YesNoOk

MOTVN Request to Remove Stages (Read 102286 times)

Started by MOTVN, May 09, 2009, 06:58:36 pm
Re: MOTVN Request to Remove Stages
#21  May 10, 2009, 06:06:04 am
    • clubsyn-x-treme.net/Rev2.1/index.php?topic=32.0
stop taking things out of context

you're the one who comes to me when you need something for shades

so you're the one I deal with when you harass my team

if shades got affected in the process it was because of your actions

if you're being a prick then why would I want to support a project you are involved in where you asked for my help?
#22  May 10, 2009, 06:13:26 am
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
mot really please dont involve sean in this
Shades 2 site:Shades of Manhattan
#23  May 10, 2009, 06:22:17 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
You know, I really am not in a position to judge who is right and wrong here at all, and frankly, I don't care. Here are 3 random thoughts on the situation, which will represent the extent of my involvement from here on out. Remember before I say these things that A) I generally like and respect both of you and your work, B) I'm just letting you know how I feel based on what I know, and C) I'd be remiss if I didn't admit that I am fully aware of what the general Mugen community thinks of Laxxe and that I ignore it because I've never had a problem with him.

1. Laxxe, if MOTVN is right and the things you were trying to enforce were not stated rules on that particular forum, you probably should have just chilled out. You admit to me and others all the time that you lack certain social skills, so maybe you should just chalk this up to that.

2. MOTVN, I have a hard time believing that Laxxe would specifically target the team members of a guy who has helped us before and was going to help us and be a part of our team for SHADEs 2. I like to think he's smarter than that, and I think it was probably a coincidence and just a side effect of him trying to enforce rules that weren't there.

3. Even though I still have no personal beef with either of you, MOTVN, it really upsets me that you would attempt to do damage to the SHADEs project just to get at Laxxe. I hope he can admit this, because it's true, but I personally did 65-70% of the work on SHADEs 1, so I would be the person getting punished, not him.

4. I may regret this later, but if your pals want to warehouse MY unreleased characters just to get at Laxxe, then tell them to do it then. The type of MUGEN users I respect will know the difference between officially released, finished characters and broken, warehoused characters obviously ripped from a full game. So it does me no harm. Let the leechers have their broken Silly Putty, people will still know that I try my hardest to make quality characters. I mean come on, not to sound conceited, but I made the MI Character of the Year, Solid Snake. I don't think it's going to ruin my reputation around here.

And since it did wonders at the MI COTY Topic (and by wonders I mean it lead to some clown named Ohsky calling me a moron whilst being completely unable to form a coherent sentence, language barrier or not), here is a bunny ready to Street Fight, or perhaps Kombat Mortally.

Boom.

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 06:41:17 am by SeanAltly
#24  May 10, 2009, 06:27:37 am
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
actually sean you did more than that, i mainly did small bits of coding here and there(ie grapple coding and such), and parts of the screenpack coding, and the lifebar part of the coding, ive done not much compared to what youve done

edit-
sean told me i did other stuff to
Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 06:31:23 am by Shades team
#25  May 10, 2009, 06:42:25 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Just to lighten the mood, I've used my mod powers to change every occurrence of the word "fuck" into "Hacksaw Jim Duggan," and every occurrence of the word shit into "Silly Putty," within this topic.

Thank you.

Download Last Bout now!
#26  May 10, 2009, 07:30:49 am
As stated before

I support Sean

for the record I have no beef with Laxxe despite his reaction this morning

I did receive Laxxe's recent PM on CS-X- and accept his apology
#27  May 10, 2009, 01:30:22 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
2. MOTVN, I have a hard time believing that Laxxe would specifically target the team members of a guy who has helped us before and was going to help us and be a part of our team for SHADEs 2. I like to think he's smarter than that, and I think it was probably a coincidence and just a side effect of him trying to enforce rules that weren't there.

3. Even though I still have no personal beef with either of you, MOTVN, it really upsets me that you would attempt to do damage to the SHADEs project just to get at Laxxe. I hope he can admit this, because it's true, but I personally did 65-70% of the work on SHADEs 1, so I would be the person getting punished, not him.

4. I may regret this later, but if your pals want to warehouse MY unreleased characters just to get at Laxxe, then tell them to do it then. The type of MUGEN users I respect will know the difference between officially released, finished characters and broken, warehoused characters obviously ripped from a full game. So it does me no harm. Let the leechers have their broken Silly Putty, people will still know that I try my hardest to make quality characters. I mean come on, not to sound conceited, but I made the MI Character of the Year, Solid Snake. I don't think it's going to ruin my reputation around here.

OH HEY its broken mugen hd style threats again!
"We will warehouse your work and hold it hostage until we get what we want" what a cordial nice civilized way to solve things!!!!!

SERIOUSLY now? is this the behaviour to have towards one another?
#28  May 10, 2009, 01:38:35 pm
  • Master of the palm and foot.
    • randomselect.piiym-net.com/
I think you're stepping in where you don't need to Iced. Let the three of them sort it out like gentlemen amongst themselves. MOTVN's not a fool, he knows well enough doing that anyway would kill his credibility at the very least. :P
#29  May 12, 2009, 12:13:46 am
  • "The Future is Now"
i see, so this is what you were talking about when you mentioned this to me. Interesting.

OZ

#30  May 12, 2009, 12:44:29 am
  • ಠ_ಠ
Good to see this looks somewhat resolved, but I must say, the whole 'team' mentality thing is getting old.
ಠ_ಠ
#31  May 12, 2009, 01:17:38 am
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
and how is it getting old?

OZ

#32  May 12, 2009, 01:42:08 am
  • ಠ_ಠ
One person is displeased with another individual, suddenly someone has dishonored the team.
Members of said team seem to associate directly with the team's ordeals, take on a whole; attack one of us, you attack all of us mindset.
What was a personal isolated grievance is now an attack towards Team XXX.

Team XXX then attacks the team that the offender is a member of.

It's damned gang violence.

The mob mentality has caused nothing but drama and drags people who shouldn't be involved into the situation.

Just my opinion, no one should be offended.
ಠ_ಠ
#33  May 12, 2009, 02:37:32 am
  • FOR PONY!
Mugen Gangs? Where did that start?
#34  May 12, 2009, 02:41:00 am
  • "The Future is Now"
mugen gangs? highly unlikely.

its the internet.. its simple people ganging up on someone.
but thats normal, its like how ever one picks on Pico for his god ugly character.

you cant compare that to gang violence.
#35  May 12, 2009, 03:04:44 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
I agree with Oz. I mean, I enjoy having a "Team" because with something so time-consuming and labor-intensive as MUGEN, it's nice to collaborate to get things done faster. However, I and my characters should have never been brought into this because not only was this stuff between Laxxe and MOTVN, but this stuff happened on a forum I've never even been to. That's messed up.

Download Last Bout now!
#36  May 12, 2009, 06:04:37 am
I and my characters should have never been brought into this because not only was this stuff between Laxxe and MOTVN, but this stuff happened on a forum I've never even been to. That's messed up.

So how come you have never been to the forum the supplied some of your stages and lifebars?

Why does Laxxe do your bidding instead of yourself?

He acts on Shades behalf and asks for things then refused to remove them.

On top of that he added insult.

That's messed up.
#37  May 12, 2009, 06:09:22 am
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
I think you're stepping in where you don't need to Iced. Let the three of them sort it out like gentlemen amongst themselves.

Indeed Iced. Let they solve this all alone.

(nothing against any one)
#38  May 12, 2009, 06:27:39 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
I and my characters should have never been brought into this because not only was this stuff between Laxxe and MOTVN, but this stuff happened on a forum I've never even been to. That's messed up.

So how come you have never been to the forum the supplied some of your stages and lifebars?

Why does Laxxe do your bidding instead of yourself?

He acts on Shades behalf and asks for things then refused to remove them.

On top of that he added insult.

That's messed up.

I don't really have a lot of time to split between multiple forums. I mainly float between here and MI, and I still sometimes forget to do things on each one. You see, I spend most of my MUGEN allotted time creating things for MUGEN. I understand you created 2 stages that were used for SHADEs (including one specifically created solely for the purpose of going along with my Solid Snake), and I have asked permission through PMs, thanked you for it, been very nice to you, and given you proper credit. I don't feel I'm also obligated to spread myself thin by frequenting another forum as well.

Also, Laxxe's a member of the team. He volunteers to do this stuff. He doesn't "do my bidding." And as far as refusing to remove your stuff, that's not him, that's me. It's obvious you are not going to let this go or move on with your MUGEN life, because you've now passed from insulting Laxxe (however deserved you may think it was) to insulting ME (who has no beef with you and has tried to keep things light), so I will simply thank you for your contributions to SHADEs 1, and refrain from asking for your help on SHADEs 2.

It's not worth the trouble.

Download Last Bout now!
#39  May 12, 2009, 08:44:53 am
And as far as refusing to remove your stuff, that's not him, that's me. It's obvious you are not going to let this go or move on with your MUGEN life, because you've now passed from insulting Laxxe (however deserved you may think it was) to insulting ME (who has no beef with you and has tried to keep things light)

The only trouble on record is from Shades Team

As far as refusing to remove my stuff he said it was him in PM not you

I had already let things go with Laxxe but you made a questionable post and I replied

If you took that as an insult then that's your problem

it's quite pathetic you fail at getting the facts straight when it was Laxxe who started the insults and not I

I for one have never insulted you

it's a pity you've gone down this road Sean
#40  May 12, 2009, 08:53:18 am
Good to see this looks somewhat resolved, but I must say, the whole 'team' mentality thing is getting old.

I guess we need to get rid of all the MUGEN forums too. That's like having little MUGEN national guards. Just to clarify, I did read your followup post and that mentality exists everywhere in the MUGEN community pretty much.