YesNoOk

Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist - SECOND SEASON CONFIRMED! (Read 83834 times)

Started by Moon Girard, July 13, 2012, 02:59:34 am
Share this topic:
Re: Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist - New Live-Action Show Announced
#41  May 14, 2014, 06:15:33 pm
  • SNK is life
B-Roll Behind the scenes stuff. ACCUMULATE (?) Hype

]
#42  May 16, 2014, 02:42:03 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
cant wait it is looking really awesome so far
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#43  May 23, 2014, 07:57:26 pm
All episodes are currently available on Machinima's YT channel.
#44  May 23, 2014, 08:09:34 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
oh shit! finally!
#45  May 23, 2014, 08:43:47 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
#46  May 23, 2014, 09:17:59 pm
Holy shit episode 4 Yoshinori Ono makes an appearance HAHAHA
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#47  May 24, 2014, 12:19:25 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Yeah just watched them all,  I liked it but the ending was dissapointing.
I expected a big fight involving akuma
#48  May 24, 2014, 12:40:07 am
Yeah, despite all the backstory and the training being the real meat, in the end it feels like a prologue, just the origin story before something else. I assumed from the start that it would end with the fight between Gouken and Gouki, and possibly a teaser of the Gokuentou fight between Ryu and Gouki in the SFZ2 ending. I cracked up at Ono suddenly barging in out of nowhere, but aside from that night out at the bar, in the end it felt a little too restricted, it's just a group of three characters at a time, all the time. Even though we knew it would be focused on everything Ansatsuken, it felt really solitary. Maybe that's why it felt like it was only the prologue to something else with more characters. Ryu's sudden Dark Hadou surge came with no warning, maybe that's why it feels like it's only starting and you expected that bit to be resolved (with even just a teaser shot of the Gokuentou fight).

The fights were great at best, and at worse, they were nice. The Shouryuuken was a bit too exaggerated and didn't break enough jaws or tear up chests, but Ryu's Tatsumaki was good. Nice to see them come up with a couple of techniques for Goutetsu. And the result of that Shun Goku Satsu ? Pretty gore-y.
Through the attention to all the little details (as far as the Nio drawn on the paper doors), the only tiny thing that bothered me is that Ryu's name isn't supposed to be the kanji for "dragon" but a different one (it's always written in katakana, but we know the kanji from SF1, it's 隆, meaning noble).

All in all, I loved every bit of it. Gouki and his descent, Gouken, Goutetsu, the references to Gen and Dan, the Hadou theories and training, and the Dark Hadou theory. Oh, and great actors too (only Ken's dialogues felt just a little empty, like a theater actor reciting to no one). But I'd love for there to be more, a second season, anything.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 12:45:25 am by DKDC
#49  May 24, 2014, 09:46:41 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#50  May 25, 2014, 03:17:58 am
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/may/24/street-fighter-assassins-fist-director-joey-ansah-talks-about-capcom-getting-cold-feet-sf-legacy-mike-moh-ryu-preparing-his-role/
So Legacy was financed by Capcom... Until they backed out just before release, fearing people wouldn't like it and it would bring bad rep to SF4 somehow. And Ansah released it as fanmade anyway. Comparing that with how they did stay behind Assassin's Fist through the end, it shows that they didn't really understand what part of SF fans really liked, until this (given Ono's cameo, I suspect he pushed for it and was a major support from Capcom's side). Well, I hope this is a success and the DVDs/BRs sell well (I know I'll get a copy, I hope it comes out in Europe), so that Capcom definitely understands that this does work.
About the World Warriors script they have, I dunno if it's good to make it specifically SF2, unless it's just a big wrap-up of the whole Shadaloo arc and they were just talking generally (rather than specifically).

Oh, and also, interestingly enough, all the interviews describe this with insistence as "a backstory" (to something else - the games) rather than a self-contained standalone story, hence the feeling that it's only a prologue and that something's supposed to be coming after it.
Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 03:34:19 am by DKDC
#51  May 25, 2014, 05:09:04 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Just finished watching it. That was amazing. I mean, not PERFECT, but damn good. I did feel cheated out of the Gouki/Gouken fight it felt like they were building towards, but in retrospect it's better to have that next season so you can have Ryu finding Gouken afterwards.

Really want to see these guys tackle SF1... and Alpha, and SF2, and SF3, and Final Fight, and...
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#52  May 27, 2014, 04:32:56 pm
  • SNK is life
#53  May 27, 2014, 09:07:42 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Anybody noticed how this skips SF alpha?  Ken cutting his hair and
giving Ryu his headband before any of the tournaments.

When did Dan graduate from the dojo?

Also did anybody get goosebumps when the old crazy
man started playing Ryu's theme song on his flute?
#54  May 27, 2014, 09:11:22 pm
Anybody noticed how this skips SF alpha?
Episode 00 is titled Alpha. Not to mention that it's also skipping SF1, which is before Alpha, and which Alpha retcons as the first time Ryu used the Satsui no Hadou to defeat Sagat with the Shouryuuken (or Metsu Shouryuuken).
And Ken has short hair in SF1, long hair in SFA, short hair after, and Ryu has the white headband in SF1 and Alpha, and the red headband only inSF2 and after.
He didn't, he was kicked out.
Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 09:15:46 pm by DKDC
#55  May 27, 2014, 09:17:17 pm
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/

Gouken banished him, after discovers Dan just training with him for getting revenge against Sagat.

Yea, Dan is a "**shole" :P

- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
#56  May 27, 2014, 10:55:31 pm
  • SNK is life
Loved the scene with Ken's boxing dad, and that rockin' Ken theme :beam:

OK, only up to Chapter 4. Moving on to 5!

Bea

#57  May 27, 2014, 11:55:11 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Chapter 4 is easily the best of the lot.

Overall, the show is good. Better than most stuff that we got so far, but it has space to improve.
The writing can be quite bland at some points. And it definitely cannot top Raul Julia's Bison.

But I commend them for their effort. It paid off in the form of a good, enjoyable show.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#58  May 31, 2014, 05:35:59 am
  • SNK is life
Finally finished the 12th chapter, it was very emotional.

I crave for more, they knocked it out of the park IMO
#59  May 31, 2014, 09:26:47 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
I'm left desiring for more as well, this is so well-put together, I loved every minute of it. The drama, music, environments, the fights, the look of the characters...all of it simply top-notch and how a video game adaption SHOULD be handled. It's pretty much a new standard for every adaption to follow, this level of authenticity and respect to the source material.

I'll take anything the team wants to work on yet. Wether it'll continue to follow Ryu and Ken on their Musha shugyō/Warrior's Pilgrimage, or if a second season will instead focus around Guile/Chun-Li/Shadaloo( or Shadowloo, whatever), I'll be there for it.
Whatever the case, I hope the very same team returns and is granted a larger budget but for the love of God, without any restrictions of creative control by any studio, studios are dumb and make things like The Disgraceful Movie Adaption The Legend of Chun-Li.

Not to mention it put me back into working some more, I'm trying to step it up now. Thanks to that amazing Gouki training sequence  :devil:
#60  June 02, 2014, 03:22:37 am
  • all is love in fair and war
bearded gouken has no muscle at all he lacks physical training, would be ridiculous to watch him dressed in his single sleeved gi later on, and facing Akuma Gouki, probably later on Gouken would be body swapped as well with more muscular actor (having beard to conceal the facial change).