Started by trexrell44, November 15, 2013, 06:22:51 am
Share this topic:
Trexrell44 wip thread
#1  November 15, 2013, 06:22:51 am
  • Celestial Tear: Video games and comics collide
    • USA
    • trexrell44@hotmail.com
I had to join the wip party.  XD||
The wips I listed are the ones that are more than likely going to get the most attention and have the most work done. Most of these are updates on pre existing work or things I have been working on with others. Which I am determined to get done. Others are project specific like Selene and Luke Cage. So most of my Solo work like my upgrade on Vixen takes a back seat. My goal is to try and make my characters to the highest quality as possible sprites,originality and code wise. Hope you like it.
------------------------------------------------
Flash Barry Allen redo

Sprites= clean up
Code= clean up
Game = JLM(Rise of Prime),Deception,Flash Project
Pic
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Selene Gallow

Sprites = Esn,trexrell
Code = trexrell
Game - MKVM,Deception
Pic
status:Mostly complete. Need to clean up gethits and do hyper. Balance and damages. Coding and a cleanup.
Superman

Sprites = trexrell,Spookey
Code = trexrell
Game - JLM(Rise of Prime),Deception, I think Legends
Pic
Status:Mostly coding and crouching and jumping basics need to be done.
Kyle Rayner

Sprites = trexrell,Blagoy,Xero
Code = trexrell,Devsmen
Game - JLM(Rise of Prime),Deception
Pic
Status: Very near completion. Mostly coding and a few more sprites. Have all constructs and effects needed.
Luke Cage
Sprites = trexrell,Blagoy,Redz,Hypersonic
Code = trexrell
Game - MKVM,Deception

Status:Released. Conversion to MKVM. Clean up more sprites. Add more essentials continue to make him better.Add more of hypersonic sprites.

Next=

Currently working on the beat em' up fighter called the Union.
Re: Trexrell44 wip thread
#2  November 15, 2013, 11:49:43 am
    • Bulgaria
Great work :)
#3  November 15, 2013, 10:56:25 pm
    • USA
    • trexrell44@hotmail.com
Thanks Blagoy.
#4  November 15, 2013, 10:58:13 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
yeah pretty good cant wait for superman
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#5  November 27, 2013, 04:26:45 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Wait! Didn't you finish some of these?
#6  January 22, 2014, 04:41:34 am
    • USA
    • trexrell44@hotmail.com

Yeah but they were not good enough. Sprites need work and gameplay and coding have to be much better. Also a bunch of them need a tad bit more of creativity and thought.

As far as some sprite fixed that I want to do for Luke I also want to do something to make him more exiting and unique from other brick type characters.

New Ideas and moves for Luke Cage. I was thinking and doing some research on games and comics and since Luke Cage is a big part of Heroes for hire I decided to make him sort of like Captain Commando in the way he uses his Helpers. But I think I may or may not do it in a creative way. I want to use three Characters the Daughters of the Dragon.

And probably Powerman 2 in place of Ironfist who is already mugenized. I would have Luke pull out his phone and call them in. And since its Heroes for Hire I was thinking giving him a wallet and having each striker cost a certain amount and when you run out you can not call them anymore. Well that is my idea let me know what you think.
#7  July 11, 2014, 01:42:22 am
    • USA
    • trexrell44@hotmail.com
There is still some more I have to do with this motion blurr and some more tweens but I wanted to show some progress on it. I have to match the stance up also.

Old

New

I have to take a look at the pal because it seems some detail on some of the sprites are left out.
#8  July 11, 2014, 02:20:56 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com

Yeah but they were not good enough. Sprites need work and gameplay and coding have to be much better. Also a bunch of them need a tad bit more of creativity and thought.

As far as some sprite fixed that I want to do for Luke I also want to do something to make him more exiting and unique from other brick type characters.

New Ideas and moves for Luke Cage. I was thinking and doing some research on games and comics and since Luke Cage is a big part of Heroes for hire I decided to make him sort of like Captain Commando in the way he uses his Helpers. But I think I may or may not do it in a creative way. I want to use three Characters the Daughters of the Dragon.

And probably Powerman 2 in place of Ironfist who is already mugenized. I would have Luke pull out his phone and call them in. And since its Heroes for Hire I was thinking giving him a wallet and having each striker cost a certain amount and when you run out you can not call them anymore. Well that is my idea let me know what you think.

I think that is funny and unique. What happens when Luke runs out of money?
#9  July 11, 2014, 02:33:14 pm
Old                                     New

I think the pose in the old one was better, but the shading is much better on the new one. The old version had a "fighting stance" feeling, while the other seems to just move the arm that way, it must be because of the legs and the timings of the attack.
I don't know how to explain better but I'll try: I think the legs moving that way reduce the impact of the attack. I can think of Akuma/Gouki in SF3 when he does his Standing strong punch:

He has this attack in SFA too, but this conveys more the sense of impact in my opinion.

In the new one the legs get one pixel longer they are not aligned properly; and the right hand (artist's left) isn't finished as I can tell from the other frames of the same animation. Also the left hand (it misses the green colours that make the knuckles protection).
I have to add that the abdominals have a different level of detail (I'm not saying it's lower) in the entire animation compared to the first frame abdominal (that I suppose is one of the standing frames) sorry for repeating words too many times.
Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 02:41:42 pm by Alex Sinigaglia
#10  July 12, 2014, 02:24:18 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Awesome projects, I'll be waiting for Kyle and Superboy Prime :D
Just a question: Kyle has color separated to got palettes of his other costumes (2000s, Ion, Blue Lantern, etc) or at least is in plans??

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#11  July 12, 2014, 07:07:59 am
    • USA
    • trexrell44@hotmail.com
@Uche_of_MFG He will not be able to call his helpers anymore. I was thinking of having him do some sort of hyper to regain some cash though.

@Alex Sinigaglia My initial idea was for his legs to spread out more for that punch but when I started to free hand it I began to see a cool animation for him to use a construct so I went with that. Also it is still unfinished I have to re shade some of it because the pal made him lose some detail. I also need to fix the stance to make it match the update also.

@Basara-Gorath Yes he has a bunch of those pals thanks to Blagoy he has the capabilities of having a Blue Lantern pal but I have to make it.