YesNoOk

My AI Issues here (Read 918 times)

Started by MDCGD, December 22, 2020, 04:00:49 PM
Share this topic:
My AI Issues here
New #1  December 22, 2020, 04:00:49 PM
    • USA
1. My AI sometimes spam Air Block (block,unblock,block,unblock really fast, looks like he/she is twitching)
2. My AI sometimes does Normal attacks outside of p2bodydist x constrictions.
3. My  AI sometimes gets stuck in a normal attack.

Any suggestions?
Follow Twitter: @MVDCGD
Subscribe Youtube: MVDCGD
Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 08:16:55 PM by MDCGD
Re: My AI Issues here
#2  December 22, 2020, 04:15:01 PM
  • Evangelion 3.0+1.0: You can (not) release
1. Simply put, if your AI is in the guard distance, It will switch to defense states automatically. The problem should be fixed once the enemy's attack is done or out of defense range.

2. Two posibilities: The AI hasn't been set up so it spawned attack moves randomly. Or, the problem occurs when the AI is set to be.(Intentionally and incorrectly which is contradicted to what it should have been).

3. It could happen because of the following state is missing, or the current statedef is unavailable. Or the ctrl is set to 0 instead of 1, making it stiff and unable to complete an animation, or the animation is missing. It's hard to determine the main factors that caused the problems. Guess I'd prefer some clips of the situations.
#3  December 22, 2020, 05:03:12 PM
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • www.dailymotion.com/2a8130871d2742d2f4da3b069
Most people disable guarding via assertspecial whenever AI control is present and use a changestate into stateno 120 so they can have better control over how and when the AI should block.
New #4  December 22, 2020, 08:54:55 PM
    • USA
1. Simply put, if your AI is in the guard distance, It will switch to defense states automatically. The problem should be fixed once the enemy's attack is done or out of defense range.

2. Two posibilities: The AI hasn't been set up so it spawned attack moves randomly. Or, the problem occurs when the AI is set to be.(Intentionally and incorrectly which is contradicted to what it should have been).

3. It could happen because of the following state is missing, or the current statedef is unavailable. Or the ctrl is set to 0 instead of 1, making it stiff and unable to complete an animation, or the animation is missing. It's hard to determine the main factors that caused the problems. Guess I'd prefer some clips of the situations.

1. I put statetypeset,movetype = I at the end of my NA but I haven't gotten to doing it for SA. Could it be that my AI is getting stuck in block because the movetype is still defined as "A"?

2. I have an AI setup, unless you're referring to the "random commands" plus variable AI coding. I use Ailevel instead.

3. I've been looking and scouring for missing stuff but haven't found anything so I figured it might be something else. Will continue looking.

@Nep
Most people disable guarding via assertspecial whenever AI control is present and use a changestate into stateno 120 so they can have better control over how and when the AI should block.
I'll try that out and see the results.

UPDATE : Ichida, you're right on all 3. My AIlevel<=0 was missing on some of my player command states I must of deleted by accident so the AI had access to it. Thanks.
Follow Twitter: @MVDCGD
Subscribe Youtube: MVDCGD
Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 08:16:35 PM by MDCGD