YesNoOk

Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist - SECOND SEASON CONFIRMED! (Read 83841 times)

Started by Moon Girard, July 13, 2012, 02:59:34 am
Share this topic:
Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist - SECOND SEASON CONFIRMED!
#1  July 13, 2012, 02:59:34 am
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/07/25/street-fighter-world-warrior-street-fighter-assassins-fist-season-2-works/
Also during the Street Fighter panel, Street Fighter: Assassin’s Fist creator Joey Ansah announced there will be a follow up to the live action Street Fighter series. The series is called Street Fighter: World Warrior and is in the pipeline. No further details were announced

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/07/25/street-fighter-assassins-fist-blu-raydvd-release-15-minute-epilogue/
Street Fighter: Assassin’s Fist is streaming now on Machinima. On October 28, it will be released on Blu-ray and DVD. The news was announced at the Street Fighter panel at Comic-Con, which Siliconera attended.

The Street Fighter: Assassin’s Fist disc will include extras, some of which were shown during the panel. Here’s what you can expect:

Four deleted scenes – one of them takes place in episode 3 where Gouken is by the fire with Ken and Ryu. Ken asks a question about Dan and how he fits in will be explained.
    There will be extended scenes – one takes place where Ryu and Ken play Mega Man 2 and Ken reads a letter from his father.
    Ryu has a monologue on Goutetsu’s grave
    12 behind the scenes featurettes – some of these take place within the world of Assassin’s Fist where Ken uses a ’90s style camcorder to self film.
    Bloopers
    An epilogue that’s fifteen minutes long. This involves Gouken writing a letter to Ryu and Ken saying that a fight with Akuma is inevitable.

Spoiler: Season 1 announcement (click to see content)
Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 04:25:34 pm by Girard
Re: Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist - New Live-Action Show Announced
#2  July 13, 2012, 03:08:39 am
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm

About damn fucking time somebody did this...and from their original work on SFL I can already tell this will be done right.

I am soooooooo happy right naow. Thanks for the news.  8)
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#3  July 13, 2012, 04:35:15 am
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
I thought for some reasons any kind of movie based on a video game usually comes out bad. I guess I'll have to see what this one will be like to make sure. But seeing how this one will be about Ryu/Ken, or their masters. Good or bad, sounds interesting.

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
#4  July 13, 2012, 02:28:49 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
I think a collab between them and those guys from the 1000 Pound Production group would be most epic.
#5  July 13, 2012, 06:37:16 pm
  • Nothing ever ends
    • Portugal
    • www.justnopoint.com/loona
I don't doubt they'll be able to pull off some nice fight scenes, I'm just worried that they're picking a period of the Street fighter story with very little events to work from.

Curiously, Udon should be releasing their "Street Fighter Legends: Akuma" comic(s) in a couple of months or so, which will probably cover the same period and maybe more of Gouki's youth, but they get to have an easier time including other fitting characters like Gen and maybe Oro - which they'll probably really need to do, narratively speaking, Gouki tends to be all about dropping by, delivering overwhelming beatings to powerful people and trying to raise Ryu into a worthy future opponent or something resembling his own legacy, and not much else.

These guys, from the look of things, will have to cover some of that while focusing more on Ryu, Ken and Gouken, with Gouki lingering as a menacing presence about until a likely plot climax.
Until they reach that climax they'll probably have to address things like:
- how that Gouki make and actual living to support himself and pevent his students from starving (and their level of training requires a lot of food to make up for all the expended energy) - unless he's fully funded by Ken's parents or something
- how Gouken found Ryu
- why oh why did Ken's parents think it was a good idea to send their kid, possibly the only heir to a furtune (and thus a likely kidnapping victim candidate) off to train with some hermit in the middle of nowhere?

Other works of SF fiction have spend some time in this period of these characters' lives, bt usually only a brief period, not long enough to make these issues something worth addressing, so I'm curious to see how they'll handle it, if at all.
#6  July 13, 2012, 09:38:44 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
The series are inspired from Street Fighter Legacy Which recieved positive response from Capcom and film critics. Lets hope its ok
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
#7  July 13, 2012, 09:59:12 pm
- how that Gouki make and actual living to support himself and pevent his students from starving (and their level of training requires a lot of food to make up for all the expended energy) - unless he's fully funded by Ken's parents or something
They live in the mountain, they definitely hunt and pick fruits ! Everyone does that in the mountains.
- why oh why did Ken's parents think it was a good idea to send their kid, possibly the only heir to a furtune (and thus a likely kidnapping victim candidate) off to train with some hermit in the middle of nowhere?
Correction : some super powerful hermit, should answer it.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#8  July 13, 2012, 10:11:15 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Get ready for an audience when this is released.
#9  July 13, 2012, 11:12:10 pm
  • Unique, just like everyone else
Honestly I preferred this one, with the sole exception of Ken's wig.

Legacy is still really good, though.  It should make for a great film now that it's got actual funding.
#10  July 14, 2012, 12:09:19 am
  • Just a regular goon
Honestly I preferred this one, with the sole exception of Ken's wig.

Legacy is still really good, though.  It should make for a great film now that it's got actual funding.

Thanks for posting that man. It was pretty damn good.

Anyway I prefer Legacy because it's got Jon Foo. Speaking of him, is he gonna be in the new series?
"What do you want?"
"My face on the one dollar bill"
The Joker in Batman (1989)
#11  July 14, 2012, 12:53:10 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
- how Gouken found Ryu

- ken's parents sponsored the dojo.
- abandoned orphan.
- it's japan, crime is pretty low.
#12  July 14, 2012, 02:23:53 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Yeah I've been waiting for this since their short film :)
I do hope Jon Foo's back in as Ryu again as well.
They've been penning the script since they finished the short, it should be good.

I'm not sure if it's gonna be an internet series or actual aired series though?

Definitely keeping track of this :)!

ps. the Street Fighter: Beginnings was good too, but I prefer Street Fighter Legacy.

I really hope they'll use special effects SPARSE. I liked how they used actual pyrotechnics for Ken's Shoryuken in the short ;)
The Hadouken looked alright too, but could be better. It was odd how Jon Foo's mouth didn't match the 'Hadouken!' voice over though :P
Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 09:34:40 am by Balthazar
#13  April 12, 2013, 09:34:51 am
    • Netherlands
#14  April 12, 2013, 04:26:04 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Ken's father is in this one, too? Wow! I wish I knew how to donate online.
#15  April 12, 2013, 10:35:10 pm
This definitly needs support. Let's go for it. İt has been long since something good was made besides the games. İ hope fans will contribute or donate instead of just talking. This will be a great movie to see.
#16  April 28, 2013, 12:31:35 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
Funding Canceled Funding for this project was canceled by the project creator on April 17.
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#17  April 28, 2013, 12:49:34 pm
    • Netherlands
They weren't gonna reach their kickstarter quota, but they've found different ways of funding, so the project isn't cancelled as of yet :)
#18  April 28, 2013, 12:50:47 pm
- how Gouken found Ryu

- ken's parents sponsored the dojo.
- abandoned orphan.
- it's japan, crime is pretty low.

the most important question of all is why does ken's eyebrows black even though he's blonde?
#19  April 28, 2013, 01:34:04 pm
    • Netherlands
Ken isn't a natural blonde, he dyes it blond! Since he's half japanese, he has natural black hair.
#20  April 28, 2013, 01:37:14 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Ken has always had black eyebrows even dating back to SF1.