MUGEN isn't a game.

I mean seriously if you first download MUGEN, you would seriously not jump up and down over Kung Fu man and a 320 x 240 default resolution. It's the content that you download that you are interested in. Not the engine.
#27  August 29, 2007, 06:34:54 am

you're pretty much interested only in creations itselves (stages, chars, etc.). Without the content, MUGEN isn't a game.

I mean seriously if you first download MUGEN, you would seriously not jump up and down over Kung Fu man and a 320 x 240 default resolution. It's the content that you download that you are interested in. Not the engine.

Fine, fine. I know it's an engine and all, I'm just more used to referring to it as a game.

Okay, so there's an interest in getting characters. Why would you be a leecher just for that (not directing this question at anyone in particular)? That would make everyone leechers, and as I said, if everyone are leechers, then what's the point in having the term?

As an aside... why is this thread in favorites?
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#28  August 29, 2007, 09:01:43 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
I don't consider people who download and just play without doing anything for the community leechers.

They aren't bothered if they don't have something. They probably have favourite creators but don't obsess over them.

Leechers are those that REALLY care about having EVERYTHING. Even pipe dreams. "Oh look, fake screenshot, must be character GIMME! YOU MAEK NAOW!?!?!" Then further whining when told it's fake/not finished.

And yes i feel this belongs in discussion too but i don't know who moved it.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#29  August 29, 2007, 09:21:52 am
  • <>_<>!
    • USA
    • mugenandgames.webs.com/
I hate that people say leechers too cuz I been using mugen for 5 years and what I like to do with mugen is take chars that people have made and edit them and there programs for I can make a full game for myself but just cuz I never created anything I am still called leecher. it’s not really that I can’t make anything I just never really wanted to cuz editing chars files and stuff takes along time as it is for myself. Tho I will say I respect these creators very much and I can’t even think how some of these creators make some of the stuff they do and I look up to that very much
#30  August 29, 2007, 04:04:24 pm
  • MvC Adict!!
    • Argentina
    • marvelvscapcomextreme.000webhostapp.com
Marvel vs Capcom Extreme (find the MvC2 characters project right here too!):
marvelvscapcomextreme.000webhostapp.com

Follow the project on:
www.instagram.com/marvelvscapcomextreme/
www.youtube.com/c/MarvelvsCapcomExtreme
www.player.me/marvelvscapcomextreme/

I recieved messages of users that want to donate from paypal or patreon, if you consider that this is a nice and very dedicated project, you can donate any amount that you want right here:
www.paypal.me/marianoemeschini
#31  August 29, 2007, 06:07:28 pm
I don't consider people who download and just play without doing anything for the community leechers.

They aren't bothered if they don't have something. They probably have favourite creators but don't obsess over them.

Leechers are those that REALLY care about having EVERYTHING. Even pipe dreams. "Oh look, fake screenshot, must be character GIMME! YOU MAEK NAOW!?!?!" Then further whining when told it's fake/not finished.

And yes i feel this belongs in discussion too but i don't know who moved it.
QFT this IMO is the should be the only definition of a leecher.
#32  August 29, 2007, 11:12:04 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
favorites is general discussion, general discussion is dev discussion... is not that they are much separate as it is to give dev discussion topics more shelf life.
#33  August 29, 2007, 11:13:34 pm
favorites is general discussion, general discussion is dev discussion... is not that they are much separate as it is to give dev discussion topics more shelf life.

Then why not name it as such?

Cenobite 53 said:
#34  August 29, 2007, 11:15:16 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
becasue i am not admin  :-\ --; :S
#35  August 30, 2007, 12:41:06 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
agree, I don´t know why the admins don´t anything with this guy...

I was about to apologize for not being present but then I noticed: "User is currently banned"
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
The Thousandfold Thought (2006)
#36  August 31, 2007, 01:24:57 am
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html
[E] can't be administrator because there isn't an 'e' in the spelling. :-\ :-\ :-\

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.
#37  August 31, 2007, 01:49:34 am

Cenobite 53 said:
You kill the mood everywhere you post mang, srsly.
#38  August 31, 2007, 02:32:20 am
  • SNK is life
^ would be a lot funnier if it wasn't BOLDED BLUE
#39  August 31, 2007, 02:59:18 am
  • BOOYAA!!
I don't get all this "leechers win" crap first off looking at this like a battle of some kind is stupid , second I've seen "leechers" say stuff like this, I don't care about the creater I just want the characters, (as a semi creater, that kinda hurts) get over it. guess what, as human beings with free will and all, they are under no obligation to respect you, deal with it. Especally when you complain the way you do. Shake it off. third, "leechers never give back" hmmm I wasn't aware that giving back was a requirement ??? ever think that maybe he wants to give back? but just can't for whatever reason; overworked, hangout w/friends, in the army? who knows.

all this argueing is insane and this is one of the many things that are driving away newbies, and potential creators away.
To hell with the circumstances, I create oppertunities. -Bruce Lee
Re: You kill the mood everywhere you post mang, srsly.
#40  August 31, 2007, 03:10:17 am

Cenobite 53 said: