YesNoOk

Using ADX instead of MP3 for your BGMs (Read 76610 times)

Started by 外音リザ, January 22, 2006, 05:33:48 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Using ADX instead of MP3 for your BGMs
#21  January 25, 2006, 03:05:40 am
  • ADX Encoder Frontend Developer
I'm telling ya, send over the WAV files you have and I'll take a good look at them.
ADX Encoder Frontend - Making ADX encoding easier!
IT'S READY!
#22  January 26, 2006, 04:06:46 am
Well users,

Thanks for waiting.  The frontend is now complete.  It's now at version 1.0 and I do intend to update it with extra features, but for now, all it can do is convert a WAV to ADX file, with or without loop points.  I suggest that the first thing you do once you run the program, is to view the help by pressing the question mark on the top right-hand corner.  Here is the link:

ADX Frontend v1.0

As it says in the help file, if you find any bugs with the frontend (not adxencd.exe), just contact me at djdarkx_mod@yahoo.com and let me know what the problem is.  Laterz~

djDarkX

EDIT:
It's coming! Version 1.1 is coming real soon.  I need testers to make sure it works correctly as I have created a new GUI and want to make sure there aren't any  bugs so far.  Anyone wan to help me out?
Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 07:15:52 am by djDarkX
#23  February 01, 2006, 05:04:42 pm
  • Lost all his MUGEN stuff in hard disk crash. :(
  • CHIKARA TO EIKOU!!!
    • Philippines
    • Skype - o_hermanm
    • www.rotbrc.com
I tried it. good job. Wished it remembers settings though. :P
Orochi Herman: MUGEN Creator, Producer Video Editor and Web Programmer

And possibly more other shady things lol

https://www.facebook.com/OrochiHerman/
Thanks for the idea!
#24  February 01, 2006, 06:16:06 pm
Well, thank you for the idea!

I'm actually thinking of doing something like that, but I need some more advice on it.  I've worked out all of the bugs from V1.1 (still not released yet) and it works wonders!  I'm still looking for testers before I make it final.  Also, I'm gonna try and make a REAL help file using HelpScribble.

Also, keep in mind that I just formatted my HDD (ADX Encoder v1.1 and source intact) so it may take some time to make a new setup file for v1.1 and to start making v1.2 with "Saved Settings."  I will make it so that everytime you put in the settings you desire, all you have to do is press a save button and it will save it to a file.  When you want to recall the settings from before (maybe you re-normalized or used filters the second time around) all you have to do is press an open button and retrieve the settings from the saved file.  Simple, no?

Also, I'll see if I can fit some settings from adxencd.exe, which I stumbled upon while doing some DOS stuff, into the next version (LFP settings, resampling for compresion, compression data size).  Most of this stuff is still based on popularity of the frontend and the idea of using ADX instead of MP3.  If not much feedback comes from the community, then I see no reason to continue.  If I see popularity for this add-on rise, then I will continue.  Users?  What say you?

djDarkX
#25  February 02, 2006, 06:19:33 am
  • CHIKARA TO EIKOU!!!
    • Philippines
    • Skype - o_hermanm
    • www.rotbrc.com
Well for my part, I'm going to start releasing BGMs in ADX. This should raise ADX popularity to a level they'll want to do it too.

Hmm...
#26  February 02, 2006, 06:24:06 am
Sounds like a plan to me.  I actually went over to your site earlier today and was gonna suggest that to you, but you beat me to the punch.  Also, I love the work you've done with your charatcers.  I used some of them before...excellent work.  That's my honest opinion.  Anyways, if you wanna test the new version 1.1 for me, just added target directory and a new GUI, then let me know.  Laterz~

djDarkX
#27  February 02, 2006, 06:37:06 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
gonna give this a try; i had to cut out the best part in lei-lei's theme so that it would loop properly in mp3 :S
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
Hmm...(part2)
#28  February 02, 2006, 06:44:12 am
Well, is it that the MP3 cuts out completely after the "looped" area or is the MP3 file not too good?  I can have a look at it, just point me in the direction of the MP3 file and I can see why you had to cut the best part.  When it comes to looping, I'm very good at it.  I loop instruments to make soundfonts and the such, so looping MP3's is even easier.  Let me know.

djDarkX
#29  February 02, 2006, 06:48:49 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
not that, i already "connected" the starting and ending points of the loop
i meant that the beginning of the bgm is totally different from the rest (starts out with water sounds, then the music gradually starts) so i couldn't leave it there if i wanted the bgm to loop correctly
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#30  February 02, 2006, 06:52:13 am
...why not include the intro?  ADX files can play an intro and have a looped region.  That's why they have looppoints instead of just start of waveform to end of waveform.  Besides, the file size wont really matter when you have ADX files on hand for continuous music.

djDarkX
#31  February 02, 2006, 08:04:00 am
  • CHIKARA TO EIKOU!!!
    • Philippines
    • Skype - o_hermanm
    • www.rotbrc.com
I think he's talking about the experience when he had to use MP3 to loop stuff.

Anyway, hook me up for the beta testing thingy.

#32  February 02, 2006, 08:07:24 am
Sure thing.  I'll PM you the link as soon as the setup file is ready.  Should be ready by tomorrow.  I'll contact to morrow as soon as it's ready.  Keep an eye out for it.

djDarkX
#33  February 03, 2006, 07:08:50 am
  • The King of Hearts
Quick question, what do you mean by "define the loop points in wave samples" ?? Are you saying like start point at 0:00 and ending point at 1:32 ?? BTW, kinda new at this. :P

RISE SHINING GUNDAM !!
Last Edit: February 03, 2006, 07:13:05 am by Dragonranger84
#34  February 03, 2006, 07:15:56 am
No, that's defining loop points in decimal.  defining loop points in wave samples is like 0 and 7420395 or 96253 and 66239766 (random loop points given for example).  Decimal time format is an estimation, as were wave samples are precise.  I guess when you work with soundfonts/sample banks for a long time, you get used to it.  It's not hard to figure out, all you have to do is change the time view on whatever editor you're using, select the points and go from there.  If you need help, let me know.

djDarkX
#35  February 03, 2006, 07:32:41 am
  • The King of Hearts
Got it. Thank for your help !! Best of luck on your future releases !! :sugoi: BTW, im using Audacity.  :)

RISE SHINING GUNDAM !!
#36  February 06, 2006, 10:36:37 pm
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
For me, ADX files play REALLY fast, skipping through the song. Here are the settings I have for it.

If I turn down the priority to normal, it plays normal for most of the songs, but it has points where it skips and eventually it just stalls. Any idea on what to do?
#37  February 08, 2006, 06:27:13 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Change Fade Length to 10. It fixed the same problem I had.

By the way, is it possible to make existing ADX files louder? The MvC2 and NGBC ones I just downloaded are completely covered up by my characters' voices (warusaki3's chars are WAY too loud).
#38  February 08, 2006, 06:47:37 pm
  • CHIKARA TO EIKOU!!!
    • Philippines
    • Skype - o_hermanm
    • www.rotbrc.com
The way for that would be to remember the loop points. decompress, make stuff louder, then recompress.
That stuff I find a wee bit uncomfortable.

Unless someone gets a hold of CRI's editor for ADX files.

#39  February 08, 2006, 06:55:14 pm
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Change Fade Length to 10. It fixed the same problem I had.

Unfortunetly, it didn't fix my problem. :( The only thing that works right now is changing my Hardware Acceleration from Full to None, but 1. I have to set it before using Mugen, and set it back afterwards. 2. The ADX songs skip sometimes whenever sound effects or voice samples are played.
#40  February 08, 2006, 07:06:32 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
The way for that would be to remember the loop points. decompress, make stuff louder, then recompress.
That stuff I find a wee bit uncomfortable.

Unless someone gets a hold of CRI's editor for ADX files.

Thought so.

EDIT: Aha, figured it out. Just doesn't make a whole lot of difference :(
Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 07:01:13 pm by .ogg