YesNoOk

KarmaCharmeleon's WIP thread: Ash Crimson (Read 67772 times)

Started by KarmaCharmeleon, April 21, 2019, 02:40:00 AM
Share this topic:

Poll

Who next

Dhalsim
10 (3.2%)
Hibiki
13 (4.2%)
Rugal
22 (7.1%)
Zangief
22 (7.1%)
Jedah
26 (8.4%)
Kenji
9 (2.9%)
Leo
9 (2.9%)
Urien
6 (1.9%)
Bishamon
8 (2.6%)
Q-Bee
10 (3.2%)
Victor
4 (1.3%)
Zabel
8 (2.6%)
Amakusa
11 (3.5%)
Mina
12 (3.9%)
Rimururu
7 (2.3%)
Ukyo
16 (5.1%)
Adel
15 (4.8%)
Gai
19 (6.1%)
Oswald
20 (6.4%)
Shion
7 (2.3%)
Akari
5 (1.6%)
Kaede
16 (5.1%)
Moriya
11 (3.5%)
Shiki
25 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Voting closed: November 02, 2020, 11:48:23 PM

Re: KarmaCharmeleon's WIP thread: Ash Crimson
#301  January 13, 2021, 02:37:56 PM
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany
I don't like CVS style at all. Never been a fan of it. Which I've made known.

But goddamn, already there's just something about your Ash that makes him feel different from other CVS/POTS style chars. I commend you for your hard work and attention to detail with creating CVS2 accurate chars, and I have mad respect for it. But I think, for me, this is the first time it feels like the real game. It doesn't feel like a perfectly replicated character, or a new character in that style. It straight up feels like I'm looking at CVS2 gameplay.

I can't really describe it better than that. I feel with Ash you've already really started to encapsulate the spirit of this game. Kudos, dude. Fucking kudos.

Thanks a lot for the kind works. I strive for that feeling. I spend hours researching data values and comparing characters present on both sources to get the perfect cross section. It's hard and sometimes I fuck up, but its nice to see someone recognizing it :)

Hi Karma, I  know Rose's update is far off however I would like to provide you with the following.
I hope it does some good. Im fine with Rose as is but I know how you work so this may come in handy.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rdX0qIv5Ug&ab_channel=TheoryFighter[/youtube]
Heyy PeXX. Long time no see. I actually came across that video (and channel) before! I suggest you to also watch the one about grappler's empty jumps. Rose will experience a super makeover soon, but I hope me and FeLo can do some magic once SFV Rose comes out.

Nagase

Mignon Beart

Giorno Giovanna 1

Giorno Giovanna 2

Sabockee you are easily my favorite palletes maker. I love your color usage and how you're able to make the character pop out. Great job!
Thanks, man! I appreciate it!

:smitten:  :smitten:  :smitten:  :smitten:
I'm pretty sure its FeLo sprites and color separation but damn. The palettes for Ash are being soooooo goooooood!

Thank you all for the kind words and support  ;D
#302  January 13, 2021, 07:30:29 PM
    • USA
How do I make a palette? I've never made a palette before using the method everyone is doing here. I usually just edit in fighter factory you know, with the whole SFF and everything intact. I'm asking so I can make some palettes for this Ash.
#303  January 13, 2021, 08:17:32 PM
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA

How do I make a palette? I've never made a palette before using the method everyone is doing here. I usually just edit in fighter factory you know, with the whole SFF and everything intact. I'm asking so I can make some palettes for this Ash.

The template provided a page or so ago is already color indexed. Load it up in Fighter Factory and change colors to your heart’s content.
#304  January 13, 2021, 10:31:38 PM
I don't have much free time nowadays to post and such but I do keep an eye on the forum.
Yeah, ive seen the video, dude puts out good content.

I just saw this
https://streamable.com/q8gx2p

Good job to both you and Felo.
All of the pals provided til now also look sick.
#305  January 18, 2021, 03:06:08 PM
    • Germany
Hey, I would like to give you guys a little update about the current and upcoming projects, and the release schedule I want to fulfill for the year.

First of all, Ash progress is wrapping up nicely. Past Saturday I've finished both MAX Thermidor and MAX Pluviose, so now he's only missing Sans Culottes, Germinal, Fructidor and the throws (moveset wise). He will also have a Dark Mode inspired by his XIII boss appearance. He will, however, be toned down a bit to fit CvSesque boss characters better. For starters, his moveset will be charge based and his life/defense will be reduced like Orochi Iori or Evil Ryu. In exchange he will have cheap zoning and very damaging combos. Expect him to be very annoying and not to lose against sweeps.

On a second note, I didn't forget about Jedah. Jedah is being worked on atm, but is heavily delayed by something that I want to give him:

This color separation is extensive and a lil bit difficult to apply, but more importantly: Jedah has about 1000 frames to color separate. Instead of losing my mind rushing a difficult color separation, I'll be progressively csing thru the year. He will come out when he comes out, but I would not be surprised if this takes me the whole year, so don't expect him any time soon.

On a third note, I would like to organize the releases on my year in four blocks. I want to release exactly 4 characters and 8 updates this year (four major updates [Genjuro, Blanka, Iori, Rose], four minor updates [Terry, Yun, Yang, Haohmaru]), two of the releases being Ash and Jedah. The idea is to have one character released and one character updated between January-March, a second pair between April-Juny, a third pair betweeen July-September, and fourth pair between October-December.

I follow a development cycle similar to Jmorphman's, interpolating SNK and Capcom reps (Yun a Yang kinda fucked up the loop but oh well):

Genjuro (SNK) -> Blanka  (CAP) -> Iori (SNK) -> Rose (CAP) -> Terry (SNK) > Yun (CAP) -> Yang (CAP) -> Haohmaru (SNK) -> ??? (SNK?) -> ??? (CAP?) --> Ash (SNK) -> Jedah (CAP)

This leaves me two spaces to keep balance, one for Capcom and the other for SNK. I'm still unsure about what direction will I take, tho. I might work on two characters from neither Capcom or SNK. If I were to make an SNK and Capcom rep, the Capcom rep is set on stone, but the SNK one not so much. Maybe it could be a time to revitalize the Wild Wolf project, maybe I could tackle Todoh, I really don't know.

I hope you guys are fine and healthy :] have a good day everyone.
#306  January 18, 2021, 11:07:04 PM
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
I find pretty amazing how you organize stuff not just for he future updates, leaving 2 empty places for both Capcom and SNK representatives is well thought.
[ EDIT: Read again your text and saw you're thinking about Wild Wolf/MOTW Terry; is not possible adding those sprites inside Terry and leaving it as a START+Button character? Expanding his colour chart to add those sprites from MOTW. Also, skin, hair and jeans could be shared with those in Terry, so this would save some colour count. ]

Also, Jedah seems hard to CS, because each area has an amount of 4 colours, except 5...then you move alongside the sheet and find variations. Also, dunno how you're going to organize his sprites, but in his sheet, wings are put aside the body...soooo...this leaves me a bit curious about it.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#307  January 23, 2021, 01:42:00 PM
    • Germany
^We addressed the Wild Wolf thing over Discord. Haven't seen you there lately btw.

Sans Culotte madness has started.

https://streamable.com/n669es

This is truly lvl 2 and 3 Custom Combo mostly :P