YesNoOk

Requiring SF 3 Shin Akuma (Read 45972 times)

Started by He-Man, September 08, 2007, 01:56:54 am
Re: Requiring SF 3 Shin Akuma
#21  March 23, 2008, 04:08:17 pm
I believe if you disable the AIs, it runs on Mugen's default AI, which is less of a challenge (that's how chars with no AI work)

Oooooh - ok. But they will still be able to do specials, right? :)
Oh and btw - I don't know really how to disable the AI. Do I go into the character.DEF file and change something?
The key to happiness is not to mourn on the past, or to worry about tomorrow - but to live here and now. In the present. Honestly and earnestly.
#22  March 23, 2008, 05:03:41 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Of course. All it does is change how the CPU uses them. They'll still have their moves and everything else.

There should be a line for "ai =" or something similar in the def file. Null that out and you're good to go.
#23  March 23, 2008, 05:57:04 pm
Of course. All it does is change how the CPU uses them. They'll still have their moves and everything else.

There should be a line for "ai =" or something similar in the def file. Null that out and you're good to go.

Dude - thanks a lot. You've been of great help! :)
Could I ask you just one more thing?
I heard some people talk somewhere about a new sound plugin for MUGEN(or was it MUGEN plus?) which has better support for MP3.

Well, I got WinMUGEN Plus now, and it really rocks my socks off. But I would like to get my hands on that plugin too. If you could direct me to the topic where it could be found, or if you know where to get it - I would be very grateful. :)

Cheers mate

EDIT: There was no line for "ai" in the one's I looked at. :( Here's what it says for PotS Shin Akuma:

; _____________________________________
;| Shin Gouki by Phantom.of.the.Server |
; ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
;====================<DEFINITION>====================
[Info]
name        = "Shin Gouki"
displayname = "Shin Gouki"
versiondate = 12,05,2007
mugenversion= 06,14,2003
author      = "Phantom.of.the.Server"
pal.defaults= 4,5,6,1,2,3,10,11,12,7,8,9

[Files]
cmd     = Command.cmd
cns     = Constants.cns
st      = States/System.st
st1     = States/Normal.st
st2     = States/Specials.st
st3     = States/Supers.st
st4     = States/Helpers.st
st5     = States/Custom.st
stcommon= common1.cns
sprite  = Sprite.sff
anim    = Anim.air
sound   = Sound.snd
pal1    = Palettes/Orange.act
pal2    = Palettes/Teal.act
pal3    = Palettes/Green.act
pal4    = Palettes/Purple.act
pal5    = Palettes/Black.act
pal6    = Palettes/Red.act
pal7    = Palettes/Dark.act
pal8    = Palettes/Goku.act
pal9    = Palettes/Silent.act
pal10   = Palettes/SvCGhost.act
pal11   = Palettes/SFZ.act
pal12   = Palettes/GoukiCvSGrey.act

;[Arcade]
;intro.storyboard = intro.def
;ending.storyboard = ending.def

I still don't know how to turn the AI off.
The key to happiness is not to mourn on the past, or to worry about tomorrow - but to live here and now. In the present. Honestly and earnestly.
Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 06:15:53 pm by He-Man
#24  March 24, 2008, 02:36:47 am
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
Who said look in the .def file?

Try the .cmd file.
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#25  March 24, 2008, 02:50:27 am
  • FISSION MAILED
    • mugenguild.com/snake/

4/27/09 - Nameless V1 Released
*********Current Projects on Temp. Hold*********
#26  March 24, 2008, 03:15:22 am
Ah, I missed that... eh, sorry.

Still, AI is in the .cmd file.
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#27  March 24, 2008, 04:27:03 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Gah, I screwed up. I forgot not all chars have the AI line in their def file.
#28  March 24, 2008, 02:54:43 pm
#29  March 25, 2008, 07:33:11 pm
There's probably something else you didn't delete from his custom AI. However, I have no experience with AI coding, so I can't help you.

Cenobite 53 said:
#30  March 25, 2008, 10:17:43 pm
There's probably something else you didn't delete from his custom AI. However, I have no experience with AI coding, so I can't help you.

Ah - ok. Well, I could try asking around someone who has been coding it. Still, it would be nice to learn making these things by myself. Maybe I will when I have more time. Thanks anyway though. :)