YesNoOk

Let's make an interactive Artmoney tutorial. Yay! (Read 84180 times)

Started by JustNoPoint, April 07, 2005, 07:34:48 am
Share this topic:
Re: Let's make an interactive Artmoney tutorial. Yay!
#61  March 24, 2007, 07:28:23 pm
  • DAT SAX
Sorry about bumping but the tutorial said that because two of the values started with "00E" he picked those. What does having "00E" have to do with the X axis? Is it the value that has the least number of numerical sequential duplicates?

Because I'm trying to mess around with Destruction Desire and I keep getting like 2XXXXXX values. How would you find the X values of P1 in a game that is not an emulator and does not have a timer?

~*The Last Quincy*~         ~Sig by [TempesT]
My MUGEN shit:
MvC2 Tron Bonne, MvC Kim Kaphwan, Barns (Destruction Desire),
and Burai Yamamoto (Arranged)
Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 10:42:27 pm by LegendaryXM90
Still need help with ArtMoney
#62  March 24, 2007, 07:39:15 pm
  • DAT SAX
Ok, I'm really confused. I keep doing it various different ways, and I still get like 1XXXXXX values. How am I supposed to find out which value it is? It's not only 30 like the tutorial has with Ryu...

I'm also confused about the way TDS did it. He just picked two random values...

My MUGEN shit:
Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 08:57:48 pm by LegendaryXM90
Re: Messing with ArtMoney
#63  March 25, 2007, 01:20:22 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Seems I should have went more in depth on games without timers.
But then again I suggest to everyone to use SFA3 to get the "feel" of it 1st. Once you start accomplishing things in 1 game you pick up more methods for others.

integers of 2
May want to try different types other than 2. I've only come across games that use integers of 1 & 2. But this game may be different.

Try integers of 1 &2

Walk to the left just a little, filter "decreased", do this a couple times. Mix it up with moving right just a bit. If you move right filter for an "increased value". Also don't move at all and filter for "unchanged".

I can't guarantee this will work in this game. Every fighting game I tried worked like the above. Some, however, if you move too far to the left or right, the values drop off.

For example, the middle of a stage has your character at an axis of 20, if you move to the right that axis value goes up, if you move to the left it goes down, but it will not go into a negative number so instead it could jump up to a really high number. Or moving too far to the right could potentially lead you to the highest value (for example 267) Once you go past the value 267 your value would return to 0.

And again, this is IF that game works like other games I have messed with.

Sorry about bumping but the tutorial said that because two of the values started with "00E" he picked those. What does having "00E" have to do with the X axis? Is it the value that has the least number of numerical sequential duplicates?

Because I'm trying to mess around with Destruction Desire and I keep getting like 2XXXXXX values. How would you find the X values of P1 in a game that is not an emulator and does not have a timer?
I came up with "00E" because everything I had found up to that point had had "00E" as the 1st 3 "digits". Usually all the values are near each other in regards to character data. So if you find the x axis and y axis have for example 01D in common then you pretty much know that the other values you seek will start with 01D.

But in new games you don't really know :P

That's why I wanted people to use SFA3 1st. So they can get the hang of this and know when they are accomplishing things. You could be jumping into a game where everything in this tutorial does not apply. And you are jumping into this game as your 1st attempt using artmoney.

So you don't know how to use artmoney, and you probably won't know how to accommodate  for all the variations that you may, or may not, run into trying to tear apart this game.
Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 01:47:07 am by The Dreamslayer
#64  March 25, 2007, 01:49:21 am
  • DAT SAX
Strange, that's what I was doing. At the end I would always get 2 values. But they weren't regular number values. They'd be like E46F and 53DA or something.

I'll try with SFA3 (wow I found that quick) to get the hang of it. If you want to experiment yourself, here you go.

Download the game here

EDIT: COOL!! I found the X AXIS!!!!! You know what sucks though? Guess what it is...

8DFE

How the hell am I supposed to manipulate that...oh well...I'll save it.

My MUGEN shit:
Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 01:58:29 am by LegendaryXM90
#65  March 25, 2007, 01:51:39 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Strange, that's what I was doing. At the end I would always get 2 values. But they weren't regular number values. They'd be like E46F and 53DA or something.

Did you try to freeze either of these values to see if your character would be stuck and/or jump back to their original place if moved?
EDIT: COOL!! I found the X AXIS!!!!! You know what sucks though? Guess what it is...

8DFE

How the hell am I supposed to manipulate that...oh well...I'll save it.

I don't understand what you mean ??? Maybe a screenshot.
Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 03:50:04 am by The Dreamslayer
#66  March 25, 2007, 04:08:07 am
That's hexadecimal...
8DFE = 36350.
Start->programs->accessories->calculator can display scientific numbers and you can convert from one to the other.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#67  March 25, 2007, 04:19:19 am
  • DAT SAX
Oh. That's good to know for future reference. Well, this actually wasn't as hard as I though. I successfully found both the X Axis and Y Axis. I froze them both and my character can't move either way. Now to read the tutorial again. ^_^

My MUGEN shit:
#68  March 25, 2007, 05:16:42 am
  • DAT SAX
Sorry for the double post, but I want this to get noticed on the main page. This is going really well so far.

I found the x axis.
I found the y axis.
I found the frame value.
I found the animation number.

I can change it all manually now! ^_^

Now I want to start seeing if I can rip. But I noticed in your tutorial, you're using Kawaks, which has an option to remove layers, and in zweifuss's tutorial, he has preset values that he tells you to mess around with to turn the background pink.

I need to know how to turn this background pink manually, because this game is not an emulator and does not have screencapturing options.

My MUGEN shit:
#69  March 25, 2007, 12:29:37 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Are there any moves that make the BG a solid color?

Is there a stage that, perhaps, wouldn't share colors with the characters?

If no on those 2 you will have to find a piece of the bg using artmoney.

Find the x axis of any part of the BG, then you know close to where the rest of that BG's tiles will be. You can either find the rest so you can move them manually or you can search for the hexadecimal you find with a hex editor and start removing chunks of them. Make sure to keep backups of your original files.
#70  March 25, 2007, 03:41:28 pm
  • DAT SAX
So if I were to move the BG pieces, what color would the new blank BG be? Black?

I also have another problem. My P2 controls don't work. Is it possible to find P2 Frame Values using just crouching and standing? Found it

Now that I found:

P1 X
P1 Y
P1 Frame Value

And the same for P2, should I post some of the data?

My MUGEN shit:
Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 07:04:18 pm by LegendaryXM90
#71  March 26, 2007, 02:08:48 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
So if I were to move the BG pieces, what color would the new blank BG be? Black?
Maybe. In MVC2 the bg is different depending on the stage. I rip from a gray bg.

You still need to give an answer :P
If the game has transparencies you want a black bg at least for that. In CVS2 I can use the black bg from Akuma's IHM by locking it.

The zoom should be somewhat easy to find. Zoom in then search, zoom out then search, don't zoom at all, then search :P
#72  March 26, 2007, 02:30:25 am
  • DAT SAX
Maybe. In MVC2 the bg is different depending on the stage. I rip from a gray bg.

You still need to give an answer :P
If the game has transparencies you want a black bg at least for that. In CVS2 I can use the black bg from Akuma's IHM by locking it.

The zoom should be somewhat easy to find. Zoom in then search, zoom out then search, don't zoom at all, then search :P

Well, I'm pretty sure there aren't, because there are no real pause times. The super moves start right away. Also, the closest I've seen to any moves changing the background are the hypers, ala the last screenshot.

And what do you mean by zoom? There is no option on DD to zoom anything. Remember, this game is not an emulator.

These are the only options this game has:

Window -> Window Size 1 x 1 , Full Screen

Options -> Game (does not work) , JoyStick, Keyboard

Help -> About

My MUGEN shit:
Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 02:37:04 am by LegendaryXM90
#73  March 26, 2007, 02:45:48 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I need to find out how to find BG zoom and colors.
You said this in the other thread so I thought the game had zoom ala Samurai Shodown or something.

That leaves you the pcxclean method, the find parts of stages and move them method, or the hex editing method.

Usually I just use the PCXclean method and not worry about finding ways to remove bgs. But I'm lazy =P
#74  March 26, 2007, 02:52:39 am
  • DAT SAX
Well, this is the white ball I was talking about:

It seems to go up and down randomly though, making it hard to find its Y axis.

I'll try some more. After that I'll try the PCX clean method.

My MUGEN shit:
#75  March 26, 2007, 03:07:30 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Using that pic I just tested and the white of his eyes shares the same color as parts of the bg. Including the ball. So don't waste your time finding this ball's axis. So you can't use this stage if you try the pcxclean method... you can, but you would have to manually add back in his eyes.

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/6470/superdashil4.png

Try to find the value for this bg. There is a good chance the black part is seperate from the fire effect and will help you rip transparency fx.
Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 03:10:44 am by The Dreamslayer
#76  March 26, 2007, 03:30:24 am
  • DAT SAX
Ahh...that BG...it's going to be hard. It'll be hard because in this game, not everything is paused when the game is. If I paused it while that BG was active, it would eventually fade away...

My MUGEN shit:
#77  March 26, 2007, 03:48:39 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
You don't have to pause to get values. Many values I have found on the fly.

You may just have to try quite a few times before you actually start finding anything.

Activate the effect, search for changed. If you have time you may want to search for unchanged if it is still up and not fadded. But if it fads I would advise against this.

After the effect leaves or is leaving search for changed again. You can search for unchanged at times whenever the effect is gone. You may have to try this a few times to actually find it, searching like this can be tricky.
#78  March 26, 2007, 11:43:20 pm
  • DAT SAX
I've been trying that all, day and no luck, it all just happens too fast.

BUT WAIT!! Don't you think I should go with my old method of the white ball? I successfully made my first sprite into this extremely easily:

BAM! With transparency and everything. I even made the eye the color of the hair, but I should probably change that.

Surprisingly, the floor shadow did not share colors with anything else in the palette.

This was made using only GIMP, Irfanview, Fighter Factory, and PCXClean. In under 5 minutes too! I know that would seem like a long time for one sprite, but now that I know a quick way to do it, shouldn't I continue to try to do it? Now that have a method to rip the sprites, shouldn't I keep trying to find the white ball's axis?

Wouldn't it be the best thing to do?

My MUGEN shit:
#79  March 26, 2007, 11:52:46 pm
The white ball seems to be far more efficient, yes. Since you already know about that element, no need losing time trying to find another one.
The problem will be for sprites that are bigger than the white ball... And you probably won't get the ball's x axis if it has no horizontal move. It doesn't scale either, does it ?
And again, since you can lock Barns' position, don't forget to take the whole screen in the screenshot before PCXCleaning it, for axis.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#80  March 26, 2007, 11:53:17 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Like I said. If you are comfortable adding back in the eyes on every frame then go right ahead.

You will rip all the sprites, make a palette without the eyes, run pcxclean, then you will have to go back in and re-add all of the eyes again.

If you are comfortable with this method go for it. Also if you do find the axis of the white ball you can find the axis for the rest of the stage panels.